Every time I buy some thing with Renogy
On the box it dies in short order
I don’t know any thing about sigineer
I’ve been using inverters since 87
So I have not had a lot of experience
With all the Chinese’s equipment
I buy magnum , freedom / xantrex
Out back , morning star equipment .
The funny thing is it is all still working.
Some 30 + years old ?

Every time I buy some thing with Renogy
On the box it dies in short order
I don’t know any thing about sigineer
I’ve been using inverters since 87
So I have not had a lot of experience
With all the Chinese’s equipment
I buy magnum , freedom / xantrex
Out back , morning star equipment .
The funny thing is it is all still working.
Some 30 + years old ?

After looking closely I'm less confident that the Renogy is a re-badged Sigineer.

Sigineer is a Taiwanese brand.
IMO their low frequency inverters are basic, inexpensive and durable.
Also their rep(Franklin) speaks fine English and is an expert on their product line.
Stark contrast to Renogy's reputation for lousy support.

Really you should not need much support
Once the name brand equipment is set up and running there is not much to do
I have a old inverter in my sail boat that I have never look at since I installed in 90?
I hit the switch and it comes on ? No support needed . Magnum out back is the same way .
Now everything has a computer and that is hard to figure out .
It looks like the op equipment in the pic is good stuff and has got to be 20 years old ?

Something like this and a separate controller? This way if I go to a 48v system later I’ll just need a new inverter.
Buy an outback inverter , works on 12v,24v,48 v just buy once, and rock solid.
And for sure you want to upgrade in the near future if you start to small, you know a fridge more a Tv more and alot and so on !
Just my 10 cents

Really you should not need much support
Once the name brand equipment is set up and running there is not much to do
I have a old inverter in my sail boat that I have never look at since I installed in 90?
I hit the switch and it comes on ? No support needed . Magnum out back is the same way .
Now everything has a computer and that is hard to figure out .
It looks like the op equipment in the pic is good stuff and has got to be 20 years old ?
You are correct. The inverter is 30+ years old, and finally died. The charge controller was replaced after the hurricane in 1997. One thing I noticed in the picture from my battery room is the yellow light on the Morningstar unit. That light is what either makes Dad happy or not. With no one there, new batteries, and only the refrigerator running shouldn’t it be green if it’s working correctly?

Buy an outback inverter , works on 12v,24v,48 v just buy once, and rock solid.
And for sure you want to upgrade in the near future if you start to small, you know a fridge more a Tv more and alot and so on !
Just my 10 cents
Right you are. My understanding though is if I keep 12v until next year I need a 12v inverter and can’t get a 24 or 48 now. Is that right? The inverter has to match the panels. But, I can go with an 80 amp charge controller to use when I add more panels.

The inverter has to match the panels.
The inverter has to match the battery voltage

fwiw I am no fan of renogy
There’s similarly or less priced products at the lower end that have good reputations. I spent hours even contacting people I could (way beyond appropriate for the several hundred dollar parts I was going to buy) researching stuff on the budget end. The only thing renogy that I bought was a tilt bracket for the panels.

if you’re not going to get the high-priced stuff go with Will’s recommendations for cheap stuff that works. Epever charge controllers aren’t expensive, Giandel inverters seem to be good, rich solar and windyNation panels seem to last well. WindyNation cables and fittings have been good. Renogy seems to get defended by people who think they did something high tech for $1000 system and they want to explain their purchase to themselves. Until something breaks. At the entry level you can spend the same and do better than renogy imho

I’d bring crimpers and a dozen ir two MC4 pairs or whatever connectors are being used

Please provide a product link, I'm very interested in such a flexible inverter.

I must have misunderstood.
I thought you meant that Outback has inverters that support all 3 system voltages.

This one https://www.outbackpower.com/products/inverter-chargers/fxr-vfxr-series says...
"Single-phase 120V or 230V sinewave output in 12V, 24V, or 48V versions".
Why have voltage specific versions if they automatically adjust?
I have this one : https://www.solaris-shop.com/outback-international-gvfx3648la-3600w-battery-inverter/
Perhaps I´m wrong with that multi voltage input , i can remember that it had an automatic voltage adjustment.
I will check my documentation ,
I was WRONG !!!!
He can adjust between these pareameters .
the 24 V inverter can have 22 to 32 V DC
the 48 V inverter can have 44 to 64 V DC
sorry for my mistake

Last edited:
OK gents, here’s a Giandel pure sine wave 3000 watt with no charge controller. Thought please…
6E3DB9DA-6A98-4C06-AA81-4EDC0F274E13.png

What I’m thinking is converting to 48v in the near future so I’ll just have to get a new inverter. Anyone have a hood 80 amp controller they like?

Back