diy solar

diy solar

Combining Fuses and Fuseholders of DiFfeReNt brands?

AgroVenturesPeru

I'm redesigning my string box, which was built for 4s3p. It's going to be for 4s4p.

Right now it has three fuseholders of the ETI brand. Inside are 15A, 1000VDC fuses of the brand "Littlefuse"

The new distributor I'm working with has FEEO fuseholders with FEEO fuses inside also 15A, 1000VDC. I just want to be sure there's no problem combining the FEEO with the other three fuses/fuseholders.

Should be no problem if they accept the same physical size fuse. Are the new fuse holders made for the same physical size fuse?

Interesting question. I never expected that consideration. Is there somewhere on the fuse that says what size it is? What do you need to measure the diameter of the circle? The length of the fuse?

The LittleFuse SPF series that you show in the other thread of yours is 10mm x 38mm.
Do you know the model number of the FEEO fuse holder?

Attachments

• SPF Series Datasheet.pdf
    467.2 KB · Views: 8
The LittleFuse SPF series that you show in the other thread of yours is 10mm x 38mm.
Do you know the model number of the FEEO fuse holder?
How do you know those are the width x length dimensions of the LittleFuse in my photo on the other thread?

This is the FEEO fuse holder the new distributor is looking to include. It looks like it says 10x38

IMG-20210422-WA0015.jpg

How do you know those are the width x length dimensions of the LittleFuse in my photo on the other thread?

This is the FEEO fuse holder the new distributor is looking to include. It looks like it says 10x38

View attachment 46712
"How do you know those are the width x length dimensions of the LittleFuse in my photo on the other thread?"
How do I know?

Well, did you look at the spec sheet of the Littlefuse SPF series in my post #4? SPF series is the fuse that you show in the other thread of yours which I also give you the link to the spec sheet of the fuse.

"How do you know those are the width x length dimensions of the LittleFuse in my photo on the other thread?"
How do I know?

Well, did you look at the spec sheet of the Littlefuse SPF series in my post #4? SPF series is the fuse that you show in the other thread of yours which I also give you the link to the spec sheet of the fuse.
Just noticed it. At first glance all I noticed was the FEEO information.

Apparently these are the same size.

One thing I noticed recently while reviewing the photo from my other thread is that the ETI fuseholder itself says 690V, while the LittleFuse SPF is 1000V. Is that okay?

690VDC?
SPF is rated at 1000VDC.
FEEO fuse holder is rated at 1000VDC as shown in your picture in post #6.

It is 690VAC 32A per ETI web site, yours is AC-22B EFD 10 1P Fuse Disconnector.
Here is the spec for 3P (3 Poleas, yours is 1 Pole).
I cannot find the DC rating in the spec sheet.

Yeah, that's weird. It's almost like it's not meant for DC at all... https://www.etigroup.eu//images/product_db/levels/en-GB/4402_TD.pdf

Well, I guess I'm about to find out if that's going to be a problem.

Back