diy solar

diy solar

Can Solar & Wind Fix Everything (e.g., Climate Change) with a battery break-through?

D71 was born with a birth defect. It is a medical condition called micro penis.
Although the condition isn't life threatening, the victims often wish they were dead.
The only treatment for it is to provide his girl friend a magnifying glass.
In later life most men with the condition join cults. In his case it's the cult of trump.
In later life virtual all victims become moronic homicidal maniacs.
IMG_5766.png
I think you are infected. 🤡

Wear your mask
IMG_5816.jpeg

Are EVs going to increase insurance rates for everyone?
I suspect a lot of the FUD like that around EVs is just nonsense.
A lot of people make money from repairing cars, because EVs
are more reliable they stand to lose a lot.

EV insurance rates higher than average is cherry-picking
numbers because insurance rates are higher for luxury
automobiles and most EVs are luxury models.

For example, the Sentra and Leaf are roughly the same,
from Geico a Sentra is $1738/y and the leaf is $1662/y.

The other factor is parts & tech availability. Chinese EVs
in the EU have high insurance rates because of this.

Why dealerships don't like EVs​

Why do some folks always turn to personal attacks of others when they feel "triggered" by opinions they don't agree with or feel "threatened" by?
Some people like drama and reading conspiracy theories from junk sites. If you don't want to see either, /ignore them.

U.S. Grid Energy Storage Factsheet...Less than 3 % of the average daily electrical
energy is presently stored.
Great link! Thanks!

DOE has a list of Energy storage projects here, you can find
out what's going on in your neighborhood.
Figure_1_Energy%20Storage%20Projects%20by%20State%202023.png.webp

Cause it would cost trillions in current batteries to do it.
That used to be true, but from Lazard's the LCOE unsubsidized cost of renewals with energy storage is now on par with the cheapest of fossil fuels, natural gas.
1706124297087-png.191091

Energy is already stored for us. It's called an Atom.
Nuclear power is good. But I only recently found out there's
not enough fuel to sustainably switch. We'd need to commercialize
tech like Thorium, breeder reactors, or fusion for it to work
(and people are working at it).

I'll have to watch the whole thing later (and download it).
Skip to 55:10 and start watching...
Edit - found this is in the comments.
Screenshot_20240330-065902.jpg

Last edited:

Copernicus

I'll have to watch the whole thing later (and download it).
Hah! I just posted about that video a few days ago! See the prior post for debunking.

Heat Waves Are Moving Slower and Staying Longer

EPA sets new emissions standards for heavy-duty vehicles

Opinion: Soon to end up in court no doubt. (Oops... already in the works State leaders ask court to block new EPA air quality rule)

Supreme Court likely to block EPA ozone regulation

Fifth Circuit Vacates EPA's Orders Regulating PFAS

Opinion: Not climate change, but ran across this...Glad my local water municipality fixed their wells while the ruling was active; my water filters last twice as long now. I wonder if PFAS is responsible for how Floridians vote? ; -)

Florida passes Climate Denial bill

Opinion: The Florida legislature passed a bill that is just hilarious. Hopefully, DeSantis will veto it rather than waste state money on something so stupid. Honestly, it's this sort of crap that makes me want to vote for Democrats. Newspapers are up in arms, my favorite headline is Florida is a Climate-Denying Hellscape

First Subtropical Storm of the season?

Last edited:

What is the Truth on EV Tires?​

Recently picked up some new tires for the EV, and man were they expensive. What you hear as the justification for this is the vehicle weight. But is that true? Consider these comparisons from an AI:

EV ModelICE ModelEV Weight (kg)ICE Weight (kg)
Tesla Model 3BMW 3 Series1,6451,545
Nissan LeafNissan Sentra1,5381,340
Chevy Bolt EVChevy Sonic1,6251,250

Not that much different. So why the heck were the tires so expensive? If a tire is rated for the weight, then it's safe...right? Also, why do EV tires wear faster and are they putting more fine particulates into the air?

EVs Clean little Secret
The reason I've come to believe from reading is the "specialty of EV Tires" has little to do with weight. It has to do with EVs being so quiet consumers notice two things they'd never notice in an ICE: road noise and wind noise.

EV tires seem to be expensive because they are quiet. Supposedly they wear faster because of that too. EV tires also have a third important category, you want a low-rolling resistance to increase range.

