diy solar

diy solar

BATTERY SELLERS - THE GOOD, BAD, UGLY -- or Jenny (DOCAN) so far so good ...

They have a new website here :

I might not be looking at the correct Ali website if it seems that
the 280Ah are currently at $150 on the Docan Technology (Shenzhen) web page
and on the DocanPower those are at $160? Are they the same store?

I might not be looking at the correct Ali website if it seems that
the 280Ah are currently at $150 on the Docan Technology (Shenzhen) web page
and on the DocanPower those are at $160? Are they the same store?
It would be best to contact @Jenny Wu directly so you know exactly what you're getting, at what price, and that they're in stock. Trying to make sure I was ordering the right thing on Ali was confusing I think because of the way things are advertised. The price differences you see could be for many reasons.

This seems as good a place as any to ask about this cell in particular;

I'm getting ready to put together a battery storage system and am wondering if these are considered to be good cells. What are the drawbacks of this particular choice verses say a 280hour EVE cell if I were to use them to form the basis of my storage system? @ghostwriter66 @RayfromTX and anyone else with wisdom in the matter. It seems like a really good price but I'm really green on this end. If I start with a battery this size. do I have to stick to that size when adding capacity later?
Thanks!

CALB LF100 100Ah CALB 3.2V LiFePO4 Prismatic Battery Cell Laser Welded Terminal Stud​

What are the drawbacks of this particular choice verses say a 280hour EVE cell if I were to use them to form the basis of my storage system?
Price per kWh would be the biggest drawback. When I priced 100Ahr Calb cells a year and a half ago they were the same price as the EVE cells for a lot less capacity. The CALB cells have a great reputation.
This is actually a better question for a separate thread about comparing cells. This thread is about vendors. You would get better responses as a separate thread.

Price per kWh would be the biggest drawback. When I priced 100Ahr Calb cells a year and a half ago they were the same price as the EVE cells for a lot less capacity. The CALB cells have a great reputation.
This is actually a better question for a separate thread about comparing cells. This thread is about vendors. You would get better responses as a separate thread.
Oh okay. I found these cells on Docan's website 15 minutes ago and they are $38 each. If I ask @Jenny Wu will she steer me right?
Thanks in advance!
Is that better? :)

will she steer me right?
Depends on your definition of right? A lot depends on your use case. I have not had experience with her but everything I have heard about delivery is good. I do not know anything about her skills in helping optimize a users system. That seems to be what you are asking?

Obviously things have changed since I priced CALBs.

Depends on your definition of right? A lot depends on your use case. I have not had experience with her but everything I have heard about delivery is good. I do not know anything about her skills in helping optimize a users system. That seems to be what you are asking?

Obviously things have changed since I priced CALBs.
Well no actually I'm more concerned about quality control issues as I've followed several threads here where issues have been discussed and I'm not interested in stepping into a pile of crappy cells. Especially if what I'm looking at is one of lower capacity cells and the price per watt is $.38 vs. $.39 per watt. She should be able to tell me if they are a quality cell and I should be able to believe her. No? That's what I'm asking. And for anyone else here with experience with Docan and those cells might be ble to chime in too. I'll find my optimizing help here in another thread. I'm trying to nail down if I use her and Docan I know she not ugly ...but is she good or bad?
Thanks! :)

Well no actually I'm more concerned about quality control issues as I've followed several threads here where issues have been discussed and I'm not interested in stepping into a pile of crappy cells. Especially if what I'm looking at is one of lower capacity cells and the price per watt is $.38 vs. $.39 per watt. She should be able to tell me if they are a quality cell and I should be able to believe her. No? That's what I'm asking. And for anyone else here with experience with Docan and those cells might be ble to chime in too. I'll find my optimizing help here in another thread. I'm trying to nail down if I use her and Docan I know she not ugly ...but is she good or bad?
Thanks! :)
I would trust Jenny with anything she has control over. There are a lot of moving parts that she deals with to get us the batteries. She seems to be very honest and has been more responsive than anybody else I looked into ordering from. She helped me decide between 3 different capacity cells initially to make sure I was getting the value/quality I wanted for my situation. I believe what she tells me.

