diy solar

diy solar

EAsun MLV 3KW-U hybrid off grid solar inverter 1st week review and updated for 1 year of usage.

OK the image shows AC charging battery. It also shows battery voltage at 26.5vDC. What does the screen show for input amperage to battery (push down at your controller until the screen comes up for Battery input and battery output.)

Thanks. So what are your settings for #3, #7, #8, #28?

I do not see your battery type mentioned though that should be covered by setting #8

First, thanks for your help. 3 is ups, 7 is 60 an and 28 is 40 a. Generator is 3000 watt. AIO is connected to a 20 amp 120v circuit on the gen. Input on the AIO says 124v.

All that looks good (sorry but I added battery type #8 into the question above) So finally I am left to ask what is #37? Of the various possibilities you might try is 1. Raising #37 to 27vDC to see if charging begins. 2. Changing #3 to APL and see if that does anything.

Well that's not good. The last suggestion I have is to disconnect everything and than reconnect with battery first, PV second, AC in wired but breaker off at generator, turn on unit, ignore AC in fault beep. Check for PV charging. Also check for charge mode SNU on setting number 6. Flip Gen. breaker on and see if it connects up and begins to charge after transfer to AC bypass mode. Check the battery amps in screen.

One other thing. It is possible your generator is not producing a stable enough power for the AIO to run its charger. Sometimes this can be remedied by putting a load on the generator at first before powering the AIO. If you have an inverter generator it likely is not a problem.

Yeah, is an inverter generator. I’m going to pull the inverter and batteries and bring it back home with me and I’ll mess with it there. I’ll let you know if I find anything. Sounds like I may have to try getting support from Chins.

Anyone know why I can't go above 20.8v on #4 I can go lower but not higher. I think when I first got my hands on it it was 23v then I set it lower and I was stuck. I tried using the PC software as well unless I don't have the right one. It's that setting and the switch back to inverter setting I can not change. I want to get new batteries because mine are toast and 20.8v is a little lower than I'd like for it to tigger the generator to kick in.

Anyone know why I can't go above 20.8v on #4 I can go lower but not higher. I think when I first got my hands on it it was 23v then I set it lower and I was stuck. I tried using the PC software as well unless I don't have the right one. It's that setting and the switch back to inverter setting I can not change. I want to get new batteries because mine are toast and 20.8v is a little lower than I'd like for it to tigger the generator to kick in.
Setting #14 controls setting #4. #14 must be a minimum of .2v higher.

BTW #35 affects #5 also.

When you say you tried using the monitor software (v1.6) at what point did you have dificulty?

Reactions: mib
Setting #14 controls setting #4. #14 must be a minimum of .2v higher.

BTW #35 affects #5 also.

When you say you tried using the monitor software (v1.6) at what point did you have dificulty?
Awesome thanks good info can't wait to try. With the monitor software I was trying the change the same way not knowing 14 was affecting it. I will report back once I get back to my camp. I close to getting to try out my DIY automatic start for my generator using a PLC and solidnoid for the choke and connect it to the dry contact off the controller.

Awesome thanks good info can't wait to try. With the monitor software I was trying the change the same way not knowing 14 was affecting it. I will report back once I get back to my camp. I close to getting to try out my DIY automatic start for my generator using a PLC and solidnoid for the choke and connect it to the dry contact off the controller.
Got it working. Need to making my PLC know the generator doesn't start and to retry if it fails but other then that it works. Though when the generator does kick on and charge th batteries setting #6 tells is when to kick off the generator and go back to the inverter, yet there are different phases for charging the batteries. If I select 29v it gets to only a certain percentage then it switches to a lower charging voltage. But at that point the generator is off and the batteries are not fully charged....

Hi Mattb4. Just to update, I ended up dismounting batteries and inverter and bringing it home. Tried your suggestions and still had no success. Contacted the seller, Chins, and after a very slow process of trial and error they sent me a return label. They asked me if I wanted a refund or replacement. I said I’d take a replacement if I could charge the batteries off mains or PV and they said they couldn’t guarantee it so I took the refund. Now I’m thinking of going with the Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-24P mainly for the claimed 2 watt standby consumption. I’m assuming that’s with the inverter off. Not sure what the idle consumption is. I also like the low (30v) mppt startup voltage. Thoughts?

Hi, All. Been following this site for the past year or so. Got a question. I've got the ISolar MLV 5KW-U, and I've got three PV arrays going into my charge controller. I recently changed them from series to a series-and-parallel combination. I've tested my wiring and indeed as calculated I've got two arrays delivering 54 Volts at 11.1 Amps while the third is delivering 63 Volts at at 11.1 Amps. The power is entering my junction-box (controller) just fine, going into three 20-Amp circuits with fuses, and exiting the controller and heading up to my handy SOLAR INVERTER CHARGER (the aforementioned ISolar MLV 5KW-U of course).

