diy solar

diy solar

Are we all getting GRADE B cells??

Most people with sufficient knowledge on the topic. Other folks just know "grade B is bad" and will prefer the seller who is willing to lie :).

I personally don't care about grade A/B stuff. I care about capacity, IR, swelling, and price per kWh.

This thread has run its course and I guess the OP finally got his answer:

"Yes we are all buying grade B" unless you got a manufacturer test report. But the real question is now, is it Worth buying True Grade A I would say we will know the answer in about 2-3 years. If people are still getting 80-90% capacity on average after 5 years than probably not worth the price.

We shall see?️ will tell...

now all the grade B cells from EVE have scratched original QR code and a new one lasered over it... but you can still see the B underneath (quite) and the original code.
Those are the cell that I recived for my project
well, maybe it's not a grade B because of capacity loss.. 1.png

From some statements over the internet I see the theory, that grade B will have shorter cycle life and higher capacity drop with cycles. So it is not about the initial capacity or the IR, but more likely the cycle life that we are gambling for.

However, I have no idea how they test the cycle life of a new cell.

And another thought on the topic - the self-discharge rate is also something we can test. This is the 3rd thing we can easily test and try to match against the datasheet. My expectations are that a grade A cell will exceed the specs from the datasheet and grade B should fall short on some of them.

@Alkaline, if I get a test report for my "grade A" cells and they fall short on the capacity against the datasheet test I'll be a bit mad. Especially if I've paid a premium price for them.

Last edited:
If you got a report and they fall short I would raise hell also, hopefully you will come out ok.

NOTE: My Luyuan Grade A cells were 278 vs the 285 they said that were on the report so they were 7 ah short.

Ohh wow they upped there game. Dang, I hate buying from Ali but this might just have to be a purchase.

Ohh wow they upped there game. Dang, I hate buying from Ali but this might just have to be a purchase.
I bought most of my tech stuff from Ali, Amazon here in IT/EU is mostly only dropshipping of Alibaba or Aliexpress, so why I have to pay double price for the same stuff only for 1 day shipping?

Back