diy solar

diy solar

Cheap 4kwh LiFePO4 batteries from Batteryclearancewarehouse

Please! I'll even pay for it. If you send one my way, I've got a 20A-300A individual 3.2V cell capacity and lifecycle tester I just built to evaluate the big blue 280AH cells from alibaba. I was in the process of evaluating several cell models from various chinese vendors prior to buying a bunch of them then I saw yours.

I'd LOVE to have a individual cell to test the snot out of.

View attachment 3345
Typical electrition no round corners on the wire a perfect 90 degree, very nice

So the sticker on the side of the BYD BMS. Some of them are Active and some are Passive. Some do have a balancing board I am still looking at. It's odd because it defeats the isolation plugging in this balancing sub board. it takes external 12v to balance it wont activate on its own. So look at your BMS see if it is a P or A or just look inside...you know you want to. We should do a poll see what people are getting. Did these not all come from same project or is this design being offloaded on us because of a problem? Just to be clear we are getting these from what is a battery recycler / scrap dealer. I just find this a mystery, not that it matters...

Edit: seeing 450ma to a cell but I dont trust the meter / mess of a connection Im using down low. Giving bms 12v,1a it steps down to 5v and turns on a relay to each cell to balance. I dont have anything setup right yet to cheat and give different voltages to work out what cell is what yet in the CAN, gonna try heating the sensors one by one. I dont want to take a cell out of balance in my play pack yet. PLEASE DONT TRASH THE BMS/Wiring IF YOUR NOT GOING TO USE IT. One of the users here will want it. While I dont know how to draw up a PCB for us I will find a cheap display that talks CAN so we can we use these for the byd's or another project.

I will just start a new thread on the BYD BMS and might also update this one as I learn more.

IMG_20191213_210653.jpg
MVIMG_20191213_212350.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! Palleted up and heading my way monday. Mark sent this with an email. Oh my aching back.... Gonna have a heck of a time stuffing them all into this. Huge upgrade.
Battpallet.jpg battcab.jpg

Edit: Just measured and they won't fit. Cabinet is 17" deep by 36 wide by 63 tall, bat modules are 23 x 18 1/2 x 9 1/2. Not sure what they are when stripped down. Really want them in a fireproof cabinet though. Wonder what costco has...

Last edited:
So the sticker on the side of the BYD BMS. Some of them are Active and some are Passive. Some do have a balancing board I am still looking at. It's odd because it defeats the isolation plugging in this balancing sub board. it takes external 12v to balance it wont activate on its own. So look at your BMS see if it is a P or A or just look inside...you know you want to. We should do a poll see what people are getting. Did these not all come from same project or is this design being offloaded on us because of a problem? Just to be clear we are getting these from what is a battery recycler / scrap dealer. I just find this a mystery, not that it matters...

View attachment 3354
View attachment 3355
I have the second one, with the piggyback on it dbms max 10Ab, We know they came from solar farms. BYD does not have a great record on making electric buses. lots of problems, The farms went bankrupt, maybe from these strange boards, Nicely built, better than most you see out of China

Last edited:
I have a simple cheap terminal that works...

NEGATIVE import car battery cables fit snug...

The nut side needs a washer, square preferably to get the clamp fully tight, but they grab fine as is.

Attachments

• 20191214_134126.jpg
    20191214_134126.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20191214_134151.jpg
    20191214_134151.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 50
6-3/8" xy 20-11/16" x 18-1/4" with heat sinks off.

Yay! Palleted up and heading my way monday. Mark sent this with an email. Oh my aching back.... Gonna have a heck of a time stuffing them all into this. Huge upgrade.
View attachment 3369 View attachment 3370

Edit: Just measured and they won't fit. Cabinet is 17" deep by 36 wide by 63 tall, bat modules are 23 x 18 1/2 x 9 1/2. Not sure what they are when stripped down. Really want them in a fireproof cabinet though. Wonder what costco has...

I'm thinking one of these...

May not handle the weight though.

Attachments

• 20191214_135340.jpg
    20191214_135340.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 30

View attachment 3354
View attachment 3355
I only have one module but it has the p. It was purchased through tech direct club. also I was wondering if they all have the same model # ABSSM?

I have a simple cheap terminal that works...

NEGATIVE import car battery cables fit snug...

The nut side needs a washer, square preferably to get the clamp fully tight, but they grab fine as is.
i was looking everywhere for a 14mm battery clamp, then decided to bolt on terminal

wtf, where Ray going to put his shirts, Armark rental? from uniforms locker to BYD power storage, They are really flimsy constructed riveted together
Agreed, but the lower end has room for all 4 of my batteries, and I can use the center doors for slide out bms, charge controller and charge meters, disconnects etc.

Maast, I think to remove the green strapping would be a bad idea. The whole pack is compressed and does show sign of a little bulging. I think releasing that stress is going to cause a ton more swelling. I think davepoz has a good way of connecting all the cells in P and just attach a single balancing bms to that. Id avoid the shielded foil wrapped wire however.
When I picked mine up they told me they cut the straps and cells immediately ”relaxed” and they could not restore to original shape.

Has anyone been able to capacity test these modules?

An additional good info would be their manufacturing date. Discounting some 6 months to commisioning and assuming 1 cycle/day, one could infer a worst (?) case scenario regarding theses modules cycle count.

Back