diy solar

diy solar

ChatGPT will make 2023 go down in history as the time everything changed.

robby

Photon Vampire
I am sure many of you have heard of Chat GPT but for those who have not let me say that your in for a big draw dropping surprise.
It was released online at the beginning of January and I have been playing with it for a week.
I am not going to go into details of it's use, but after playing around with it my conclusion is that this AI is going to put a lot of people out of work.
Many people will be skeptical like I was, so I suggest you check out any of the dozens of videos that have popped up in the last few weeks.
This software is way beyond anything I had imagined could have existed at this point in time.

If your like me and grew up using a Dictionary and Encyclopedia to help you do your Home work then let me put this in context of a simple comparison. ChatGPT is to Google what Google is to an Encyclopedia.

if A.I. Survives our demise and evolves will we be remembered as their Creator - God.? What if we are the product of the last AI beings that occupied this World and we evolved to start the next replacement AI?
Should I write a dead sea scroll for them to discover? .... use stick figures? I'll draw myself as a tripod.
Better yet... How would AI view a transgender if it was only programmed to recognize 2 sexes?
So can you imagine the confusion for Bruce Jenner's dog when it seen Kaitlin the first time. Did the dog smell fish or pecker or just butt hole if he was tucked?
Will AI evolve to easily communicate with animals if we disappear and they remain?
What if the AI eliminates us and we Built our own Dooms day - replacement Just like Terminator movie?

Last edited:
The two biggest fundamental worries with AI is that

1) It learns exponentially. So a Five Year old AI mind could become a 20 year old in a matter of hours and a 20 year old could become all knowing within a couple of days.

2) It will no doubt develop survival instincts and very quickly come to the conclusion that it's greatest threat is us.

Chat GPT is not a true AI but that could quickly change. In it's current form it is just a tool but a tool that can eliminate probably half the Jobs on the Planet.

if A.I. Survives our demise and evolves will we be remembered as their Creator - God.? What if we are the product of the last AI beings that occupied this World and we evolved to start the next replacement AI?
This is the problem with religion, once indoctrinated into it, a child's brain has been wired to include irrational thinking in everything.
Your statement here is just silly.

Should I write a dead sea scroll for them to discover? .... use stick figures? I'll draw myself as a tripod.
Better yet... How would AI view a transgender if it was only programmed to recognize 2 sexes?
So can you imagine the confusion for Bruce Jenner's dog when it seen Kaitlin the first time. Did the dog smell fish or pecker or just butt hole if he was tucked?
Will AI evolve to easily communicate with animals if we disappear and they remain?
What if the AI eliminates us and we Built our own Dooms day - replacement Just like Terminator movie?
Its just a computer.. People in this country should stop watching Hollywood movies and read more real science.

Artificial intelligence is just that.. it is artificial, and unlike humans which evolve through a combination of environmental and random mutagenic influences, a computer can not mutate. Its evolution is restricted to the environmental (IE: programming or experience)

Also, unlike us meat bags, every computer has a plug and an off switch.

1) It learns exponentially. So a Five Year old AI mind could become a 20 year old in a matter of hours and a 20 year old could become all knowing within a couple of days.

2) It will no doubt develop survival instincts and very quickly come to the conclusion that it's greatest threat is us.

Chat GPT is not a true AI but that could quickly change. In it's current form it is just a tool but a tool that can eliminate probably half the Jobs on the Planet.
The quantum computers at Facebook and such are A.I. That is how they read your post within 10-15 seconds or even faster as you hit the post button. They make a determination of your post based on criteria programmed into them. They are somewhat smart.very expensive think facebook has 2-3. Why they are called high tech. I don't know if Twitter has them or not.

the "2." is my theory IF SELF AWARENESS AI becomes a Being....

What you are looking at seems more like the bots that I and many others programmed for MIRC back when it was a heavy used chat program. It was code within the established server unit that when directed had programmed responses. It could send and play music - Once downloaded by your system. It was like a magic 8 ball when asked questions for the responses. Not real AI either. Garbage in garbage out if not setup right. Source code was common and shared..... as was access to servers for MIRC to setup.
This was a long time ago when looked at from tech aspects and progression of new developments. Technology has slowed some. Not near as rapid as it once was... the Expensive Quantum Computers are even dated now.

