diy solar

diy solar

Bought 16 EVE LF280 Batteries

I’ve got 32 cells coming to the uk. I didn’t get photos of my order but now I’m hoping they all turn up undamaged at at the 280ah capacity I’ve paid for.

I ordered mine nearly six weeks ago DDP by train for delivery supposedly within 20-25 days and ive heard nothing, got a tracking number two days after order which while valid with UPS just states shipment not received in Poland for forwarding and the supplier has gone quiet and not answered any of my questions over delivery. Senbury now will not answer my emails or messages. Might be time for a credit card dispute.

Good job London isn't the whole of the UK then, although I know a lot of the US folk think it is.
I was born in Epsom and lived in and around South London for about 40 years before escaping to California in the 90's :giggle:

Halons razor - "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" it is china after all.
Heh. I like this even if it's pointed at me. Buyer Beware.. Ended up with all my batteries after ~ 2 mo.

I ordered 16 of the EVE 280Ah LiFePO4 batteries on 7/11/20 from Shenzhen Basen Technology, China. Cost was $107/kWh delivered via boat/FedEx. Should arrive in 25-35 days according to seller.

I was told yesterday they've shipped.
ask for a tracking number

the site alibaba sets kinda tuff standards for their sellers. they have to send a photo ID and use their government issued ID. if they get too many bad raps alibaba will suspend their account. they will lock their money. so the odds on being cheated is limited by alibaba. to some extent. also the odds of them switching names and using a different company is really hard for them. still beware

I guess I disagree with that.

When someone says here is a picture of your 16 batteries you just paid for and then you only get 12, and see that the picture wasn't even of the received items, and it turns out you have a 60-day wait for your items rather than a 30-day wait, that is not good. As I told him if he would have just been straight with me and said he put my order in and I should get them in 30 days, instead of sending me a picture of 16 batteries in four boxes and telling me that those were my batteries and they were on their way, I would not have become so worried. I now am unsure if I can trust him or his company.

It is also quite clear to me that 16 batteries were never meant to be sent to me. The amount that I was sent (three boxes marked 1, 2, and 3 of 3 on them), was based on some other calculation whereby they decided that some customers would (initially) get only some portion of their orders. How could it be different? I think it is unlikely he was not involved in that decision. If it wasn't his decision to make he should have told me that instead of sending me what I naturally took to be a confirmation that I had four boxes of batteries coming.

What probably is going to happen is that the four batteries I get to finish up my order will come from someone else's paid order.
the chinese are good about placing blame on others. i know from personal experience.

the site alibaba sets kinda tuff standards for their sellers. they have to send a photo ID and use their government issued ID. if they get too many bad raps alibaba will suspend their account. they will lock their money. so the odds on being cheated is limited by alibaba. to some extent. also the odds of them switching names and using a different company is really hard for them. still beware
It's easy to get "employee" who uses their ID and name for new account.

Trade assurance is great, if you don't receive, receive clearly damaged or missing parts

Cells that look good but give 250 Ah when you bought 280Ah...
That is a battle you don't want.
Seller can ask of all crazy tests that will eat up many hours to discourage.
Strangely, trade assurance normally accepts those absurd requests.
And even if you live through them all, you still receive partly or no refunds.

If you do need to get the help of trade assurance, and the proof that would be enough for normal Western standards is not good enough, don't bother.
Just go to your credit card company and ask them to get FULL refund without all the crazy hassle.
Visa normally is quite assertive.
Depending on your own history ;-)

Timing and product different from Western ideas.

I like to compare with your microwave hamburger or hotdogs or lasagne.
They never look even close to the pictures, but if it isn't too bad, you buy again for price and convenience.

Quality is normally not that bad, especially for our purposes, solar, where 0.2C is already high.
If you would use the same cell for your EV....
You are in trouble.

It's easy to get "employee" who uses their ID and name for new account.

Trade assurance is great, if you don't receive, receive clearly damaged or missing parts

Cells that look good but give 250 Ah when you bought 280Ah...
That is a battle you don't want.
Seller can ask of all crazy tests that will eat up many hours to discourage.
Strangely, trade assurance normally accepts those absurd requests.
And even if you live through them all, you still receive partly or no refunds.

If you do need to get the help of trade assurance, and the proof that would be enough for normal Western standards is not good enough, don't bother.
Just go to your credit card company and ask them to get FULL refund without all the crazy hassle.
Visa normally is quite assertive.
Depending on your own history ;-)

Timing and product different from Western ideas.

I like to compare with your microwave hamburger or hotdogs or lasagne.
They never look even close to the pictures, but if it isn't too bad, you buy again for price and convenience.

Quality is normally not that bad, especially for our purposes, solar, where 0.2C is already high.
If you would use the same cell for your EV....
You are in trouble.
there is also another factor the chinese must adhere to that in the west we don't have. they have social credit scores. if it applies to web sales i don't know. but if someone does antisocial things like getting speeding tickets and many other things even jaywalking they will get penalized. some lose the rights to buy airline tickets or high speed rail tickets. they can lose rights to travel abroad to get VISAs needed to leave the country. so i would think they will be careful but maybe not all so honest. there is nothing sure but death and taxes. with that said add in Caveat emptor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System

I'm quite positive that Alibaba won't report all "bad" sellers to the government.
It ain't USA!
Big brother is watching, social control is indeed. more important.

Then again...
Finance also.
If you got a new job (and it's not easy to find a job in China) and your boss asks you to use your credentials to open account...
You will do it.
Or lose your job and be "known" as difficult.

That is a simple fact.

Probably the same in the USA, easy enough to get the new employee to open new account. (Or lose their new job)

With that in mind..
Who does anyone want to blaim for what happened to that account???
Many shops on AliExpress have 10 or 15 different shop names.
Aka accounts.
Same product, same price same picture same description and errors.

Just the way it works.

Once a shop does get a good reputation.. that is worth money.
Either via increased sales, or when they decline.. time to cash the good name, send crap products.

They don't feel guilty about it as it's not "wrong". Just normal business.
For their culture.

Many difference between "western".
Many.
The lack or respect for elderly and officials in the West is something you won't see there.

In that sense "they" are more evolved then "the west" who like to forget their parents and puts then in elderly homes...
"Time to go grandma, we need the money of your house..".

For things like that.. I feel ashamed to be "western".
Always did.
For me it's natural to show respect and take care of elderly...
I know I'm a wierdo.

Back