diy solar

diy solar

Class T Fuse avalibility

Sipma02

I install a lot of Multiplus's. Victron recommends 4/0 cable with a 400 amp fuse. Whenever I install a lithium battery bank, I always protect it with a Class T fuse for their excellent AIC rating. But wow, they're out of stock literally everywhere! Anyone have any leads? Who are these people, buying mass amounts of Class T's?!

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 1.07.12 PM.png

Important to point out that not all Class T fuses are the same. LittleFuse for example has both a JLLN and JLLS. The JLLN will blow over 10x faster than the JLLS. Annoying that a lot of places don't specify exactly what they are selling.

Also, Blue Sea has two sizes of fuse holders for Class T. One up to 200 amps and the other for more than 200 amps. I think that's the break.

Baymarine showed the fuse in stock on the product page but once entered into the cart it stated it was back ordered. ?

OK, since there doesn't seem to be such a thing as a slow-blow 150a Class-T, what's my next best option for LFP?

All I'm finding in the 150a range is Fast Acting, ANL, Mega, Midi, and breakers.

I install a lot of Multiplus's. Victron recommends 4/0 cable with a 400 amp fuse. Whenever I install a lithium battery bank, I always protect it with a Class T fuse for their excellent AIC rating. But wow, they're out of stock literally everywhere! Anyone have any leads? Who are these people, buying mass amounts of Class T's?!

View attachment 97715

BlueSea has them; with the BlueSea premium price. But at least you know they are not counterfeits....

View attachment 97715
I spent two hours talking with many companies about blue seas class T fuses last week to be told forget it for most amp ratings.. ,some laughed , some said next fall , some said next year…no back orders and etc..I did call a place called powerwrxs I deal with ,and got 4 .. 300:amp , flat rate 10 dollar 2 day shipping.. they are here on my table now.. good company so far… only place I called that had any left…it seems very much the luck of the draw.. amazing whats not available.
Jim.

I've got myself a DC MCCB (molded case circuit breaker) and problem solved. MCCBs have high AIC ratings similar to Class T fuses.

OK, since there doesn't seem to be such a thing as a slow-blow 150a Class-T, what's my next best option for LFP?

All I'm finding in the 150a range is Fast Acting, ANL, Mega, Midi, and breakers.

Check out NH fuses ;)

Have you got a link or picture please?

I bought one from a local supplier with a battery combiner combo, but the case is too big and the busbars are quite close to each other so I'm DIY'ing it further.

Attachments

• DC-MCCB-batt-combiner_combo.jpg
    DC-MCCB-batt-combiner_combo.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 44
Back