diy solar

diy solar

Best crimper for 2/0 and 4/0 ?

I'm happy with this one and shockingly the price hasn't changed since I ordered in Sept 22. $89.95
TEMCo Hydraulic Lug Crimper Tool TH1818 DIELESS Indent 10AWG to 400MCM Electrical Battery Terminal Cable Wire 5 YEAR WARRANTY https://a.co/d/dRLL4XI
This looks like the best crimper out there, especially for the money (let's call it up to $100). The fact that it's dieless is a huge win as well. Just ordered one!

This looks like the best crimper out there, especially for the money (let's call it up to $100). The fact that it's dieless is a huge win as well. Just ordered one!
I've been very happy with it.
One thing to note, I found the recommended pump chart to be way to low. I'd say ~7 more than the chart calls for but I'm sure this is pendant on your terminals.
You'll know you used to many when the lug gets stuck on the die...
Oh and thick heatshrink covers the +/- indent when you use the + die for your - wire 😉.

I've been very happy with it.
One thing to note, I found the recommended pump chart to be way to low. I'd say ~7 more than the chart calls for but I'm sure this is pendant on your terminals.
You'll know you used to many when the lug gets stuck on the die...
Oh and thick heatshrink covers the +/- indent when you use the + die for your - wire 😉.
So, basically, no real point in using +/- if you're gonna wrap the ends, right?

So, basically, no real point in using +/- if you're gonna wrap the ends, right?
I don't see any.
If someone were visually impaired and thin heat shrink were used you could feel the + / - but someone visually impaired probably shouldn't be working on wiring that could potentially kill them...

Back