diy solar

diy solar

REPT 280Ah grade B from 18650Batterystore test result

Bud Martin

Solar Wizard
I just received my REPT 280Ah grade B from 18650Batterystore today, 12-29-2022, these are Black Friday special for only $100 ea, + $65 shpd (4 cells) to N.Cali.
I test the Voltage on each cell, they are around 3.45V! it only took < 1hour to full charge each cell to 3.55V and <1A tail current, it means they are full charge when they shipped them.
The cells are well packed.
The welded studs are OK.
I did not want wait to put them in parallel and let them sit for hours before testing them.
I run the battery pack test with discharging current of around 40A, I had to stop at 11V before the Voltage goes down to 10V (2.5V/cell) because the inverter Low Voltage alarm was bugging me.
The test result is 286Ah, the Wh is 3600W but it is not accurate because there is no Volt sense on my tester to get accurate Wh reading, I'm sure I can get to 290A if I keep running it down to 2.5V/cell.
I'm happy with the result! especially at $100/cell is great price.
20221229_231649.jpg
20221229_145626.jpg
20221229_145648.jpg
20221229_150058.jpg
20221229_150505.jpg
20221229_145319.jpg

Last edited:
How was the flatness of the cells and are the bus bars copper or brass?
Thank you for testing these for us.

Cells look great, pretty flat to me. I cannot tell what kind of material the bus bar is, they look the same as I get from other sellers.
But I was surprised at the state of charge when they shipped out the batteries to me, but I'm not complaining since I'm able to test the batteries on the same day I received, otherwise It would take me a couple of days to charge them all up before performing the test, the delta is about 20mV at the beginning and about 100mV at the end of test.

Cells look great, pretty flat to me. I cannot tell what kind of material the bus bar is, they look the same as I get from other sellers.
But I was surprised at the state of charge when they shipped out the batteries to me, but I'm not complaining since I'm able to test the batteries on the same day I received, otherwise It would take me a couple of days to charge them all up before performing the test, the delta is about 20mV at the beginning and about 100mV at the end of test.
Will be ordering my 4 today at $115.00 ea (missed the black friday deal) and $38 shipping. Thank you for talking the time to report back to help others, I appreciate it.

Will be ordering my 4 today at $115.00 ea (missed the black friday deal) and $38 shipping. Thank you for talking the time to report back to help others, I appreciate it.
Only $38 shpd, you must be close to the company.

I just received my REPT 280Ah grade B from 18650Batterystore today, 12-29-2022, these are Black Friday special for only $100 ea, + $65 shpd (4 cells) to N.Cali.
I test the Voltage on each cell, they are around 3.45V! it only took < 1hour to full charge each cell to 3.55V and <1A tail current, it means they are full charge when they shipped them.
The cells are well packed.
The welded studs are OK.
I did not want wait to put them in parallel and let them sit for hours before testing them.
I run the battery pack test with discharging current of around 40A, I had to stop at 11V before the Voltage goes down to 10V (2.5V/cell) because the inverter Low Voltage alarm was bugging me.
The test result is 286Ah, the Wh is 3600W but it is not accurate because there is no Volt sense on my tester to get accurate Wh reading, I'm sure I can get to 290A if I keep running it down to 2.5V/cell.
I'm happy with the result! especially at $100/cell is great price.
View attachment 126941
View attachment 126942
View attachment 126943
View attachment 126944
View attachment 126945
View attachment 126946
You tested without bms? how are you getting 11v from single cell or did you use a 4s bms?

You tested without bms? how are you getting 11v from single cell or did you use a 4s bms?
I test them as 12V pack with BMS, I did not want to waste time testing one cell at a time and then have to charge them all back up.

Last edited:
That's good, as far as I'm concerned the ali sellers are done for now, looks like 18650 is going to carry a whole barage of grade B, pretty sure they'll have the CATL 280s soon too.

They have really expanded their LFP selection. I got eight of their 280ah cells a few months ago. I had some issues with a rather large delta at the end of charging above 14.2V but it seems to have resolved on it's own.

This is interesting I would love to see like a shootout of ganfeng vs catl vs rept grade B battle with some testing.

I hope 18650 does well with this there price is the same as docan and much cheaper than eel. Lets see what happens.

This is interesting I would love to see like a shootout of ganfeng vs catl vs rept grade B battle with some testing.

I hope 18650 does well with this there price is the same as docan and much cheaper than eel. Lets see what happens.
The problem with this is you just have no idea what the cells have already been through. Coming from china, they'll sell grade B as "A NEW" -- no telling what grade Bs actually are. Just too many variables. Reputable supplier w/ ease of swap if there's an issue is the way to go. You'll get what you order and if there's an issue you swap it out.

yes but 18650 is putting the AH rating on the cells themself so its not full random like it with other grade b sellers, so maybe we could have a middle ground potentially

Do you have 'Reputable supplier'?
So far I have not seen the so called 'Reputable supplier' in this forum that will take back the defective cell back and send you a replacement cell at their expense. I know I'm taking chance buying these so called 'B' grade cells, but so far I am have been lucky with my purchases. I was lucky with Basen (my first purchase of Lishen 280Ah cell in 2020) purchase, they did send me one replacement cell within two weeks. Now I had purchased cells from Docan and 18650 due to shipment from US warehouse without waiting months from China, It is the risk I'm taking to get cells at low price, I had built 5 battery packs so far.

Last edited:
I drove to 18650 and filled up the mach e full of cells -- still haven't gotten around to using everything I picked up. Picked up all sorts of stuff, haven't played with any of it yet. Going to start tonight.

yes but 18650 is putting the AH rating on the cells themself so its not full random like it with other grade b sellers, so maybe we could have a middle ground potentially
Are you sure about that? They seem to have arrived in this country and then been shipped out to customers way too quick for them to be able to test them individually. I have a cell or 2 that like to run high during charge and the BMS cuts off. I am not getting the impression that they are well matched sets of 4/8/16.

The stickers are put on by the Chinese rep, not by 18650, you can see test is done on Oct 10, 2022, at 5:10 pm. long before I got my cells,
1673662608135.png

Are you sure about that? They seem to have arrived in this country and then been shipped out to customers way too quick for them to be able to test them individually. I have a cell or 2 that like to run high during charge and the BMS cuts off. I am not getting the impression that they are well matched sets of 4/8/16.

well either way I think its good they are doing this.

Back