diy solar

diy solar

Cell prices coming down

This sounds to good to be true.
Where are you planning to order from?
April at WHbattery on Alibaba she said "This new type EVE 280Ah, tested capacity is 300Ah and more" and also "CATL 280Ah we can do same price"

Ask them for actual cell images, the new type cell have octagon contacts
I texted her but it may be a while now for her to respond. I asked for current images but she did say before that these were the new cells. I'll let you know soon.

Cheapest Real Grade A 280 I have seen is $115 from any where in the world, that is before shipping costs, duties. Basically this is a $140-$155 dollar cell by the time you get it.

I would be very cautious if its priced lower, you don't want to end up with this:

Attachments

• new-B.jpg
    new-B.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 56
She says this is LF280K which suppose to have up to 6,000 cycles.
Again, ask for a very clear image, that includes the qr code
From the go to gobelpower.com and enter the numbers and you should know.
The octagon cell have only been around for about 4 months, so any production before that, and they are faked

Also what good are cheap cells if you have to then worry about fabbing your own terminals?

thanks for your advice. she says she also has B cells available, I asked her for the price. she said she would send close up image of top of cell

the price she quoted included the double terminals lasered on like the ones in the truck pic

She says this is latest version.
View attachment 162199

Useless tell her you want a close up of the qr code. Also ask for a test report, a test report will look like this:

whatever you do pay with credit card. I'm quite certain these are B or re-lasered / sanded off, to see an example of what I'm saying see this:

The golden rule of you get what you pay for applies to this cells. For the most part the market has been stabilized and your looking for around 150-160/cell on average delivered to you in the USA.

April at WHbattery on Alibaba she said "This new type EVE 280Ah, tested capacity is 300Ah and more" and also "CATL 280Ah we can do same price"
Very interesting...
I was quoted $95 for grade B 280s from trusted Amy just a few days ago.
I'm torn between those or grade A 230s for a bit more.

Useless tell her you want a close up of the qr code. Also ask for a test report, a test report will look like this:

whatever you do pay with credit card. I'm quite certain these are B or re-lasered / sanded off, to see an example of what I'm saying see this:

The golden rule of you get what you pay for applies to this cells. For the most part the market has been stabilized and your looking for around 150-160/cell on average delivered to you in the USA.
She said she can get me B cells for $80 each

Very interesting...
I was quoted $95 for grade B 280s from trusted Amy just a few days ago.
I'm torn between those or grade A 230s for a bit more.
Those are not tested and batched. I know from my experience. The extra cost for tested and batched by internal resistance is worth it.

Someday I'll probably pull those battery cells out and use them in the golf cart.

She said she can get me B cells for $80 each

that makes no sense, grade A for $88 but B for $80? More like grade B for $80 and grade B which I re-lasered the qr code for $88.

Sorry but I have been doing this long enough to know when someone is about to get bamboozled and I hope you take this warning to heart. In the end everyone can do what they like but this sounds like a bunch of baloney, grade A is generally between 1.5-2x the price of grade B.

diy solar

diy solar
Back