diy solar

diy solar

Closed Loop Comms between Sol-Ark 15k and EG4 LL batteries

Sorry to be so pessimistic BUT I recall a similar response last week.
I think that he's referring how to connect EG4s as follows...

Sol-Ark <-> EG4LL(master) <-> EG4 LifePower(slaves) in a closed loop

Can anyone find what Ben is referring to?

I'll keep my $$ in my pocket;)

Last edited:
Sorry to be so pessimistic BUT I recall a similar response last week.
Can anyone find what Ben is referring to?
I'll keep my $$ in my pocket;)
The firmware was posted to the website and video was done. I do my best to get back to the forum to update when i can, but sometimes it's difficult to make time for the forum on a daily basis. Always feel free to call our customer service team for immediate answers, they have access to all of the information on videos, firmware links, and other FAQs. They are 8-8 M-F and 9-2 on Saturday.

I saw the video uploaded for Victron inverters, I assume that the updated protocol will work with sol-ark as well.

However, I didn’t see the new firmware uploaded to the Eg4 electronics website. The firmware here is still the one from 2022-08-24. https://eg4electronics.com/downloads/

Is there a separate download location?

Thanks

Help me with an informal poll:

1. How many EG4/Sol-Ark customers would like to do closed
comm with their EG4 batteries?
2. How many are holding off buying EG4s until this gets done?

Tom Fisher

Then I suggest tasking the video down
It still works for that particular battery with a growatt inverter. I misspoke on that a while back. What I should have said, is that particular video is completely irrelevant to this thread.

The LP4 batteries are unable to communicate directly with the Sol-Ark, but if you have an LL battery as the master, you can have the rest of the stack as LP4s. I'm happy to send over a video of how to make this work if you are interested in communicating in this way. This will apply to any inverter that the LLV2 communicates with.

It's being done with a Victron in the video, but it applies to Sol-Ark as well

It still works for that particular battery with a growatt inverter. I misspoke on that a while back. What I should have said, is that particular video is completely irrelevant to this thread.

The LP4 batteries are unable to communicate directly with the Sol-Ark, but if you have an LL battery as the master, you can have the rest of the stack as LP4s. I'm happy to send over a video of how to make this work if you are interested in communicating in this way. This will apply to any inverter that the LLV2 communicates with.

It's being done with a Victron in the video, but it applies to Sol-Ark as well
YES, please send me info as to how to do this. Links to the vdeo woud be great :)
I currently use SolarAssistant to monitor my EG4 LPs and my Sol-Ark but it will be
much better if they are communicating and coordinating directly,

See my PM to you
Thx,

TBoone

Sol-Ark 15K with 6 LifePower EG4s. Was a firmware released for these to allow closed loop? Is this still in the works? Thanks

I have a Sol-Ark 12K with three 48V EG4 LiFePower bats. I would like to do closed loop comm with these bats and my Sol-Ark.
In the following video, SigSolar shows that comm can be established via CAN to an EG4 LL. Then the LL will act as a master via RS485
to a chain of LifePower bats via RS485. The video shows a Victron as the inverter, BUT SS(Ben) states that this will work with a Sol-Ark as well.

Has anyone tried this?

-TBoone

Hoping you are still checking on this topic as I am looking for an assist.

I currently have EG4-LL (V2) Mastered to my Sol-Ark 15K in closed loop comms. Works great.
Unfortunately, the 5 other EG4-LifePower4 batteries are not being seen (?) by the Sol-Ark as it only has the limits and total AMPs for the single LL V2.

All 5 EG4-LifePower4 batteries are showing Hardware version 207 since updating with the August 24th firmware from EG4.

I have the LL V2 connected to out of Batt Comm port to the first EG4-LifePower4 and daisy-chained from there. The LL V2 is set to #1 and the other EG4-LifePower4 batteries are #2-6 (confirmed).

Is there a newer firmware version I am missing?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Mark

Yes I am monitoring. However, since I have not verified that it works, I am still waiting to purchase an EG4 LL in addition to the 3 EG4s LiFePowers that I already have. I assume you have contacted SignatureSolar? If so, what do they tell you?
I did purchase SolarAssistant ( https://solar-assistant.io/ ) and it works well as advertised. It allows me to
monitor my Sol-Ark as well as all my EG4s. Not a perfect solution but much better than PowerView.

-TBoone
1676870295929.png

Last edited:
Back