So, if you don't care about range just jack up the stereo and buy regular tires ; -)

Wear=Particulates?
Seems to me if the EV tires wear faster than they must be putting more tire microparticles into the environment than ICE vehicles? Or is the fact that EV tires wear faster another myth?

Faster depends on what you compare them with. For example, a Bridgestone Potenzea RE92 has a 5.4 wear rating compared to a Cooper Cobra Radial with 9.1. Both are "ICE" tires, but one wears a lot faster. The treadwear rating on the tires I got? 9.1 with 70k mileage rating. So, I'm doubting that they ALL wear faster... I think it depends on what you buy.

That's my 2¢, what are your thoughts?

Hah! I just posted about that video a few days ago! See the prior post for debunking.
Didn't even notice, the thread is hard to keep track of.

Climate is changing, has been changing and always will change.
Humans won't stop it and some are utilizing the cycles to make lots and lots of money and try to control lots and lots of people.
Live your life and do what makes you happy.
Pay attention to our 🌟

Didn't even notice, the thread is hard to keep track of.

Humans won't stop it and some are utilizing the cycles to make lots and lots of money and try to control lots and lots of people.
Pay attention to our 🌟
The problem is they don’t want to just live their life ie live and let live ….they want to be crazy, intrusive, and control other ppl. Ppl are tired of their shit.

Florida​

I know... a mosquito-filled paradise that might be underwater in a few centuries. What do we lose if we lose all that swamp land? More importantly, if we lose that swampland, where will the alligators go?

Florida is #4 out of 50 states in revenue, our revenue is compatible with Mexico. That's a lot of money! We also supply most of the phosphates the nation needs for farming. Lose Florida, lose that too.
1711802683279.png

It's a place a lot of businesses and people are relocating to... that's about 2,000 people per day! 9,200 miles of hiking, bicycling, equestrian and shared-use trails and over 4,000 miles of paddling trails. 175 state parks, 38 state forests, 12 national parks, preserves, seashores or monuments, three national forests, and one national scenic trail and did I mention low sales taxes and no income taxes? For some reason the state never fills up... oh yeah, right.
1711802629237.png

Sure, there are challenges...but we also have more golf courses than any other state (ask Trump!)
1711802749044.png
Florida Driving tests no longer require Parallel Parking, well yeah... even paradise has some problems...

Parallel.jpg

Yep, but the rate of change currently is unprecedented.
It's us, carbon isotopes prove it's humans burning fuels as opposed to the volcanoes or other sources.

Humans won't stop it
Humans don't have to change lifestyles or suffer to fix this. We just need to change how we do some things. And we are. Which is good, as not doing anything is getting expensive. For those things we can't change (or like meat don't want to change) we can do carbon offsets, I did a post months ago looking at what the additional cost for beef would be... turned out to be something like a dime per pound at current rates (and it should go down). The problem is, the longer we delay the more expensive it becomes and the more of an economic burden it becomes.

...some are utilizing the cycles to make lots and lots of money and try to control lots and lots of people.
Same old same old. Except the ones making money and controlling you today don't want to lose the money or power, so they resist change.

(y) Amen brother!

Pay attention to our 🌟
We know it isn't the sun. You can read more about it here.

Last edited:
"Some people like drama and reading conspiracy theories from junk sites. If you don't want to see either, /ignore them."
Ah, conspiracies like man made climate change will destroy the earth. Manhattan will be under water by 2030. The ice sheet will be gone by 2020, all the polar bears will die.
You need to stop farming and eating meat to save the planet. Blocking traffic will change peoples minds. Greta Thunberg is an expert.

Conspiracies like that?

Reactions: D71

Florida​

I know... a mosquito-filled paradise that might be underwater in a few centuries. What do we lose if we lose all that swamp land? More importantly, if we lose that swampland, where will the alligators go?

Florida is #4 out of 50 states in revenue, our revenue is compatible with Mexico. That's a lot of money! We also supply most of the phosphates the nation needs for farming. Lose Florida, lose that too.

It's a place a lot of businesses and people are relocating to... that's about 2,000 people per day! 9,200 miles of hiking, bicycling, equestrian and shared-use trails and over 4,000 miles of paddling trails. 175 state parks, 38 state forests, 12 national parks, preserves, seashores or monuments, three national forests, and one national scenic trail and did I mention low sales taxes and no income taxes? For some reason the state never fills up... oh yeah, right.

Sure, there are challenges...but we also have more golf courses than any other state (ask Trump!)
Florida Driving tests no longer require Parallel Parking, well yeah... even paradise has some problems...

