diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200P Bonded neutral

EZ Generator Switch

Owner, patent holder
Looking for other input from Bluetti users... it is my understanding you CAN NOT bond the Bluetti neutral to the house system. Here is the issue when you are trying to use a transfer switch. There are two different types of transfer switches one for bonded neutrals systems ( this switch transfers both hots and neutral) also for GFCI's
Floating neutral systems do not transfer the neutral and bonds it to the house system.
If you CAN NOT bond the neutral of Bluetti, some furnace systems like Lennox and Boderus will not work. They are looking for their neutral to be bonded thru the system to ground. ( No you can not use a bonding plug they are illegal because they bond the neutral out in the field rather than bond the neutral at the panel, the only place the NEC will allow a neutral to be bonded is at the main disconnect)
Has anyone here bonded the Neutral output of their Bluetti to the house system neutral thru a transfer switch? OR does anyone have any info from Bluetti direct that says it is OK?
Our last contact from them was you can not bond their neutral. Anyone know different?
Just a FYI... Eco flow systems will let you bond their neutral and therefore never have these issues. Thanks in advance!

Looking for other input from Bluetti users... it is my understanding you CAN NOT bond the Bluetti neutral to the house system. Here is the issue when you are trying to use a transfer switch. There are two different types of transfer switches one for bonded neutrals systems ( this switch transfers both hots and neutral) also for GFCI's
Floating neutral systems do not transfer the neutral and bonds it to the house system.
If you CAN NOT bond the neutral of Bluetti, some furnace systems like Lennox and Boderus will not work. They are looking for their neutral to be bonded thru the system to ground. ( No you can not use a bonding plug they are illegal because they bond the neutral out in the field rather than bond the neutral at the panel, the only place the NEC will allow a neutral to be bonded is at the main disconnect)
Has anyone here bonded the Neutral output of their Bluetti to the house system neutral thru a transfer switch? OR does anyone have any info from Bluetti direct that says it is OK?
Our last contact from them was you can not bond their neutral. Anyone know different?
Just a FYI... Eco flow systems will let you bond their neutral and therefore never have these issues. Thanks in advance!
If you are connecting your bluetti to your house service panel the neutral and ground should be bonded through your service panel and you won’t need bonding. If you are completely bypassing your homes service panel then doesn’t your bluetti become the origin of your power?

If you are connecting your bluetti to your house service panel the neutral and ground should be bonded through your service panel and you won’t need bonding. If you are completely bypassing your homes service panel then doesn’t your bluetti become the origin of your power?
Lets try this again...All I have read is you can not bond the neutral of a bluetti ...in other words if you use it as a stand alone source, this means if you connect to your home you CAN NOT connect it to the neutral of that item you are attempting to run. You MUST switch both legs (hot and Neutral)
Has anyone connected a Bluetti without switching the neutral? Can't get Bluetti to answer this question

Lets try this again...All I have read is you can not bond the neutral of a bluetti ...in other words if you use it as a stand alone source, this means if you connect to your home you CAN NOT connect it to the neutral of that item you are attempting to run. You MUST switch both legs (hot and Neutral)
Has anyone connected a Bluetti without switching the neutral? Can't get Bluetti to answer this question
Here's a recent review from Amazon that states the user modified his EZ Switches for use with his Bluetti. Seems to contradict everything I've read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use with my Bluetti Ac200P
Reviewed in the United States on August 21, 2023
Verified Purchase
I recently purchased a 2000 watts portable battery power station from Bluetti, and needed to hook it up to to my heating system, as well as critical area like bedrooms lights, and routers for internet. I have decided to go with the Ez generator switch, and the process was straightforward,

I had to modify the switches to a floating neutral, and followed the instruction that came with the hardware, since my Bluetti AC200P has an "open ground" upon testing using my ("Klein Tools RT250 GFCI Outlet Tester")
If you have a generator with a floating neutral written in front of it, or have a portable battery power station with an open ground, be sure to modify the switch to a floating neutral.

Instruction to modify the switch is available on youtube, and also came with your hardware documentation.
Hope this review will help someone.

EDIT: Note to EZ
This thread might have gotten more traction if you had posted it here: https://diysolarforum.com/forums/solar-generator-and-micro-systems.11/

Last edited:
Back