I would trust Jenny with anything she has control over. There are a lot of moving parts that she deals with to get us the batteries. She seems to be very honest and has been more responsive than anybody else I looked into ordering from. She helped me decide between 3 different capacity cells initially to make sure I was getting the value/quality I wanted for my situation. I believe what she tells me.
Thank you! That's what I'm talkin 'bout. Now I can look for consensus. :)

Thank you! That's what I'm talkin 'bout. Now I can look for consensus. :)
I had an excellent experience with @Jenny Wu, although I bought the EVE 304 cells from her. Very quick to reply to anything and everything I asked her, the cells all arrived with extremely good packaging, all 4 cells were within 1/1000 volt of each other, and zero damage to anything. She even followed up with me after the cells arrived to make sure that they were OK and that I was happy with them. I would recommend her based on my experience (one time) and also from what many others have stated as their experience with her.

Hi Ghostwriter-
I have to talk slowly because I don't edit the videos so I can't afford to misspeak but the solution is to play it back on 1.25 speed. Then I sound normal. It's really funny, like I'm 20 years younger. Try it!
Hey Ray, watched a couple of your videos before stumbling across your most welcome advice. I tried it on the next video and it was great for the 1st 30 minutes, then I had to kick it up another notch. I think you were working on the batteries I'm looking at from Docan that I'm looking to get started with. Great video, btw! :)

I didn't know anything about batteries or cells or lifepo4 7 months and then I decided I'd like to upgrade my batteries in my RV. So watching videos reading information here. I decided to jump in 2 feet all at once. I ordered from Jenny Wu and mentioned Ray's name. I got 4 280ah 2800k cells for $150 a piece from the Texas Warehouse. Took me 7 days to get them. Then I sat and looked at them until the BMS (JBD 150a) arrived from China. I could barely stand it waiting. Finally got it. Set it up. Bought everything I needed. Top balanced all the way to 3.65 then immediately assembled into series .Did a capacity test and according to this cheap capacity tester that I have, I was able to pull 290 amp hours. The BMS showed zero remaining when it started at 280 so I know I got full capacity either way.
Probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger but Ray help me in his video to feel confident and just make the plunge and Jenny answered any questions I had. Didn't have much and everything went perfectly. Couldn't ask for a much better outcome. I have learned a lot from zero to at least something. Now I get to try to hook up the DC to DC charger in my RV. And enjoy these batteries to their fullest.

Attachments

• PXL_20220203_180044062.jpg
    PXL_20220203_180044062.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20220202_224634662.jpg
    PXL_20220202_224634662.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 27
I didn't know anything about batteries or cells or lifepo4 7 months and then I decided I'd like to upgrade my batteries in my RV. So watching videos reading information here. I decided to jump in 2 feet all at once. I ordered from Jenny Wu and mentioned Ray's name. I got 4 280ah 2800k cells for $150 a piece from the Texas Warehouse. Took me 7 days to get them. Then I sat and looked at them until the BMS (JBD 150a) arrived from China. I could barely stand it waiting. Finally got it. Set it up. Bought everything I needed. Top balanced all the way to 3.65 then immediately assembled into series .Did a capacity test and according to this cheap capacity tester that I have, I was able to pull 290 amp hours. The BMS showed zero remaining when it started at 280 so I know I got full capacity either way.
Probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger but Ray help me in his video to feel confident and just make the plunge and Jenny answered any questions I had. Didn't have much and everything went perfectly. Couldn't ask for a much better outcome. I have learned a lot from zero to at least something. Now I get to try to hook up the DC to DC charger in my RV. And enjoy these batteries to their fullest.
Great to hear. I'll be ordering at least 32 in about two weeks when I drive back to the US (in Cabo). What have LiFePO4 prices done in a year? How much have they jumped up in price? This is for an off-grid house in Mexico.

Great to hear. I'll be ordering at least 32 in about two weeks when I drive back to the US (in Cabo). What have LiFePO4 prices done in a year? How much have they jumped up in price? This is for an off-grid house in Mexico.
Not sure what they have done in the past year but going forward EV manufacturers are trying to secure as much supply as possible so lithium spot prices have been rising and will probably continue to rise.

Wow, what a nice way to start out the day. Thanks so much for your kind words. The world is what we make it and you just made it better.
I agree. Your video is very helpful got me to order 16 EVEs from Docan (Amy - who is very helpful). Unfortunately my order timing was during Chinese New Year...

Did that $150 include shipping?

Back