diy solar

diy solar

Cloud edge effects... WOW!

Many would regard watching their array output update every two seconds akin to watching paint dry... However...

View attachment 190672

When you see your 2970W array output 3975W for a moment, it gives you the tinglies...

I think I just smurfed myself...
I'm assuming directly into a Victron branded diaper :)

Are you underpanneled on that controller? Which model?

LOL... just happened again...

1705951188975.png

Worth reminding folks that I have the potential to get nearly 1200W/m^2 due to the thinner air. This is simply a confluence of positive factors: lower air density, lower temperature (4°C), variable 5-10mph winds blowing across the panels (basically hitting both front and back), and cloud edge effects. This is in spite of a 29.5° tilt that's about 2 months from being optimal.

Can these momentary overages damage scc's?
I have midnite classics and they have specific 'max output' control so they won't pull more than they need for max output or a user setting to less than max output. So it's not possible to 'damage them thru an abundance' as long as the voltage of the strings doesn't exceed the max specs.

everyone else is praying for clear skies and this guy is praying for clouds. love it !

So when is someone going to come up with vapor sprayers? That magnifies the suns inensity just in front of the panels while keeping them cool?

The trick is to aim the edge part direct in while avoiding the shade part of the cloud drifting by. :cool:
Before I go outside and try that, could you sketch that out for me, so I’m sure to set it up correctly?

Back