diy solar

diy solar

BATTERY SELLERS - THE GOOD, BAD, UGLY -- or Jenny (DOCAN) so far so good ...

Folks I had ordered 4 x 280Ah welded stud cells from Jenny on Nov. 24th. These were shipped via ship from China to my home in Alberta, Canada (well by ship to Central Canada and then UPS from there) and arrived at my door yesterday (Feb. 7).

3.29v on all cells - I'm very pleased.

Anche io ho ordinato 16 celle lf280k da docan, per italia sono in contatto con daisy molto gentile e veloce. Vi farò sapere al suo arrivo

Ho ricevuto le mie prime 16 cellule da Jenny Wu oggi. Forma perfetta. Ora le cose stanno venendo insieme. Ho dovuto allungare il tavolo della mia sala da pranzo per l'officina perché il garage era freddo.?
[ATTACCO]83446[/ATTACCO]
Fantastico, io sto aspettando che mi vengono inviate, adesso stai facendo il
Bilanciamento? Come ti sembra? Fai qualche prova, ho visto che hai un cavo bello grosso sul tavolo che cavo e? Io lo sto cercando da 50mm , stai in sala da pranzo perchè fa freddo e le celle soffrire , mettigli una coperta??

Fantastico, io sto aspettando che mi vengono inviate, adesso stai facendo il
Bilanciamento? Come ti sembra? Fai qualche prova, ho visto che hai un cavo bello grosso sul tavolo che cavo e? Io lo sto cercando da 50mm , stai in sala da pranzo perchè fa freddo e le celle soffrire , mettigli una coperta??
Yes I'm top balancing now. They're looking great so far. I have time so I'll do them individually for now. I'm still just getting started so I'd rather just take it slow and learn how everything works together. The big cable I have is 2/0. I haven't put anything together yet, but the Scc/inverter should be here next week. It's getting exciting!

Sì, ora sono in equilibrio. Stanno benissimo finora. Ho tempo quindi li farò individualmente per ora. Sto ancora iniziando, quindi preferirei andare piano e imparare come funziona tutto insieme. Il cavo grande che ho è 2/0. Non ho ancora messo insieme nulla, ma l'Scc/inverter dovrebbe essere qui la prossima settimana. Sta diventando eccitante!
immagino che sarà molto eccitante , allora auguri per le nuove batterie e aggiornaci

I got my second order from Daisy [Docan] and like the others here that have ordered from Docan, everything went well. I ordered them a little more than a month ago and was waiting for them to get to the Houston warehouse. When they did, I got them a week or so after.

I was expecting drilled holes but got studs instead. Not a big deal since I can adapt to most anything.

Another happy client.

This seems as good a place as any to ask about this cell in particular;

I'm getting ready to put together a battery storage system and am wondering if these are considered to be good cells. What are the drawbacks of this particular choice verses say a 280hour EVE cell if I were to use them to form the basis of my storage system? @ghostwriter66 @RayfromTX and anyone else with wisdom in the matter. It seems like a really good price but I'm really green on this end. If I start with a battery this size. do I have to stick to that size when adding capacity later?
Thanks!

CALB LF100 100Ah CALB 3.2V LiFePO4 Prismatic Battery Cell Laser Welded Terminal Stud​

Curious what you found out about these batteries, I'm considering ordering some as well.

I ordered 16 EVE 304AH battery cells from Docan Technology on 1/7/2022, and they still have not arrived. Has anyone had any issues with not receiving battery cells they have paid for? Sandy Zou is the contact, and she has responded to all of my messages. Our last round of messages stated that the cells would arrive at the port on 3/15/2022 and I would receive them around 3/20/2022, but I still have no tracking information, and they have not arrived yet. I am waiting for a response to my last message I sent her today. I just thought I would check here as this is my first time dealing with Docan Technology via Alibaba.

I ordered 16 EVE 304AH battery cells from Docan Technology on 1/7/2022, and they still have not arrived. Has anyone had any issues with not receiving battery cells they have paid for? Sandy Zou is the contact, and she has responded to all of my messages. Our last round of messages stated that the cells would arrive at the port on 3/15/2022 and I would receive them around 3/20/2022, but I still have no tracking information, and they have not arrived yet. I am waiting for a response to my last message I sent her today. I just thought I would check here as this is my first time dealing with Docan Technology via Alibaba.
The shipping estimates they provide are just educated guesses, it appears. I dont think I would panic yet, it's only a few days past the days they suggested. There are factors that are beyond their control, unloading time at the port, customs clearance, then reloading onto a local shipper for delivery.

Personally, I'd give them a couple few weeks of grace before I started worrying (my cells should arrive next month so we will see if I still feel the same way then :) )

Shipping from China is slow, especially these days. Give it time.

Thank you for the responses. I understand it can be slow, but it is hard to understand nobody knowing where the items are, and 16 days after being told they should be at the port, there is still no update. How come there isn't better information about where the products are in this day and age? I am sure that the companies that are shipping the goods all know where everything is at any given time. GPS is used on almost everything these days - ships, trucks, phones, etc.

Thank you for the responses. I understand it can be slow, but it is hard to understand nobody knowing where the items are, and 16 days after being told they should be at the port, there is still no update. How come there isn't better information about where the products are in this day and age? I am sure that the companies that are shipping the goods all know where everything is at any given time. GPS is used on almost everything these days - ships, trucks, phones, etc.
It seem that these suppliers/ supply chains are simply not set up to provide consumer level detail (like what we would normally be accustomed to with domestic couriers).
Also whenever customs&border services are involved there is no way to get any information, it takes as long as it takes, that's just how it is.

There is an old phrase that definitely applies here..........As long as a slow boat from China!

How come there isn't better information about where the products are in this day and age?
My guess is they go to a consolidator who tries to fill a container. The low cost consolidators do not have enough profit to notify each package recipient of the location of that container on the ocean. I would also guess it is a rush last minute thing until a container is full.

Back