diy solar

diy solar

Can't find a 100 amp 60 vdc circuit breaker

Ronaldrwl

MY Growatt's call for a 100 amp 60 vdc circuit breaker. But I can only find 100 amp 12-48 vdc. Are these ok?

That depends on the maximum battery voltage you will see, Most solar distros have 100 amp breakers rated for well over 48v. Not sure the policy on linking to products but here is an example:

The battery specs are
EG4 Lithium battery 51.2V (48V) 5.12kWh with 100AH internal BMS.
I should have said the circuit breaker goes between the batteries and the growatt-inverter

So that is already above 48v at rest and when charging will be in the higher 50 volt range, You definately want a higher voltage breaker like the one linked above

Why not just use the breaker on the EG4? Size the wire to the 125A the breaker is rated for.

MY Growatt's call for a 100 amp 60 vdc circuit breaker. But I can only find 100 amp 12-48 vdc. Are these ok?
Do not go lower in voltage go up if anything I know from experience of a CB that went on fire

would using a thermal fuse be applicable in your scenario? then at least you do not have to worry about voltages and can focus only on amps if I understood correctly,

You need to look at interrupt capacity for a shorted LiFePo battery. You would be better served with a fuse and heavy duty switch.

Back