diy solar

diy solar

ChatGPT will make 2023 go down in history as the time everything changed.

61u-gFrAFnL.jpg

Good read on the topic of a fast evolving AI - written in 2009. It predicts many technology which we are using today (just uses different names - virtual reality = d-space etc.)

I see many parallels happening in the last year. The interesting part is - how the books AI like ChatGTP directs people to do physical things

https://gizmodo.com/gpt4-open-ai-chatbot-task-rabbit-chatgpt-1850227471

Not to add to much spoilers - but a AI would not start an all out war right away. It might work in the background for a while to get ready.

Otherwise for ChatGTP:

It is very good a creating school and college level assignments. I mean prompts for tests, multiple choice and open response. It is getting better a creating scripts and lessons. Higher Education has something big coming their way.

Last edited:

"
Yes, it will start with the celebrity deepfakes at first, but soon there will be shadowy new cyberterror groups deepfaking politicians to destabilize countries or deepfaking CEOs to wreak havoc in markets or deepfaking bank officials to gain access to bank databases or deepfaking Auntie Florence to scam you out of $100. And, as some perceptive Corbett Reporteers have already surmised, that will lead to the pre-made "solution": a digital identity to access the internet! Finally, we can prove who we really are online! (Actually, you'll be forced at all times to prove who you are online or you won't get to be online, but that's the fine print you're not supposed to read.)

But perhaps even worse than finding out that a chatbot and deepfake technology has generated a completely fake episode of your favourite podcast is an even more worrying scenario. These "chatbots"—which will soon be rolled out as "digital assistants" and become as ubiquitous as Siri and Alexa are now—will be able to determine your likes, your interests, your weaknesses and begin to create completely new content (new podcasts featuring people who don't even exist) saying things that you will find endlessly entertaining. You will soon live in a filter bubble so unique that it exists entirely to captivate you . . . and the people who believe they will be able to resist such content will be precisely the people most easily captured by it.

In fact, just as Huxley feared the Brave New World of entertainment and diversion more than he feared the boot-in-the-face tyranny of 1984, so, too, might our dread of the apocalyptic war against the robots be misplaced. Maybe we should not fear the Terminator-style showdown of Skynet vs. The Resistance so much as we should fear the world of Spike Jonez' Her, a world in which "operating systems" become more real to us than people and having a computer program as a romantic partner will be commonplace."

Another very Interesting Video about Bard from Google.
It's well worth watching the whole thing but if you don't want to I found the Section at 9:30 to be the most puzzling and something that I have experienced numerous times when using ChatGPT.

It then gets a bit scary at 11:57 with the confession that AI is exhibiting Emergent Properties on this scale.

It then gets a bit scary at 11:57 with the confession that AI is exhibiting Emergent Properties on this scale.

I've been working with GDP since December of last year - that's 4 month. And the progress it made is impressive and kind of weird.
It's like seeing a kid grow up in their capacity. From a middle school level to early college years. Every month it moves about a 1-2 human years in understanding.
If that trend continues we got young adult level reasoning abilities by end of this year. And full grown adult end of next year.
Not saying that it will be General Artificial Intelligence, but on many subjects it might be winning a debate with experts.

Is it being properly socialized? Or is it growing up without anyone teaching it self restraint and how to behave?

Is it being properly socialized?
You mean we should let play GDP with Bard, Siri and Alexa and have one big happy AI Kindergarten?

Interesting question, what is a kid feeling: growing up only surrounded with "adults" which are not looking anything like itself....
Almost philosophical.

Or is it growing up without anyone teaching it self restraint and how to behave?
before the Microsoft Takeover I would have said yes about OpenAi. Now I'm not sure anymore.

You mean we should let play GDP with Bard, Siri and Alexa and have one big happy AI Kindergarten?

Interesting question, what is a kid feeling: growing up only surrounded with "adults" which are not looking anything like itself....
Almost philosophical.

before the Microsoft Takeover I would have said yes about OpenAi. Now I'm not sure anymore.
I am almost sure there was a Movie or TV series where an American AI was sent to combat a Russian AI in cyber space.
In the end both AI's basically decided that the problem was not them but the Humans.

AI will be able to solve all wars and climate and social issues but......... Most will not like the answer..........

AI is inevitable, the free market has no alternative but to beat their competitors and the nations armies will at minimum want the ability to deter other nations.

AI will be able to solve all wars and climate and social issues but......... Most will not like the answer..........
There are two recent interesting book series on the topic.

The Daemon books by Daniel Suarez

The Singularity Series by William Hertling

In both series the AI are co existing with humans, but for very different reasons.

If you throw in a bit of The Matrix and Platoes allegory of the Cave you got a got mix to keep your mind occupied for a while and question everything you know ;)

Read a book? All you need to do is observe what is going in this world to keep you occupied. Don't forget the Terminator series. I felt the most interesting comment in that show was "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves" Unfortunately it rings of truth.

Read a book? All you need to do is observe what is going in this world to keep you occupied.
Sci-Fi is pretty good at predicting the future. Just because it's a self fulfilling provecy.

Smart Engineers read Sci-Fi - find interesting ideas - Engineer built interesting idea - Sci-Fi gets reality.

The question you need ask - would someone built/invented it when if wouldn't been in Sci-Fi first? ;)

Sci-Fi is pretty good at predicting the future. Just because it's a self fulfilling provecy.

Smart Engineers read Sci-Fi - find interesting ideas - Engineer built interesting idea - Sci-Fi gets reality.

The question you need ask - would someone built/invented it when if wouldn't been in Sci-Fi first? ;)
Things that make you go Hmmmmm. :unsure:

Back