diy solar

diy solar

BMS Shutting down issue..

jeremyF

I have recently purchased TDT 6022 BMS from China and I have a problem where the BMS does not activate Charge and Discharge switches. It does show the switches coming ON momentarily and immediately after, they become OFF. Does anyone have experience with this BMS? Comany which sold is completely silent and no support at all. Appreciate if someone could assist/guide me to resolve this issue.

I'm not familiar with that BMS, but does it give any error code?
All cells Voltages are normal?

I'm not familiar with that BMS, but does it give any error code?
All cells Voltages are normal?
Yes.. No error code on monitoring software. Cell voltages are normal and the issue is that the charge / Discharge Switches (soft) do not remain ON, they become ON and immediately when the Inverter detects the battery, they swithhe OFF.

Yes.. No error code on monitoring software. Cell voltages are normal and the issue is that the charge / Discharge Switches (soft) do not remain ON, they become ON and immediately when the Inverter detects the battery, they swithhe OFF.
Do you mean when you connect the inverter positive and negative terminals of the inverter to the battery terminals that is when the BMS goes into shutoff?
Did you perform pre-charge of the inverter capacitor bank using resistor to limit the inrush current when connecting inverter to the battery?
Please also provide the BMS parameter settings.

Can you post a pic of how its wired up? Screenshot of any settings and battery voltages would help locate the problem too.
Thanks for the response.. I have attached the complete drawings and screen shots.. Please let me know if you need anything else..

Attachments

• BMS Operation Screens.pdf
    446.7 KB · Views: 41
Why are cell Voltages are only around 2.9V?
What kind of cells are they?

1680326749308.png

Last edited:
Do you mean when you connect the inverter positive and negative terminals of the inverter to the battery terminals that is when the BMS goes into shutoff?
Did you perform pre-charge of the inverter capacitor bank using resistor to limit the inrush current when connecting inverter to the battery?
Please also provide the BMS parameter settings.

Attachments

• BMS Operation Screens.pdf
    446.7 KB · Views: 24
  • BMS Operation Screens with BMS Parameters.pdf
    564.3 KB · Views: 23
Is this a universal BMS? Some BMS are designed to handle multiple numbers of cells, but many are not. Either you have it configured incorrectly, or it won't work with 15S.
This is universal from 8~16 Cells, according to the manufacturer https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005095847302.html - I double checked with the manufacturer and they claimed it does work for 15. However, their support is very poor. I can see that the BMS is trying to connect to the inverter and as soon as that happens.. the Charge / Discharge switches goes OFF. Otherwise the BMS is working.. such as it is waking up from sleep etc., is happening. I presume, it is something to do with configuration and I am new to this so, I am not sure what to do..

This is universal from 8~16 Cells, according to the manufacturer https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005095847302.html - I double checked with the manufacturer and they claimed it does work for 15. However, their support is very poor. I can see that the BMS is trying to connect to the inverter and as soon as that happens.. the Charge / Discharge switches goes OFF. Otherwise the BMS is working.. such as it is waking up from sleep etc., is happening. I presume, it is something to do with configuration and I am new to this so, I am not sure what to do..

Could this be a pre-charge issue?

When you first connect a battery to an inverter, there is a surge of current that trips the BMS short-circuit protection.

With the inverter off, use a resistor, or a #2 pencil sharpened at both ends, between the battery terminal and the battery cable. This limits the current to a manageable level. After several seconds, remove the resistor/pencil and immediately connect/secure the battery terminal to the battery.

I presume, it is something to do with configuration and I am new to this so, I am not sure what to do..
I is almost certainly working as designed and shutting down as it should because cell 16 is under voltage.

Here is a doc for JBD BMS wiring configurations. The pattern i see is that it groups the extra wires on the cell 3rd from the last cell.
So if this is how YOUR BMS works... instead of leaving wire 17 disconnected, put wire 17 on cell 15. Put wire 16 on cell 14. Put wires 15 and 14, together on cell 13. All the rest as you presumably have them now.

Of course this is for a BMS that is different than yours so you are on your own for consequences.

Back