diy solar

diy solar

REPT 280Ah grade B from 18650Batterystore test result

Potentially, or Potentially no...I want grade B cells that are basically grade A like 99% grade A but are priced like grade B. What I don't want is those druggy grade B that bring down the whole pack or act like class clowns and cause problems when you occasionally do need to put a load on.

If you have 1 of these doppy cells in your pack, it will drive you nuts, usually your whole pack capacity is now based on the lowest one and so is the max discharge / charge... Also they can drive your BMS nuts because they are the first to say I"M FULL 3.7V, and also the first one to say I'm DEAD 2.0v..

So yeah, a bad grade B can ruin anything even solar.

This is why 18650 is so intriguing because they are capacity testing there cells and also IR matching even the grade B. Previously when you bought grade it was a total crap shoot, you could get like 1 cell testing to 290 and another at 270. Not to mention the IR and other issues.

So yeah, Basically grade A but at the grade B price is what everyone wants.

Also if its dirt cheap then its crap so No to ali express.

Potentially, or Potentially no...I want grade B cells that are basically grade A like 99% grade A but are priced like grade B. What I don't want is those druggy grade B that bring down the whole pack or act like class clowns and cause problems when you occasionally do need to put a load on.

If you have 1 of these doppy cells in your pack, it will drive you nuts, usually your whole pack capacity is now based on the lowest one and so is the max discharge / charge... Also they can drive your BMS nuts because they are the first to say I"M FULL 3.7V, and also the first one to say I'm DEAD 2.0v..

So yeah, a bad grade B can ruin anything even solar.

This is why 18650 is so intriguing because they are capacity testing there cells and also IR matching even the grade B. Previously when you bought grade it was a total crap shoot, you could get like 1 cell testing to 290 and another at 270. Not to mention the IR and other issues.

So yeah, Basically grade A but at the grade B price is what everyone wants.

Also if its dirt cheap then its crap so No to ali express.

You sound like you speak from experience.

Waiting on my BMS from China, than I'll begin battery setup.

Do you still recommend this seller and product
? I don't know how to pick by seller on AliExpress page. Can you give us a link?
Thanks

My set isnt matched well at all. I have one cell that cuts the bms off at 2.5 while the rest are still at 3.1. Charged up and tested by itself and only got 278.
Which to be fair my cheap chinese tester might be off by 2ah.

Tried to contact 18650 about helping with it. They dont answer emails or the chat box on their site and phone calls are just me ending up being put on hold until I cant waste anymore time.

Figure I will just deal with it and not buy from them again.
I know my tester could be off that much, I know I bought "b" cells. In my emails I wasnt demanding a full refund or a free exchange. I told them I would pay shipping and even the majority of the price for a replacement cell if they could just let me exchange it for one more closely matched the test stickers on my other 3.
They never answer back :(
Hi, did 18650 ever get back to you? I'm looking to purchase some cells and looking for a decent supplier in the US.

Hi, did 18650 ever get back to you? I'm looking to purchase some cells and looking for a decent supplier in the US.
LOL, yes and no
After about a month I get this email

I apologize for the delayed reply. Just based on the way you presented that, I'll see what can be done. I'll get back to you once I speak with my boss.
Stephen Parks Davenport
Battery Systems Manager

That was over a month ago and I never heard another thing from them. I left a negative google review and moved on. I would never buy anything from them again. I think you would be fine if everything arrived perfect. But if you have any problem understand they are going to give you zero support and will just put you on ignore. Because they are not going to answer your chats or emails if anything is wrong except to lie and say they will get back to you.
I wouldn't recommend them to people I don't like.

LOL, yes and no

That was over a month ago and I never heard another thing from them. I left a negative google review and moved on. I would never buy anything from them again. I think you would be fine if everything arrived perfect. But if you have any problem understand they are going to give you zero support and will just put you on ignore. Because they are not going to answer your chats or emails if anything is wrong except to lie and say they will get back to you.
ok, thanks for sharing the feedback.

Just to ask about things, I spoke to guy named James he seemed nice. I didn't spend much time don't have the funds right to buy the set I need.

LOL, yes and no

Other than a sluggish responses to email, my experience with 18650Battery Store has been very positive. The replies received, although somewhat delayed of what I would have preferred, were generally very well written and informative. Due to working what many would consider extreme overtime and night shift, my preferred means of communication is email, but they often replied if a fast response was needed, call. They are a small operation without a lot of manpower, but yeah, I do feel they could do a little better in the communication department.

The Eve 304ah cells arrived in 3days post order. Most cells were 3.294v/3.295v with one outlier at 3.277v. Even though I was willing to wait and see if the one outlier would become a problem, 18650Battery Store sent a replacement cell, no problem.

They had the best price I could find on jk bms, and if not for our local shipper shutting down due to winter weather, they would have also arrived in 3days.

Edit: corrected some numbers.

Last edited:
Kornbread do you have a fan tester or other capacity measuring device it would be nice to see what type of results you get with these.

Thanks

Other than a sluggish responses to email, my experience with 18650Battery Store has been very positive. The replies received, although somewhat delayed of what I would have preferred, were generally very well written and informative. Due to working what many would consider extreme overtime and night shift, my preferred means of communication is email, but they often replied if a fast response was needed, call. They are a small operation without a lot of manpower, but yeah, I do feel they could do a little better in the communication department.

The Eve 304ah cells arrived in 3days post order. Most cells were 2.294v/2.295v with one outlier at 3.277v. Even though I was willing to wait and see if the one outlier would become a problem, 18650Battery Store sent a replacement cell, no problem.

They had the best price I could find on jk bms, and if not for our local shipper shutting down due to winter weather, they would have also arrived in 3days.
Wow, those cells came incredibly low in terms of voltage. Please keep us posted in terms of the results when you test them.

Back