diy solar

diy solar

Copper strip bus

magnet

Hey guys I'm in the process of building a 4s4p pack from 260 ah cells. The cells have m12 bolt holes for the studs, I can't seem to find any premade bus bar that would fit these, so im looking at .125x1 copper bar. Would this be suitable for the current? I'm thinking the largest load these batteries would see is a 2500w 12v inverter. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm in the Brazos of building a 4s4p pack from 260 ah cells. The cells ha e m12 bolt holes for the studs, I can't seem to find any premade bus bar that would fit these, so im looking at .125x1 copper bar. Would this be suitable for the current? I'm thinking the largest load these batteries would see is a 2500w 12v inverter. Thanks.
You have SIXTEEN 260Ah cells arranged as 12V, so you have 1080Ah, or 13,312 Wh of battery!
How much solar do you have feeding it?
I hope you have around 3000W of solar...

How many amps is your BMS capable of? A 2500W inverter can draw 235A or more depending on efficiency and battery state of charge.

The copper bar should hamdle the load easily, but most 12V BMS are only rated for 100A, you may need to arrange the cells into 4p groups, with their own bms for amperage...

I bought a 400 amp relay with economizer, so I will use a 100 amp bms to control that. Do you think I could get away with 1/16x1 bus bar? Thank you

Wait the cells have m12 studs? What cells are these?

I can’t say I’ve see anything that large.

Back