diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba LiFePo4 batteries

Ok guys I'm ready to put my cells together but my only question is wear should I connect my 2 negative wires coming from my overkill bms? Because I'll have my batteries parallel. I'm just confused on the location because I see some contacts it to charger or some mounts them to metal?

Ok guys I'm ready to put my cells together but my only question is wear should I connect my 2 negative wires coming from my overkill bms? Because I'll have my batteries parallel. I'm just confused on the location because I see some contacts it to charger or some mounts them to metal?
Are you talking about the main negative wires coming out of each BMS? There should be 3 of them on each of the overkill BMS's. Most people connect those to the negative bus bar of the entire DC system. That bus bar is often shared with the negatives from the charger, inverter, etc. Systems designs vary, but they should be routed to where ever all your negative's come together.

Are you talking about the main negative wires coming out of each BMS? There should be 3 of them on each of the overkill BMS's. Most people connect those to the negative bus bar of the entire DC system. That bus bar is often shared with the negatives from the charger, inverter, etc. Systems designs vary, but they should be routed to where ever all your negative's come together.
I'm talking about the 2 black wires coming from the bms in the picture. I have an MPP solar all in one system. And I have to batteries I made so both have 2 black wires coming out of the bms. My question where or what is the best place to hook them up too? The 2 batteries will be in parallel, so I'll have 1 negative on one battery going to my system and the other battery will have the positive going to the system.

Attachments

• 1616600811142507845370975078596.jpg
    1616600811142507845370975078596.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 12
Or can I hook all them up to my victim smartshunt and then have that going to my system?

Or can I hook all them up to my victim smartshunt and then have that going to my system?
The 2 black wires coming out of your BMS are essentially your battery negative. Some people will route them to a terminal on the battery itself and then use a separate wire to the system, but you can wire those 2 BMS leads direct to the negative side of your system if the BMS leads are long enough. The Smart shunt is a great place to attach to so that any load (besides the BMS) will be measured by the shunt.

The 2 black wires coming out of your BMS are essentially your battery negative. Some people will route them to a terminal on the battery itself and then use a separate wire to the system, but you can wire those 2 BMS leads direct to the negative side of your system if the BMS leads are long enough. The Smart shunt is a great place to attach to so that any load (besides the BMS) will be measured by the shunt.
So I shouldn't connect the bms to the shunt?

So I shouldn't connect the bms to the shunt?
Yes, you can connect the BMS to the shunt, but typically the shunt would be connected "downstream" of the BMS (connected to the black wires), so the shunt consumption isn't being measured. If you are only going to have one battery, I guess you could install the shunt between the battery negative terminal and the BMS, but that's not the common approach. I don't think it would cause any issues that way, but I'm not sure. The BMS draws very little power, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect.

With the 3 wire (for 12v) or 2 wire (for 24v) black wires coming off the Overkill BMS. Could those wires be combined into a single batter ring terminal lug at the connection for the battery and the main busbar / inverter connection?

I am using the 24v 8s OKS model. It will have 2 wires coming off each side. I plan to use 6 awg (I ordered my OKS BMS with the M6 terminals). If acceptable, What size ring terminal lug would I use to combine the two #6 wires into one lug? Probably a #4 if I can get all the wire in? or would a #2 lug be better?

Yes, you can connect the BMS to the shunt, but typically the shunt would be connected "downstream" of the BMS (connected to the black wires), so the shunt consumption isn't being measured. If you are only going to have one battery, I guess you could install the shunt between the battery negative terminal and the BMS, but that's not the common approach. I don't think it would cause any issues that way, but I'm not sure. The BMS draws very little power, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect.
Yes the shunt will be between my MPP solar and the bms. I have 2 batteries hooking up to my system, so 2 BMW. I still can hook both bms black wires all to the shunt?

Back