diy solar

diy solar

Blowing Fuses in the system

Fuse can be sized for 125% of conductor rating.
Conductor should be sized for maximum possible current.

Any positive conductor. (Battery positive)
And lastly i say tinned copper -> tin has different conductivity compare to copper, isnt this compromising whole cable Amperage, say you got tinned copper lug, i wonder is it tinned on all sides or side which is supposed to be attached to conductor isnt, bcs that one doesnt get corroded as is attched?

The fuse will protect against overcurrent from anywhere in the circuit. But it will only protect against a short on the opposite side from the source.
well but once its blown circuit is broken and flow of energy is gone, so that way it would protect wiring even before or i am dillusional?

about if you size 125% fuse and get say 120% for long time, wont this going towards damaging cable insulation etc.? this looks weird to me, i would be thinking opposite - cable has max Amperage and would be aiming for less than that with fuse...please dispell my myst :)
If a load is sustained for 3 hours or more, it considered as a continuous load. And falls under different rules. Your loads will fluctuate enough to not worry about it.

well but once its blown circuit is broken and flow of energy is gone, so that way it would protect wiring even before or i am dillusional?
Not from a short before the fuse.
Just locate the fuse as close to the source as you can. And it will be as safe as possible.

Not from a short before the fuse.
Just locate the fuse as close to the source as you can. And it will be as safe as possible.
Tim just side question how you are so on On reactions? you always respond within hour or less....appriciate your way of doing things and giving hints to ppl

Tim just side question how you are so on On reactions? you always respond within hour or less....appriciate your way of doing things and giving hints to ppl
I try to look in, as often as I can.
Usually, I'm on the road a lot between jobs.
I can neither confirm nor deny that I text while driving. lol

Back