Here is where things have started getting weird. Wondering if anyone has had a similar result:

1) A faint but annoying buzz is heard coming from inside the SOLAR INVERTER CHARGER

2) but the real problem is: I am not getting any PV charge :(

NOTE: All parameters are unchanged from before the rewiring of the arrays into the current arrangement, except I have allowed more charging current to come through of course, due to the shift from a series-wired production more of Volts to the combo series-and-parallel wired production of more Amps, naturally.

NOTE: The buzz was audible BEFORE I rewired my arrays.

NOTE: The SOLAR INVERTER CHARGER worked fine, did receive PV charging, prior to this rewire.

CRUX OF THE MATTER: Does anyone say I somehow fried my PV charging circuit? I cannot account for no PV charge otherwise.

Thanks!
Jerit

Hello everyone, just registered as I've been following this nice forum/thread lately, also I'm a recent owner of the EASun "ISolar MLV3KW-U" AIO and want to post my experience/issues for reference purposes.

So I actually ordered this AIO inverter from easunpower.com on a Halloween flash sale I couldn't resist while searching for reliable 24v UPS unit, yes the unit is running as an UPS system but plan to add PV in the future, though the AIO is just running at 15% of its capacity with 2x 35AH batteries for now, so here below are my findings.

Pros:
*Relatively compact/sleek 3KW AIO.
*Easy to setup and forget from the built-in panel.
*Quick ~10ms typical transfer time, useful for dedicated UPS applications.
*USB and RS485 com ports for monitoring and/or automation.

Cons:
*Some parameters missing/removed from the built-in panel.
*PC monitoring software seems unreliable/buggy/outdated.
*Some monitored voltage readings appears to be incorrect.

Last but not least, after testing few monitoring software through the built-in USB port, I've noticed that some of the voltage readings where halved, i.e like if the unit were a 12V unit rather than a 24V one, so I just ignored it thinking that the software were buggy but that was not the case, so I pulled the trigger and bought Solar-Assistant software since had some Pi's 3B+ and 4B lying around and to my surprise the same halved voltage reading where also present, however those does not bother me much as I just had to double them for the correct reading and the dashboard at least show the correct readings regardless, at this point I'm not sure if the affected readings are the same from the RS485 port as haven't tested.

I will post some pictures of the AIO unit which appears to be a newer version with removable metal grilles on the sides with air filters inside, as well as the Solar-Assistant dashboard output screenshots, hopefully all this small issues are just a matter of a future firmware update fix, other than that I'm very happy with my AIO.
Regards!

EASun ISolar MLV3KW-U:
IMG_3694.JPGIMG_3695.JPGIMG_3757.JPG

Solar-Assistant Dashboard:
Dashboard.pngDash-Inverter.pngDash-Battery.png

Solar-Assistant Configuration Parameters(Voltage readings are halved):
AIO-Configuration-Parameters.png

EDIT: Hello, just to be sure on the above statements of the halved/incorrect voltage readings on my EASun/SRNE AIO under [Configuration > Settings] in SA, I just bought an FTDI "USB-RS485-WE-1800-BT" cable to give it a try, unfortunately there was no difference in the voltage readings values mentioned earlier, so definitely appears to be an firmware issue.
AIO_Test_USB-RS485-WE-1800-BT.png

Last edited:
Not sure if it fits into this thread, a warning on Anenji Support!

Beware of Anenji because of absolutely no support in case of problems! You can scrap any faulty Anenji equipment! My experience:

I installed an Anenji MPPT 3.6KW Off-Grid Solar-Wechselrichter 100A Hybrid 230Vac 24V 500V in June 2023 with 2 kW Solar panels and 1,5 kWh battery to charge a hybrid EV in my garage. However whatever the settings the inverter turned off after less than 70min on unknown grounds; solar or battery power was still available. After about 2 months the inverter completely failed, no display, no output anymore. Anenji immediately shifted the communication from ebay messages to WhatsApp, firstly promised to help, asked questions, gave suggestions and finally diagnosed failure of control board as rootcause. Eventually they refused to supply a new control board but in the end stopped any communication at all!

I can confirm that the hardware looks pretty good but the software/firmware appears to have problems (glitches that turn off the inverter?) and above all, there is no support at all. I have made the same experience as ebay user 1***k (818):

„Buyer beware, don't expect any warranty or return if faulty. My unit faulty, returned at my expense, seller refused to accept delivery. Had to get refund from PayPal. Shame could have been a good item. Good comms via WhatsApp but lied at end.“

Ebay is of no help, they don’t care that Anenji refuses to give any sort of support or garantee. No chance to change the judgement of the seller in ebay!

EASun ISolar-SMX-II-3.6KW bought as a replacement for the Anenji stuff. EASun works to charge my EV right from the beginning!

Report Edit

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Anenji. Yeah your expereince would be better off posted as a Thread to "Solar Equipment Vendor Review Corner".
Thanks for the advice, I was unaware that there is already a "Complaining" thread, I have put it into:

Has anybody an idea what to do with broken equipment for which no support and no spares are available?

Kind Regards, Anenemy

Back