diy solar

diy solar

Component Review for Cabinet Design

This thread's been quiet but, not because of a lack of activity. Lots of design modifications to the schematic, and now a completed battery bank. Well, partially completed. Have yet to top balance batteries (waiting till closer to ready to actually bring them on line), as well as mount shunt, BMS, and main power switch to side of box. Very happy though with box build. Waiting on custom made heating pads from Annod Industries as well, thanks @HRTKD.... they've been very helpful! Glad to provide more info on box build for anyone interested.

Attachments

• 20210623_163905_resized.jpg
    20210623_163905_resized.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210623_163939_resized.jpg
    20210623_163939_resized.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210623_164002_resized.jpg
    20210623_164002_resized.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Are you planning to deploy the battery box in the orientation shown in the pictures? At least for EVE cells, they can be oriented terminals up or on their long side.

Are you planning to deploy the battery box in the orientation shown in the pictures? At least for EVE cells, they can be oriented terminals up or on their long side.
I would vote for the UP position.

Man, it would really suck if the OP designed that lovely case to go into a place where it has to be located in the upright position like shown.

Please tell me you guys are not serious. Please? In all the digging/reading I've done I've never seen anything about orientation!

This wouldn't be "on their long side"?

Sorry, but EVE does have a requirement for orientation.
Well. Dammit. That just blows. ugh. A quick review, and I can see a path forward that leverages much of my work here so, hardly the end of the world. I did put an inquiry into Amy at Shenzhen just to hopefully get an absolute answer but, all indications are you guys are correct. Thanks for the heads-up.

I would vote for the UP position.

Man, it would really suck if the OP designed that lovely case to go into a place where it has to be located in the upright position like shown.
Well... yeah, it does suck. But, it is a lovely case! Thanks... lol. I think I can salvage much of it.

Hey @Rocketman! You still around? Hoping to ask a question regarding the Batrium and it's communication with the Cerbo.... It seemed you had a pretty good handle on that being that you pointed me towards the Cerbo.

Hi Lance - Yes I am still around. I can try to help with the communications, but currently I have not set it up. (So I haven’t done it yet).
I will detail my path of woe sometime… (after it is over). But I have setup the battery and using it. Just using all the Victron equipment around it to control the charging and discharging.

I gotta say I LOVE ❤️ the eight Lishen 272ah batteries

We are now living full time in our MotorHome and those batteries are awesome!

For example, when we cook with the instant pot- all from batteries- that doesn’t take much power.
When we want to bake - our microwave is a convection microwave- so 100% from batteries- and it handles it!

Hi Lance - Yes I am still around. I can try to help with the communications, but currently I have not set it up. (So I haven’t done it yet).
I will detail my path of woe sometime… (after it is over). But I have setup the battery and using it. Just using all the Victron equipment around it to control the charging and discharging.

I gotta say I LOVE ❤️ the eight Lishen 272ah batteries

We are now living full time in our MotorHome and those batteries are awesome!

For example, when we cook with the instant pot- all from batteries- that doesn’t take much power.
When we want to bake - our microwave is a convection microwave- so 100% from batteries- and it handles it!
So glad to hear you've made the move to full time mobile and you got your batteries put to work and that they're working awesome! For now, I got the basic gist of my question answered from Batrium. Still moving forward on the project and still moving quite slow.... If I hit a point of wanting some advice/insights from you, I'll check back in.... if that's ok. Enjoy your summer!

Back