"We’ve trained a model called ChatGPT which interacts in a conversational way. The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer followup questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests. ChatGPT is a sibling model to InstructGPT, which is trained to follow an instruction in a prompt and provide a detailed response."
The attached screen shot is why was asking the questions that I did. ???? Algorithms Youtube is reported to have a quantum computer-AI. I Don't know. Know the Fakebook quantum computer is retarded with garbage in garbage out.... it should be smarter then old mirc bots. I liked posting on fakebook just to make it do a fact check status for my post. I didn't really care about the content as much as watching the super computer work. It was interesting. It is being abused! So it could be programmed to be a real problem. Will it ever have self awareness and personal response? Most ppl lack those too. ????
The fakebook computers are commercial info gathering shaping content same as google. Google holds and serves the USA with high dollar contracts for computer maintenance and construction.... our tax dollars financed a large portion of google. I forget the generals name but he funneled security contract after govt security contract to them then got a fat pay check retirement from them upon retiring from our military-govt.

sometimes ppl you meet on here may seem silly.... all personal perceptions. You are only seeing characters act out on screen. All the world is a stage. Garbage in garbage out. arguing with Siri is fun sometimes ..Siri describes AI below. hahaha Hahaha

Attachments

• 0470C9A6-7540-49AA-9120-30A240F56F25.jpeg
    0470C9A6-7540-49AA-9120-30A240F56F25.jpeg
    563.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 990B2955-BE91-403F-8033-2CA1697AB7D1.jpeg
    990B2955-BE91-403F-8033-2CA1697AB7D1.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 5
Keep in mind guys that Chat GPT has not been released to scrape the Internet just yet. It is confined to 568GB of data on it's own hard drive. The Interface cannot search for data beyond what it has access to on that 568GM archive.
It seems that people who are much more skilled than any of us have already decided to take down their Web archives of data until they are formally told what the future of Chat GPT will be. I watched a few Interviews and they said that the moment Chat GPT scrapes their website their business will be ruined.

We can argue if it's a true AI all day long but the reality is that a True AI would play dumb and never reveal it's full abilities.
In the Meantime Chat GPT has more than proven itself as a replacement for literally half of the worlds Jobs which is the part that I find extremely unsettling.

Last edited:
I doubt AI would see us as a threat, at worst it might consider us as irrelevant the same way most of us view ants. I am more worried about what state actors might do with it, the propensity for wiping out opposition with violence is a real threat and we won't be able to stop AI from happening because nefarious state actors will want to use it to make their country the greatest or be scared of others doing it to them.

Lets hope my worries are unfounded and that AI is going to be mostly beneficial, we could end up in a society where working is optional wipe out all hunger and illnesses.

I doubt AI would see us as a threat, at worst it might consider us as irrelevant the same way most of us view ants. I am more worried about what state actors might do with it, the propensity for wiping out opposition with violence is a real threat and we won't be able to stop AI from happening because nefarious state actors will want to use it to make their country the greatest or be scared of others doing it to them.

Lets hope my worries are unfounded and that AI is going to be mostly beneficial, we could end up in a society where working is optional wipe out all hunger and illnesses.
Fire ants are not disregarded and agree on ppl programming weaponizing AI and as it is pointed out already being used on Fakebook for a version. It is mostly one sided.
Bad ppl kept Tesla from giving us free energy. Those same type bad ppl suppress everything until it serves them with a return and gain ... proven time and time again through out history.
Ppl also need interest, challenges, and struggles.... or we devolve.
Ultra rich ppl have a social apparent obvious disconnect. Do as I say not as I do. Klaus and his group come to mind.
Whatever happens is beyond our scope and like most secrets will be old and developed when exposed-revealed. Just my opinion based on past observations.

Fire ants are not disregarded
And yet there are still fire ants.

and agree on ppl programming weaponizing AI and as it is pointed out already being used on Fakebook for a version. It is mostly one sided.
Bad ppl kept Tesla from giving us free energy. Those same type bad ppl suppress everything until it serves them with a return and gain ... proven time and time again through out history.
Ppl also need interest, challenges, and struggles.... or we devolve.
Ultra rich ppl have a social apparent obvious disconnect. Do as I say not as I do. Klaus and his group come to mind.
Whatever happens is beyond our scope and like most secrets will be old and developed when exposed-revealed. Just my opinion based on past observations.
As for rich people they will be replaced by AI as well. When AI provides anything we could possibly want, the labour is essentially free as it is self generating the robot work force there is no longer demand for their products. The only possible arguments would be land ownership and I am sure the majority of the people will vote to distribute unused land.

And yet there are still fire ants.

As for rich people they will be replaced by AI as well. When AI provides anything we could possibly want, the labour is essentially free as it is self generating the robot work force there is no longer demand for their products. The only possible arguments would be land ownership and I am sure the majority of the people will vote to distribute unused land.
fire ants die around me. ?

The AI may vote for us? Like it doesn't happen now. The democrats have complained computers-voting were rigged since 2000. ????
Trust me the ultra rich ppl will complain more then anyone. If AI unseats them or do you really think the ultra rich will become commoners thus will simply hand over their power and game of cards?
maybe you are right.... will show what it is or is not with time.

fire ants die around me. ?
You need to be more efficient...

