diy solar

diy solar

Brand new 280ah EVE cells shut off at 43% ah remaining, why?

Yes, at least use max amps while using your generator for bulk.
I would also try to up the bulk voltage a little to perhaps 3.5Vpc (or lower if your cells diverge at 28V total). I think your Samlex EVO 1224 charges up to 40A so I'd try most or all of this for bulk.

When your bulk is over, for a full charge that should be about 80% (224Ah) charged (224Ah)/40A = 5.6h

Yes. That is setting up your bulk as above and your absorb:

Set absorb at 3.45Vpc for an hour, you'd probably be at least 90% full.

Summary:
Start with bulk 35A-40A at 3.5Vpc and absorb at 3.45Vpc for 1 hr absorb time. Let us know how it goes and what you've learned.
Will do......
I will post back how it goes. Most likely wont need to run generator for 7-8 days now. I tiny bit of sun every other day or so extends my run-time.

Waiting for the day when we get bucky-ball nano-tube exotic carbon element 115 (ununpentium-289) batteries that charge in 30 seconds to 1 gigawatt. Wait, I'm still waiting for flying cars from my youth which was 55 years ago so..........never mind!

If only peltier chips were 50% efficient. I have 15 cords of seasoned wood I could burn. Run a copper heat pipe out the wall to radiator fins and 15f degrees with the stove at 550f on the other end. I could compete with a nuke power plant.

Attachments

• 15cords.jpg
    15cords.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi, a day late and a dollar short here in Twin Bridges, MT. Have almost exactly same battery off grid setup, w similar problems. Working w 90-10 charging to 26.6v, at sunset and certainly by morning pack rapidly sinks to 26.2, 30ish% wo justifiable amp draw. Have not seen mentioned but suspect power consumed in balancing done by jbd bms. Power used internally does not show on ah meter. Might this have merit?

Hi, a day late and a dollar short here in Twin Bridges, MT. Have almost exactly same battery off grid setup, w similar problems. Working w 90-10 charging to 26.6v, at sunset and certainly by morning pack rapidly sinks to 26.2, 30ish% wo justifiable amp draw. Have not seen mentioned but suspect power consumed in balancing done by jbd bms. Power used internally does not show on ah meter. Might this have merit?
It doesn't seem likely that balance current is causing significant draw. The JBD BMS has fairly low balance current ... and ...... unless you have your balance setting set too low it shouldn't be balancing at those charge levels.

Back