diy solar

diy solar

Chargery BMS now with Low Temp Cutoff

Here is the answer I got from Chargery when I asked that question.
"For 4S LiFe battery, when the total voltage is over 10V (2.5V / CELL), the BMS can be powered and work normally, but the Beeper sound will be less. LCD back light will be dark than at 12V.
So the 3.0V per cell UVP setting is suggested. so total battery voltage will be 12V at least."

I plan to use a small dc to dc converter to up the battery voltage and use it for external power so I am safely within the operating paramaters of the BMS.
I hope others can answer but if you up the power from your bank and use it to power the Chargery. Strange things may happen regarding ground loops. I do my know this for a fact. But it's the first thing that popped into my head when I read this.

All communications from Chargery seems to have died. Not getting any response from Jason in spite of many requests. Last comms was that the BMS8T was now available with Bluetooth for USD$80 - then silence. Anyone else has a response from Jason in the past 2 days?

Reactions: Dzl
All communications from Chargery seems to have died. Not getting any response from Jason in spite of many requests. Last comms was that the BMS8T was now available with Bluetooth for USD$80 - then silence. Anyone else has a response from Jason in the past 2 days?
80-90% of china's economy now shut down, so no surprise there is no response.
@1:20

Also reports of 400 million on lockdown, with only one member of each family allowed out every two days for necessities.

Last edited:
That’s awesome it’s getting low temp cut off! Do you know if they offer an expansion module that has additional relays?

Super excited to hear BT is being added!

Hi
So it seems like China is shutting down now. This is going to be hard on the global economy. Hope every one stays safe..

"hi Richard,

we don't come back to work now, so don't evaluate the bluetooth project developing time.

if you need a BMS8T as a test, the total price of BMS8T-100 is 80usd,"

Hope China is getting better, and waiting for thing is back normal before buying this

Sorry i'm going to ask a probably dumb question. I have purchased 8 - 3.2v 280ah lifepo4 cells as 2 seperate banks recommended from this forum from China. I'm trying to understand the setup for using a Chargery bms8t 300a BMS. Can my lifepo4 battery power the bms as internal and do i have to use relays to disconnect and connect the loads. The wiring diagram for the bms8t does not really show much. My back ground is Heavy duty mechanic. i read 12 dc wiring diagrams all the time. i understand lifepo4 batteries and bms but there description for installing and wiring is not very good. thanks for any help.

Sorry i'm going to ask a probably dumb question. I have purchased 8 - 3.2v 280ah lifepo4 cells as 2 seperate banks recommended from this forum from China. I'm trying to understand the setup for using a Chargery bms8t 300a BMS. Can my lifepo4 battery power the bms as internal and do i have to use relays to disconnect and connect the loads. The wiring diagram for the bms8t does not really show much. My back ground is Heavy duty mechanic. i read 12 dc wiring diagrams all the time. i understand lifepo4 batteries and bms but there description for installing and wiring is not very good. thanks for any help.
Hi Craigmck
Not an expert but have bought my first Chargery and will be wiring it up soon.
Yes you can use the internal battery but I believe display etc gets faint when the battery gets low. There is a switch on the back for Internal/External battery.
I believe the relays are for switching when powering high inductive loads - they are not needed during normal operation.
There are a number of videos on YouTube that will help with your understanding of the operation. Also have you looked on the Chargery website.?

In a 4s configuration if you use the internal power from the battery itself you should be fine.
Only the relay's can disconnect if Low / High Volt, Low/High Temp etc. it will run without them I believe but you'd be defeating that functionality.

Hi Craigmck
Yes you can use the internal battery but I believe display etc gets faint when the battery gets low. There is a switch on the back for Internal/External battery.
I believe the relays are for switching when powering high inductive loads - they are not needed during normal operation.
There are a number of videos on YouTube that will help with your understanding of the operation. Also have you looked on the Chargery website.?
Ah you need to understand the system better. The relays deal with the charge/discharge of the bank. The BMS controls the relays. Also if you run at least 4S the bank can supply the BMS with power.

Hi Craigmck
No i have not bought my Chargery bms8t 300a yet. waiting for Jason to get back to me. One battery pack is for my 12v fridge in my jeep and the other pack with go into our motorhome. i'm won't be running any big loads. max would be 150 amps every once in a while. Will be charging both packs from solar. Motorhome has 800 watts of solar and the jeep has 100 watts with a renogy dc to dc 40 amp charger.
yes i have looked at the Chargery website but info is vague. i'm use to a proper wiring diagram, where you can see wiring connections are with proper schematics.
thanks

In a 4s configuration if you use the internal power from the battery itself you should be fine.
Only the relay's can disconnect if Low / High Volt, Low/High Temp etc. it will run without them I believe but you'd be defeating that functionality.
thanks

yes i have looked at the Chargery website but info is vague. i'm use to a proper wiring diagram, where you can see wiring connections are with proper schematics.
thanks
Hi
The manual has a little more / slightly better info / drawings but this is as good as it generally gets.
Regards

Ah you need to understand the system better. The relays deal with the charge/discharge of the bank. The BMS controls the relays. Also if you run at least 4S the bank can supply the BMS with power.
are you running charge / discharge relays on your setup. if you don't use the relays does the bms still able to control all the safety features. disconnect when battery is full or over charge? sorry new to this lithium stuff. totally understand the lifepo4 batteries but the bms gets confusing. When i see Will connect a DALY bms it's very simple. a couple of wires and a balance leads. this Chargery bms8t is very different in the setup description is very vague. thanks

are you running charge / discharge relays on your setup. if you don't use the relays does the bms still able to control all the safety features. disconnect when battery is full or over charge? sorry new to this lithium stuff. totally understand the lifepo4 batteries but the bms gets confusing. When i see Will connect a DALY bms it's very simple. a couple of wires and a balance leads. this Chargery bms8t is very different in the setup description is very vague. thanks
Yes I'm running charge/discharge relays with the BMS8T. Ya "chinglesh" sucks. It's not that bad. The Chargery is very adjustable. I no longer trust the Daly BMS. Mosfets require heat sinks to work properly. I have seen poor connections with the Daly BMS.

Back