diy solar

diy solar

Closed Loop Comms between Sol-Ark 15k and EG4 LL batteries

My 15K only shows the one screen. On page 5 of https://www.sol-ark.com/wp-content/...y-Communications-Integration-Guide-V2.8-1.pdf, it shows that for CanBus it will only show limited data. Page 6 is for RS485 connections and they get detailed battery data.
Also, for others, when updating firmware I had to use comm port 3 on the PIC Update 9600 screen. On Sol-Ark select (“BMS Lithium Batt 00”).
The cable that Signature Solar sent to me for computer to battery comms back in February works for the update. Doesn't look like the one in the video above.
Thinking ?

I flashed mine this morning. Solark 15k sees them, but it is only seeing as one battery. I’ve got the dip switches configured for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Solark is plugged in to CAN of pack number 1.

Question - Are you able to get the additional screen on your Solark that shows each battery ID? I’ve seen it when I’ve connected other battery manufactured.
I am only seeing limited data for CANbus connection. Shows me the total/ average of 6 batteries in one screen

@BenFromSignatureSolar

What functionality would I be missing if I ordered a rack of 5 lifepower4 and 1 LLv1 (and upgraded the firmware), hooked up to a Solark 15k? With your sale now that seems like the cheapest way to get a full rack and have closed loop with the 15k.

I wouldn’t have a screen on each battery, or the v2 fire suppressors. Anything else?

You would need to do all of them as V1's. As it stands currently, the Lifepower4 would not give you quite the functionality that you are looking for. We are working on an update that will allow for this communication, but unfortunately it is not ready yet.

We get a ton of calls and messages regarding how this is done. Here is a full video showing how to close loop communicate with the Sol-Ark 15k. James will also show here how to update the LLV1 to communicate with the solark. This protocol is also used for Victron, Deye, Megarevo, Luxpower, Growatt, and EG4. I hope this helps clarify!
When will the eg4 lifepower be able to work with the 15 k Sol-ark

I'm having trouble with my update on both my EG4LL, getting the following error:

> Initialization failed, please check BMS connection
> Clear Flash failed, Please Update again

I have a CH340 based USB to Serial adapter plugged into the RS485 port (I think it came with the unit, but looks just like this ). FYI, I am able to successfully communicate through the BMS Tool so maybe something wrong with the PIC tool?

@BenFromSignatureSolar

1668447195383.png

1668446847512.png

Attachments

• 1668446016627.png
    1668446016627.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I'm having trouble with my update on both my EG4LL, getting the following error:

I just got off the phone with Signature Solar support and they're sending out a cable. Hopefully the same one I'm trying to use doesn't show up ?

> Initialization failed, please check BMS connection
> Clear Flash failed, Please Update again

I have a CH340 based USB to Serial adapter plugged into the RS485 port (I think it came with the unit, but looks just like this ). FYI, I am able to successfully communicate through the BMS Tool so maybe something wrong with the PIC tool?

@BenFromSignatureSolar

View attachment 120214

View attachment 120211
I'm having the exact same issue. Same errors with the same cable that I received with the batteries. Tried multiple EG4LL V1 batteries with same result.
Were you able to get them updated?

It won't be long. We are seeing successes in R&D now. I unfortunately can't provide a timeline currentSquaekyly.
:giggle: Squeaky Wheel here......I have contacted SS many times asking WHEN will the LifePower firmware update be available for this.
Now they are telling me that IF I purchase an EG4 LL bat and flash/update all my EG4 LifePower bats, the LL bat can be connected to the Sol-Ark as a master and will connect to all the downstream LifePowers via the RS485 port(I guess).
Very interesting....and glad to see the progress?

TBoone(Squeaky Wheel) Fisher:giggle:

:giggle: Squeaky Wheel here......I have contacted SS many times asking WHEN will the LifePower firmware update be available for this.
Now they are telling me that IF I purchase an EG4 LL bat and flash/update all my EG4 LifePower bats, the LL bat can be connected to the Sol-Ark as a master and will connect to all the downstream LifePowers via the RS485 port(I guess).
Very interesting....and glad to see the progress?

TBoone(Squeaky Wheel) Fisher:giggle:
We are filming video tomorrow or Monday, firmware will be added to website at some point next week from my understanding.

Back