diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba LiFePo4 batteries

Patrick

Albaba has a number of batteries in the 300Ah range, and they're not at all expensive,

The listing indicates they include a BMS, and they seem an ideal match to the 24v PIP all in one solar charger/inverter,

Has anyone dealt with these batteries from Alibaba before? Do they work, and are they worth the money?

It seems that most LiFePo4 batteries come from china already, getting something like a 300Ah battery would cut down on wiring & complexity no end.

That is an amazing price for a 300 AH with BMS. Did you get a shipping quote?

I'm dubious... my math says that's cheaper than buying cheap chineese LiFePO4 cells...perhaps they're making it up in the shipping costs?

Well, that's only the one. There are others. That said, so check with the vendor first. Confirm the discharge rate.

I bought from them. It's not like it's a branded AliBaba battery. Ruixu makes the one I bought. It would be the same battery if I bought it at Sears.

I'm dubious... my math says that's cheaper than buying cheap chineese LiFePO4 cells...perhaps they're making it up in the shipping costs?
I think that is exactly it...shipping. Going to cost 250% that price by the time it gets to your door.

Similar kind of price in a different configuration...

Need to buy a 40’foot container of’em. Cost should come to half. Shipping per unit will come down to almost nothing.

Go sit at a swap meet/flea market and sell’em for $200 over landed cost.

In my life, I would only need to sell a couple a day to make the numbers work
And, you wouldn’t need to pay the extra electric to space fee.

If only it was that easy!

Guys be positive most lifepo4 are made In China. Over 85% of western companies get their products made there. Be positive. My iPhone parts are manufactured I n China and supposedly assembled in the US.
I applaud your speaking out to say something and apologize if you took offense...but I think you misunderstood...

It's not that Chinese batteries are bad; as you say most are made there. For example, most Panasonics 18650s are made in China and they are some of the best batteries in the world. It's just that there are quality Chinese cells (like the Panasonics) which have a "premium" price, and then there are "other" quality cells that are "less expensive". There's even a third category where unscrupulous characters pass rejects or used batteries off as new.

Most countries for example require datasheets and enforce the products meet the datasheet. China doesn't. The lack of regulation can be great for businesses as it doesn't stifle innovation; but bad players in the industry can easily tarnish that reputation.

So it's a case of buyer-beware and why when there's a deal that seems to be good to be true, folks want to check around to see if it's real or not. Prices have been falling, but used batteries are also more available and it's hard for foreigners to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Ditto to post above!

I would just like consistency in specs and how those specs are arrived at...

Makes for a lot of digging, researching comparing, and double checking to make sure the specs seem plausible.

As just one example, do all companies and countries and individuals define “nominal capacity the same way? Dakota battery says discharge to 100%? What does that mean? When the bms cuts out? Or does it means something else? Is it the same for the batteries listed above so you can compare these with Dakota, B B, easily?

I’m used to thinking of raw capacity so take into account 80% usability but if the specs or advertisements for these prefabricated batteries already take that into account the buyer/user does not need to...
That’s why it seems important to know
cell specs
S and P configuration and specs related to cells
S and P configuration specs for Internal module
Complete battery specs.

All that just to make sure something isn’t being over hyped .

And then throw in repurposed EV modules and how those are being marketed and one’s head starts hurting...

Am I wrong?

I bought from them. It's not like it's a branded AliBaba battery. Ruixu makes the one I bought. It would be the same battery if I bought it at Sears.

What was your experience with the battery? Shipping costs? (some seem worried that it will be exorbitant, but that's not been my experience when shipping from Alibaba vendors) Did you do any testing for compliance with specs? Finally, which unit did you order?

Thanks!

What was your experience with the battery? Shipping costs? (some seem worried that it will be exorbitant, but that's not been my experience when shipping from Alibaba vendors) Did you do any testing for compliance with specs? Finally, which unit did you order?

Thanks!

I bought a Ruixu 100 amp hour lithium. I have no data for you yet as it is sitting on the desk in my office while I wait for medical clearance to climb a ladder so I can install my panel. I will have to research what the shipping cost was. It took 18 days to get here. People were saying 3 months.

I just checked. $629 and the shipping was free.

And I just realized I bought from Aliexpress, not Alibaba. So "open sesame" as needed......

Last edited:
My bigggest concern would be what if you have a problem .... it would not be like if you bought it from Sears ... or Amazon.

I bought a keyboard for my computer that turned out to have a problem. I bought if thru Amazon, but it came from China. I processed a return thru Amazon and they just refunded my money and didn't want the return item ..... don't think it will work that way for one of these large batteries.

I have bought cells through ali baba 6 times and now ali express once . Good experiences . Quick delivery .
They are shipping them to warehouses in your country by container loads and then freighting to you from there.
have not had a bad experience yet .

Thanks for the info… That’s awesome to hear!

So shipping doesn’t end up to ridiculous as in most cases they’re already in the country?

I have bought cells through ali baba 6 times and now ali express once . Good experiences . Quick delivery .
They are shipping them to warehouses in your country by container loads and then freighting to you from there.
have not had a bad experience yet .

How do you pay when you buy from them? I'm usually very protective of who gets my credit card info......I see they do direct payment from a bank account and I was thinking of setting up an account just for the purpose of buying through them and only keep the minimum amount of money in there to cover what I purchase.
With a credit card there is likely to be foreign transaction fees on most cards.

Back