diy solar

diy solar

Cheap LFP batteries list. Now with more guts!

I just left a scathing review pointing out that there is NO BMS in there, despite their claims that:

"[BMS Full Protection】Lithium iron phosphate battery has a built-in BMS (Battery Management System), which effectively protects the lithium-ion battery from overcharging, overdischarging, overheating, short circuit and low self-discharge rate, etc., and prolongs battery life."

We'll see if they publish it.

Once the first one is charged I'll move to tge second one. I'm hoping to use these with a 1500w inverter and make a generator.

Looking forward to Will's thoughts. 😁

Soooo, I wonder how many unsuspecting schleps out there are going to incur some kind of meltdown….

yikes, note to self

No wonder most say “no Bluetooth”
There’s nothing to Bluetooth to!

I just left a scathing review pointing out that there is NO BMS in there, despite their claims that:

"[BMS Full Protection】Lithium iron phosphate battery has a built-in BMS (Battery Management System), which effectively protects the lithium-ion battery from overcharging, overdischarging, overheating, short circuit and low self-discharge rate, etc., and prolongs battery life."

Once the first one is charged I'll move to tge second one. I'm hoping to use these with a 1500w inverter and make a generator.

your review is posted

hahahaha 😂

Lets see what they offer you to take the review down, don't settle unless they offer you 2 more free batteries.

Also post here the story they say, I really want to hear about how they make no money and need feed the family. 😴

I suspect the seller is going to vanish mysteriously any day now. Although they're down to $155 Used Like New from the warehouse.

I'd almost take another pair of batteries, Daly's are cheap. 😜

Last edited:
I looked online and Daly says this is a 5A balancer. On their website they show a rendering of four lifepo4 cells with a Daly bms and this balancer. Hmmmm.
I ordered a Kepworth 300ah lifepo4 battery from Amazon. After seeing this I'm seriously considering opening it up to see what, if anything, is in there. It's supposed to arrive Feb 6-7.
Hopefully it's what it's advertised as being.
Did you get the 300Ah battery? I am thinking of buying one of those to my campervan build.

Did you get the 300Ah battery? I am thinking of buying one of those to my campervan build.
Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm super old and take several naps during the day. Hmm, maybe that's why I don't sleep good at night. Or it might be because our little dog Clyde keeps kicking me at night.
Anyway, yes, I bought and received the Kepworth battery. It performs slightly better than advertised, according to my budget shunt state of charge meter.
I've run it through two discharge-charge cycles with no problems and with repeatable results. I also paralleled it to my older Pionergy 300ah battery and everything is performing great.
I'm certainly not an expert on any of this stuff.
Let me know if I can provide any particulars for you.

you’re right, I hadn’t seen that. same seller, different ad.
Yeah, lots of eBay sellers are known for that. For some reason, you have to really look through every single listing, especially the ones that offer multiple different options on the drop down menu.

Sometimes they're quite different in prices.

And sometimes it's unassuming, sometimes you can get an even better deal by choosing the one that has the higher starting price, but if you know you're planning on getting multiple they offer an extra 5% off by adding multiple to the cart from that listing.

Other times though due to the way the sales work you are better off checking out one item at a time, even if your need multiple.

There are some great deals out there, you just gotta scour around for them.

Well, thanks to the fact that it's all bolted together, I could make something useful.

20240302_141527.jpg

I've been re-thinking my laundry idea and the 2kw inverter will be running at full tilt for a couple hours running a load so not too sure how well it'll survive. I might end up having to take the pair of 12v batteries and series them up, add in this guy, and that'll give me 24v @ 200ah, then step up to a 3kw inverter. If I'm lucky I can find a good deal on a 24v AIO and clean up the mess o' parts on the wall.

Back