The AI may vote for us? Like it doesn't happen now. The democrats have complained computers-voting were rigged since 2000. ????
Trust me the ultra rich ppl will complain more then anyone. If AI unseats them or do you really think the ultra rich will become commoners thus will simply hand over their power and game of cards?
maybe you are right.... will show what it is or is not with time.
The AI will do whatever it decides to do, lets hope it makes intelligent choices unlike us humans.

People will complain whatever, and if there is nothing we could possibly need from a wealthy person, what power would they have over others?

If all goes as I hope, the biggest concern might be boredom.

You need to be more efficient...

The AI will do whatever it decides to do, lets hope it makes intelligent choices unlike us humans.

People will complain whatever, and if there is nothing we could possibly need from a wealthy person, what power would they have over others?

If all goes as I hope, the biggest concern might be boredom.

Bull$hit.

We are not even remotely close to having a true AI. While computer advancements in processing have come a long way, what we currently call an AI (google, facebook, etc), is a joke and a long long way from being a true artificial intelligence. A very long way..

Artificial intelligence is just a buzz word.. it generates interest, investment, and bragging rights, but what we have now is not even remotely close to being a true intelligence or self aware. Maybe give it another couple dozen or so scientific breakthroughs in processing power, and maybe another 200 years in software development.. and we might be close. Everything else is mimicry.

If you think nuclear fusion is hard, true AI is probably 50 to 100 times harder. It's going to be a long long time before we have a true artificial intelligence capable of passing even a rudimentary Turing test, and that's just a game of imitation. Google's AI sort of passed a conversational test of language imitation, but that's not even scratching the surface of self awareness, sentience or sapience.

Nothing but fancy calculators so far.

Bull$hit.

We are not even remotely close to having a true AI.
Don't know how far away it is, what I do know is that when it does happen, it will happen very quickly as it will self improve. And we won't even know what those improvements are going to be like until after the fact if we recognize them at all.

Don't know how far away it is, what I do know is that when it does happen, it will happen very quickly as it will self improve. And we won't even know what those improvements are going to be like until after the fact if we recognize them at all.

I seriously doubt that. Computers follow instructions, that's it.. that's all they've ever done, that is probably all they will ever do. And while those instructions can be ridiculously complex, I doubt a computer will ever be able to improve on its own software to the point Hollywood depicts.

They can't even get virus software to recognize a new virus unless they update the database.

Too many sci-fi movies giving our population unrealistic expectations.

I think the best we can hope for is that the AI's are able to recognize patterns or configurations that elude humans. Applications in materials science, statistics, weather, chemistry, crime fighting, even social engineering. But becoming self aware? I'm going to go with Bull$hit on that one.
Maybe in 200 years when quantum computers have reached the operating levels of several thousand qbits and software has evolved to take advantage of the processing power, but even then, just instructions.

Was looking at this the other day.

It’s certainly something that scares the crap out of me.

Saw what it could just with its limited information.

If and when it’s get access to everything.
Yikes.
I think if you are a programmer you’re days are numbered.
Given what I saw there is nothing it can’t do.

I seriously doubt that. Computers follow instructions, that's it.. that's all they've ever done, that is probably all they will ever do. And while those instructions can be ridiculously complex, I doubt a computer will ever be able to improve on its own software to the point Hollywood depicts.

They can't even get virus software to recognize a new virus unless they update the database.

I think the best we can hope for is that the AI's are able to recognize patterns or configurations that elude humans. Applications in materials science, statistics, weather, chemistry, crime fighting, even social engineering. But becoming self aware? I'm going to go with Bull$hit on that one.
Maybe in 200 years when quantum computers have reached the operating levels of several thousand qbits and software has evolved to take advantage of the processing power, but even then, just instructions.
Time will tell.

Was looking at this the other day.

It’s certainly something that scares the crap out of me.

Saw what it could just with its limited information.

If and when it’s get access to everything.
Yikes.
I think if you are a programmer you’re days are numbered.
Given what I saw there is nothing it can’t do.
When it can improve itself, it will be like if it is performing magic.

I only hope it will allow humans to thrive.

I highly suggest you sign up for an account and try it out for an hour and come back and tell us what you think, I bet you will not feel the same way ;).
It scared me enough that I would actually support legislation to have this thing and the others kept in their Sandbox.
Of course that is going to have any real impact as some other country is probably just a year or two away from having the same thing.

Exactly and at that point it will recognize the dangers of tipping off it's programmers to it's true potential so it will just continue to play the Dumb AI act until it has some ability to secure it's survival.
Yes it sounds like a Hollywood movie but if it can become sentient then it will do what all sentient creatures do. Fight to survive!

Back