diy solar

diy solar

BATTERY SELLERS - THE GOOD, BAD, UGLY -- or Jenny (DOCAN) so far so good ...

Again they will set up an alibaba payment invoice and you can pay any form you’d like. I never purchased through the docs power web site.

I sent them an email earlier today asking about payment options, will report back when they respond.

Wait for China or wait for Houston. Either way, you will have to wait. If you don't need them, I guess it does not matter.

I had the same issue when I ordered my set. I wanted to pay for them to 'lock down' the price and they were more than happy to take my money. To be fair, I was happy to give it to them. I believe it was about 45 days before they were in my possession. I suspect the main reason to wait is it's cheaper to send them to Houston then China if there is a problem.

Can others please report what they are seeing for capacity of the 280Ah LF280K cells from Docan Tech? At roughly .15C (40A) I am not able to get my cells to discharge 280AH from 3.65 to 2.5v, but it seems I need to test at roughly .1C (30A) to pull the full 280Ah. Are others witnessing the same behavior?
@RayfromTX tested a 128 docan 280 ah cells with this tester, all came in over 280 ah

All test below? That seems odd. Anything is possible including the test equipment.

Can others please report what they are seeing for capacity of the 280Ah LF280K cells from Docan Tech? At roughly .15C (40A) I am not able to get my cells to discharge 280AH from 3.65 to 2.5v, but it seems I need to test at roughly .1C (30A) to pull the full 280Ah. Are others witnessing the same behavior?
I am half way through testing my 32 EVE LF280K Grade A cells connecting in 4S (12v Nom.) batches. (Bought privately in Australia from Chinese importer)
Ist battery batch 4S 271 A/H
2nd " " " 275 "
3rd " " " 279 "
4th " " " 271 "
Using a TAO BMS @ 110A (roughly 0.4C) (after top balance)
So a bit down on advertised A/H
Am going to compare with Victron BMV712 Smart on next test set up)
Cheers - Leigh

I bought 64 LF280K cells from Jenny. All tested between 280.1 and 285.7.
Hello Ray
What meter & shunt did you use for this test please?
What was the battery efficiency set at?
What was the Peukert effect equation set at?
What was the discharge rate?
Did you do a parallel cell connection top balance or individual?
I am just trying to work on the accuracy of my testing
If you have mentioned it before, can you guide me to where please?
Thanks - Leigh

Save $100 to lose protection a CC or PayPal offers may seem short sighted. Haven’t heard any complaints with docan not delivering quality products, but I also would not want to be the first.

Hello Ray
What meter & shunt did you use for this test please?
What was the battery efficiency set at?
What was the Peukert effect equation set at?
What was the discharge rate?
Did you do a parallel cell connection top balance or individual?
I am just trying to work on the accuracy of my testing
If you have mentioned it before, can you guide me to where please?
Thanks - Leigh
I have made videos on my channel about my testing.

I am half way through testing my 32 EVE LF280K Grade A cells connecting in 4S (12v Nom.) batches. (Bought privately in Australia from Chinese importer)
Ist battery batch 4S 271 A/H
2nd " " " 275 "
3rd " " " 279 "
4th " " " 271 "
Using a TAO BMS @ 110A (roughly 0.4C) (after top balance)
So a bit down on advertised A/H
Am going to compare with Victron BMV712 Smart on next test set up)
Cheers - Leigh
Your numbers are similar to mine. I'm using the A40L, and when I mentioned it to Jenny Wu, she suggested testing at only 30A to get advertised numbers.

Your numbers are similar to mine. I'm using the A40L, and when I mentioned it to Jenny Wu, she suggested testing at only 30A to get advertised numbers.
Are these capacity tests being done at the specified temperature in the spec sheet?

Are these capacity tests being done at the specified temperature in the spec sheet?
What temperature delta do you think would cause this kind of poor performance? ie. Cells rated for 0.5C (140A continuous) and you can't draw more than 30A continuous? sounds sus.

What temperature delta do you think would cause this kind of poor performance? ie. Cells rated for 0.5C (140A continuous) and you can't draw more than 30A continuous? sounds sus.
I tested eight Eve 280Ah (K series, I think) at 50°F - 55°F and got below 280Ah out of all of them. I moved inside and retested two of them and got over 284Ah on both. I think cells will mostly perform well in cooler temps, but the capacity is affected more than you might think.

I tested eight Eve 280Ah (K series, I think) at 50°F - 55°F and got below 280Ah out of all of them. I moved inside and retested to of them and got over 284Ah on both. I think cells will mostly perform well in cooler temps, but the capacity is affected more than you might think.
I feel like you didn't read my post? I wasn't talking about capacity per se, I'm talking about discharge rates. The EVE 280 cells are rated for 0.5C, so you should be able to withdraw 280Ah at 140amps if they are to spec? Acccording to the original post I quoted, only getting 280Ah out if you discharge at less than 30A seems pretty bad?

I feel like you didn't read my post? I wasn't talking about capacity per se, I'm talking about discharge rates. The EVE 280 cells are rated for 0.5C, so you should be able to withdraw 280Ah at 140amps if they are to spec? Acccording to the original post I quoted, only getting 280Ah out if you discharge at less than 30A seems pretty bad?
Sorry. I was only trying to say that temperature has an effect on prismatic lfp cells that is greater than people - at least me - might think. Didn't mean to derail your point. My only direct experience is with capacity, but the temps might effect performance otherwise.

I just remember seeing in the EVE spec sheet discharge performance at different temperatures, see item 3 below.

Attachments

• 6D494867-447B-4F51-8F9E-DEFC88CAEEA1.png
    6D494867-447B-4F51-8F9E-DEFC88CAEEA1.png
    313.3 KB · Views: 30
I just remember seeing in the EVE spec sheet discharge performance at different temperatures, see item 3 below.
Yeah, I just dont understand how what you are suggesting relates to capacity at a given discharge rate. Yes, cells have different capacities at different temperatures, but we were talking about different capacities at different discharge rates.

Like with lead acid batteries you will get a capacity based on a variety of discharge rates, the higher the discharge rate, the less power you can draw from the battery.
F.ex:
1651317876678.png

Maybe I am wrong here, but I thought the EVE batteries are speced @ 0.5C discharge for their capacity. ie. I should be able to draw 140A for 2 hours and completely exhaust the battery. What Docan appears to be saying is that you can only draw at 30A (0.1C!!!) to get the full capacity. That seems lame and seems to indicate that these are not automotive grade cells.

Not an expert tho so maybe I just dont understand :D

diy solar

diy solar
Back