Parallel.jpg

It's us, carbon isotopes prove it's humans burning fuels as opposed to the volcanoes or other sources.

Humans don't have to change lifestyles or suffer to fix this. We just need to change how we do some things. And we are. Which is good, as not doing anything is getting expensive. For those things we can't change (or like meat don't want to change) we can do carbon offsets, I did a post months ago looking at what the additional cost for beef would be... turned out to be something like a dime per pound at current rates (and it should go down). The problem is, the longer we delay the more expensive it becomes and the more of an economic burden it becomes.

Same old same old. Except the ones making money and controlling you today don't want to lose the money or power, so they resist change.

(y) Amen brother!

You should start a youtube channel.

Reactions: D71

Florida​

Parallel.jpg

(y) Amen brother!

Lets Prioritize. Which do you think happens first?

Meteor strike
Nuclear war
Solar Flare
Global communism
Currency collapse
Terror attacks
Crime waves
Anarchy in the streets
Civil war
Food shortages
Global Pandemic

Or
The weather destroys all life on earth?

Lets Prioritize. Which do you think happens first?

Meteor strike
Nuclear war
Solar Flare
Global communism
Currency collapse
Terror attacks
Crime waves
Anarchy in the streets
Civil war
Food shortages
Global Pandemic

Or
The weather destroys all life on earth?
That is it in a nut shell….. have you noticed the closer to election the more the crazy stuff? Measles - global climax change. Anything other then letting unvaxxed sick ppl rush through the border illegally is blamed. I am amazed they didn’t blame Francis Scott Key Bridge being KNOCKED DOWN BY HUGE SHIP. They have been using words like “collapse” vs “being knocked down.” They deny Biden intends use tax payer monies to rebuild. Even after he made public announcement saying “he would get Congress to pay”. Deny Biden meant what he said.

They love to play with words. Nutz …. Ever notice the word “Denier” and how it was weaponized?
They - Climax Worshippers are the Cult.

Climax Change was political focus same as everything else.

Just think we had horses before cars. Most biologic green on planet and we replaced them. I say these green ppl need convert to Amish. Horse buggy and all. 19th century living. 🤡😀🤣

IMG_5783.jpeg

I suspect a lot of the FUD like that around EVs is just nonsense.
A lot of people make money from repairing cars, because EVs
are more reliable they stand to lose a lot.

EV insurance rates higher than average is cherry-picking
numbers because insurance rates are higher for luxury
automobiles and most EVs are luxury models.

For example, the Sentra and Leaf are roughly the same,
from Geico a Sentra is $1738/y and the leaf is $1662/y.

The other factor is parts & tech availability. Chinese EVs
in the EU have high insurance rates because of this.

Why dealerships don't like EVs​

Lots of people complaining about the price of insurance on their Tesla .... and, as I said, the cost of insurance will be higher for ICE AND EV because of liability.
The battery pack is probably the main driver of the cost to repair an EV .... You probably missed the story of a brand new Korean EV that was a total loss because the driver ran over something in the road .... there was only a scuff on the plastic battery cover, but the dealer determined it had to be replaced and the replacement cost more than the price of the vehicle.

It's kinda like the cost of air bag replacement. That will often cause an otherwise simple repair to result in the vehicle being totaled.

Last edited:
Or...The weather destroys all life on earth?
Don't listen to idiots that tell you that. It's not going to happen. Sure, global warming is predicted to cause wars, deaths, migration, starvation, yada yada... but it won't end all life even if we do nothing. Humans will survive. Don't worry about that, go watch a Mad Max movie and relax. ; -)

Lots of people
So, anecdotal evidence as an argument without facts or references?

complaining about the price of insurance on their Tesla ....
I suspect that means people who buy teslas are more likely to complain. or, it's another made-up statistic to bamboozle people.
Teslas insurance prices are higher, but it's because they're luxury cars. Compare the costs to similar luxury cars as I did in the prior post and you'll see they're roughly the same as long the manufacturer can supply parts.

... You probably missed the story of a brand new Korean EV that was a total loss because the driver ran over something in the road
Note also the main part "from Korea". An ICE vehicle would have had the same issue as the root cause (mentioned in a prior post) was parts and tech availability.

...This “counterintuitive” dynamic was caused by atmospheric circulation patterns, which led to “warmer, moist air blowing toward the north pole

Back