diy solar

diy solar

Chargeverter efficiency is around 75%

Sorry, weather was bad and now I am at work for a 48 hour shift and then headed to the snow to play. I dind't get a chance to test the MAgnum but I will.

Quite possible I made some error in measuring. Here is how I did it. Clamp on meter at the generator. Fluke to measure voltage at the generator. Wire is way overgauge, no real voltage drop there, did verify input voltage to the chargeverter. Did not actually verify the Chargeverter output amps so I suppose it is possible that that it was incorrect. It would have to be putting quite a bit more than reported into the batteries to explain things. I will verify chargeverter output current on Sunday when I get home from the snow.

Also possible that the clamp meter isn't that accurate. However, it has always been OK and the fact that a 25 amp breaker was popping on a 28 amp load after a short time is right. Any other measurement issues to check?

I power my Chargeverter with a Champion 100297 (open frame) and I get ~90% efficiency at 100a of charging.
Someone mentioned generator voltage - notice the Iotawatt pic below is reporting G2Vref at 123.4v on the reference leg from the Generator - so 246v or at least 240v.

1708468958300.png
1708468892025.png

Last edited:
Back