diy solar

diy solar

Best way to keep cells cool on a large 64 cell setup.

Sam Cho TX

Solar Enthusiast
I'm looking to setup a 16s4p setup. It will be using 4 BMS units that I have yet to finalize. What is the best way to add cooling to something like this? Build a cabinet and attach a 48v DC air conditioner?

It can get pretty hot in my Cabin in Arkansas, I'm also doing Air BnB / Rentals for a good part of the year, due to the location the cost of getting electric would mean I would need to pay for the utility company to run wires so I decided I"ll just make my own power (probably would still have been cheaper to pay the utility haha...)

Anyway I need a way to keep these cool, I'm also using dual LV6548 inverters.

Here are the contenders:

4x sepolos mason kits with Solar Assistant

Use some metal cabinets like Average Joe:

Modify a steel cabinet like a dewalt?

In all 3 options it is not climate regulated so I'm thinking maybe build a cabinet that can house a window A/C unit and just keep the cooling inside and put 1" foam sheets all around.

Not sure how hot is hot but consider just a fan to circulate cooler ambient air overnight. Simple timer.

I'm looking to setup a 16s4p setup. It will be using 4 BMS units that I have yet to finalize.
I've been using LiFePO4 for 4 years and cannot say i've ever noticed ANY cell warming. I'd keep this in mind while designing but only implement something if/when your initial testing shows this as an issue. Who knows, maybe keeping them in a cool cabinet is better than circulating high ambient temp air.

Arkansas can get pretty hot, we used to have a camp near the Ozarks, it got into the mid 100's routinely.
I think a nice ventilation fan would be your best option, away from the sun and ventilation probably would be about 10 degree cooler.

Back