diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

Ok here is a list of the emails I have received at the catl_debacle@outlook.com
A couple were to let me know that their cells were, at least marginally, acceptable even though not as represented.
A couple were to let me know they received cells from other suppliers that arrived in good shape and that they are very happy with them....those came before I asked for this catl email address to be used only for this problem.

tiger666
Ludditeal
Montueverde
MIGHTYMACH
Umatillab24
MIKEHI
jkd
p40whk
tbuechner
acacia987
Glen26
gilatm
MrMr1
wargames
peterbylt
xTratrestial
B_Cummings
eugenesan
Frosty1

I looked for you specifically and noticed that too!
My cells are due Tuesday.

I also noticed that I do not see any dispute on there from you. Not sure when you payed on PayPal off the top of my head, but there is a limit to the amount of time you have to file a dispute.....
Yeah, I filed it because I didn't want to wait until after the 180 day period for paypal protection expired.
Filed August 30, Case ID: PP-D-124693920
for Transaction ID 69D56854K7319590D

Updated list of CATL emails received:

tiger666
Ludditeal
Montueverde
MIGHTYMACH
Umatillab24
MIKEHI
jkd
p40whk
tbuechner
acacia987
Glen26
gilatm
MrMr1
wargames
peterbylt
xTratrestial
B_Cummings
eugenesan
Frosty1

Additions:

Brewman (sorry I missed you on the first list after already telling you I had received your email)
AER
podilamaya
Kevox

David S ---- Sending pictures on Tuesday​

scmbmw----- Has not received cells yet but will notify when they arrive

There is one other I have received pictures from but I don't think he come on here at all.
If you have sent an email and do not see your name let me know please.

tiger666
Ludditeal
Montueverde
MIGHTYMACH
Umatillab24
MIKEHI
jkd
p40whk
tbuechner
acacia987
Glen26
gilatm
MrMr1
wargames
peterbylt
xTratrestial
B_Cummings
eugenesan
Frosty1
Brewman (sorry I missed you on the first list after already telling you I had received your email)
AER
podilamaya
Kevox

Additions:
bullygoat
Fordguy64

There is one other I have received pictures from but I don't think he come on here at all.

Also, I have had one person that ordered CATL cells from this provider file a CC dispute. Please do not do that until I have a chance to work this out with the supplier.

Many of these Chinese companies will keep stringing ppl along until they know they are outside the Credit Card dispute window and then just disappear.

Under the Fair Credit Billing Act you normally have 60 days from the date a charge appears on your credit card statement to dispute it. (Not the date of the statement BUT the date you made the charge).

But once the 60 days is over, the CCC is not under any legal obligation to assist you at all.

The good news is that with the batteries coming from China it is highly likely you’re going to be outside the 60 day protection of the Fair Credit Billing Act, HOWEVER – MOST credit card issuers will extend the 60-day dispute period for an extra 30 days when a shipment is delayed – especially from China.

NOW with all of that said - I let the SELLER do everything they can to make it right before I file a dispute BUT I do keep an eye on the calendar and if it doesn't look like the company you bought the batteries from is going to make it right - then make sure you file before the dispute time period runs out.

Many of these Chinese companies will keep stringing ppl along until they know they are outside the Credit Card dispute window and then just disappear.

Under the Fair Credit Billing Act you normally have 60 days from the date a charge appears on your credit card statement to dispute it. (Not the date of the statement BUT the date you made the charge).

But once the 60 days is over, the CCC is not under any legal obligation to assist you at all.

The good news is that with the batteries coming from China it is highly likely you’re going to be outside the 60 day protection of the Fair Credit Billing Act, HOWEVER – MOST credit card issuers will extend the 60-day dispute period for an extra 30 days when a shipment is delayed – especially from China.

NOW with all of that said - I let the SELLER do everything they can to make it right before I file a dispute BUT I do keep an eye on the calendar and if it doesn't look like the company you bought the batteries from is going to make it right - then make sure you file before the dispute time period runs out.
Many CC companies have additional coverages beyond the 60 days. I have filed CC claims at least 6 months old without a problem. Another factor steps in, and that is extended warrantees. I know my Amex card would double factory warranties. I still remember the ad when a kid stuffs a PB&J sandwich into the VHS player and hearing the father say, "I am glad I used my XXX card".

tiger666
Ludditeal
Montueverde
MIGHTYMACH
Umatillab24
MIKEHI
jkd
p40whk
tbuechner
acacia987
Glen26
gilatm
MrMr1
wargames
peterbylt
xTratrestial
B_Cummings
eugenesan
Frosty1
AER
podilamaya
Kevox

Additions:
bullygoat
Fordguy64

Michael, I sent 4 emails with pictures: Boxes, labels, voltages and damage. There should be be 51 photos in total.

David

I thought all remaining in route shipments were recalled by the supplier?

I thought all remaining in route shipments were recalled by the supplier?
Mine still shows In Route for delivery on friday. I haven't had any contact with Michael though I did send my info and tracking number to his "debacle" email.

Mine still shows In Route for delivery on friday. I haven't had any contact with Michael though I did send my info and tracking number to his "debacle" email.
Please keep us updated when you receive your cells. I would find it odd if all the cells coming from this supplier were not recalled.

Back