diy solar

diy solar

Anyone bought Ganfeng 270Ah+ (GFB) Grade B Cells from 18650BatteryStore? Big mistake

ccfants

Bought Lifepo4 cells from 18650BatteryStore a few times as I saw some good feedbacks in this forum.

The most recent order was 12 Ganfeng 270Ah cells. One of cells was leaking chemical liquid when I opened package. I sent email to James in 18650BatteryStore.com, he offered a replacement CATL 302Ah Grade B Cell as 270Ah sold out with $34.00 price difference plus $22.65 shipping Total $56.65. I paid and hoped no more hassles. I was wrong. Another cell starts leaking. What shall I do now? Return the whole order? 18650BatteryStore.com asked me to pay return shipping when I try return the first leaking cell.

Attachments

• IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 33
Return all cells and only buy grade A next time. I don't think $39 per cell savings is worth the gamble with reject cells. At $133/kWh A grade LFP cells are cheap enough already. Edit: I was looking at CATL Grade B cell when I wrote this post. Real grade A (EVE LF280K) is $166/kWh on that site.

Last edited:
Now I know what grade B means
You probably picked the worst quality grade B you can get. For $95 per cell while grade A is listed for $150 there got to be a catch. Those are probably cells harvested from used packs at end of life. I am surprised 18650batterystore would even carry them.

obvious junk send them back at their cost they sent you very substandard cells nowhere does grade b mean leaking cells if their smart they will credit you for them and let you dispose of them vrs shipping all of them back

keep us posted on how they handle this customer service is key if they want future business

Attached capacity test tag of the second leaking cell. See if anyone bought same

WOW I thought my experience with grade B from 18650 was bad, you clearly got it worse than me. Sorry guy. How can you even return them? Do you think the shipping company will even let you send them.

They should just refund you the money, what is 18650 even going to do with these.

Ditch them Sunfunkits has REPT 280 cells for around 168/cell with coupon, or you can try the 280K from 18650 but capacity wise the 280K is not as strong.

I never understood why so many people here buy grade B it is not that much cheaper than grade A but so much more risk. Baffling.

I never understood why so many people here buy grade B it is not that much cheaper than grade A but so much more risk. Baffling.

same reason why people buy used cars for 99% the value of a new one. Actually in this economy its closer to 120%....

Received following up for the second leaking cell, 18650batterystore offers even exchange(1 cell) with $20 shipping fee

So they want you to send the biohazard back to them? Are they providing you with a shipping label?

They asked me to dispose both cells. But I need pay the shipping for exchange cells. I already paid $56.65 for the first replacement. The second replacement is $20.63 shipping only as the warehouse found one Ganfeng available.

Mutter mutter grumble
If I need more cells sometime I'm not sure where to go right now.
Grumble mutter grumble...

They have grade A 280K in stock, but yes people are going to have to learn to keep their cheapness in check. Grade A only option for me regardless of how many grade B success stories I keep reading about, seems to be 1:1 for every grade B cheer there is a grade B tear.

Tis a shame...

I have had good luck with 18650 store, just ordered my second set of 280K from them. But seeing this makes me think I will probably avoid them. You should be given an entire 4 pcs set shipped to you at no charge.

Those cells look like a health risk, I would not even attempt to charge/use them. Heck I would even refuse them bring back to ups and tell them you don't want anything to do with this.

This is so different from the stories you hear about grade B being almost as good as grade A. I would stay clear from them.

Grade A, Buy Once Cry Once and then be at peace.

They asked me to dispose both cells. But I need pay the shipping for exchange cells. I already paid $56.65 for the first replacement. The second replacement is $20.63 shipping only as the warehouse found one Ganfeng available.

Did you ask about capacity testing them? I Know it would be dangerous but If you are willing and have even a fan tester would like to see your results.

Actually no I would not mess with those man I would ask for my money back the whole lot 2/4 are leaking...

Tell UPS these people are shipping defective leaky cells! I'd be surprised if UPS doesn't just close there account altogether... They don't play around with hazards they lost a plane to lithium fires back in 2010.

I'm shocked to be honest, I would think they would do everything to cover you and stop this for getting out. Dang margins on these cells must be insanely thin to go to such lengths...

I've been recommending 18650 to many people but not after this, I think diving into the grade B market caused more harm than good for them should have just stuck to grade A cells.

Back