diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

I would advise folks to stick with the tinned copper bus bars that come with the EVE cells. Some tests in off-grid garage show issues with aluminum. Thoughts?

I believe this is the connector if you want to crimp your own: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/654-SLPPB50BSO

I will confirm if/when I receive my boxes. Ordered March 23rd and still waiting.
It looks like the max wire size for those connectors is 50mm2 which is what they provide. I guess you wouldn't be able to use the full current rating of each pack if you stack them and daisy chain them in parallel server rack style.

It looks like the max wire size for those connectors is 50mm2 which is what they provide. I guess you wouldn't be able to use the full current rating of each pack if you stack them and daisy chain them in parallel server rack style.
So they actually come with Futronics connectors, not Amphenol. The Futronics do not fit any of the Amphenol (nor would I want to mix brands) and I was unable to find where I could purchase any matching Futronics connectors in the states.

I ended up buying the amphenol terminal connections which are an exact fit for the case along with the plug that I can crimp. I am just using one negative and one positive per-case. I will not be chaining them. Amphenol connections were expensive and very well built. I still prefer to make my own cable that is an exact fit rather than a generic size from seplos...but I paid a penny for it.

Last edited:
So they actually come with Futronics connectors, not Amphenol. The Futronics do not fit any of the Amphenol (nor would I want to mix brands) and I was unable to find where I could purchase any matching Futronics connectors in the states.

I ended up buying the amphenol terminal connections which are an exact fit for the case along with the plug that I can crimp. I am just using one negative and one positive per-case. I will not be chaining them. Amphenol connections were expensive and very well built. I still prefer to make my own cable that is an exact fit rather than a generic size from seplos...but I paid a penny for it.
Looks like those can only do 200A too. I wonder if there's something that can do 300-400A in the same footprint.

Looks like those can only do 200A too. I wonder if there's something that can do 300-400A in the same footprint.
As far as I know 200A is the max amperage (from amphenol at least) that fits the profile of the box. I have 4 battery boxes in parallel and I don't plan on pulling anywhere near 200A from each box, I could see how one might need that if you only have 1 or 2 boxes. Keep in mind they are rated for continuous output. Short spikes above 200A would be fine but it might trip your breaker/fuses depending what you have.

As far as I know 200A is the max amperage (from amphenol at least) that fits the profile of the box. I have 4 battery boxes in parallel and I don't plan on pulling anywhere near 200A from each box, I could see how one might need that if you only have 1 or 2 boxes. Keep in mind they are rated for continuous output. Short spikes above 200A would be fine but it might trip your breaker/fuses depending what you have.
Is it possible to see a picture of your set up? I'm also planning 4 battery boxes

I'm on the verge of ordering one of these via Henry at Seplos. I'm just waiting to hear back from Jakiper before I pull the trigger.

Quick question. As there is no built in isolator would this be a sufficient breaker/isolator for this battery to sit between the battery bank and the inverter.

this isnt a dc breaker as far as i can see, and may fuse..

this isnt a dc breaker as far as i can see, and may fuse..

It does state "Widely Used: Solar panels grid system, wind and solar hybrid system and many other DC systems, household decoration, engineering construction, rural network transformation and other projects." in the description. I was thrown by it only being 125A with the Mason being 200A.

My options are limited in the UK. We are very much behind the curve.

Has anyone successfully purchased the futronics connectors to make your own custom cables?

I think they are these ones: https://en.futronics.com.cn/product/88.html but would like to be sure before I order them.

Seplos will not confirm the connection type or any other details. They took 4 months to deliver my airfreight boxes, so I do not trust their estimate of 1 month to deliver custom cables. It is also much better to be able to customize any future changes in the battery position and placement by having the ability to make custom cables.

Has anyone successfully purchased the futronics connectors to make your own custom cables?

I think they are these ones: https://en.futronics.com.cn/product/88.html but would like to be sure before I order them.

Seplos will not confirm the connection type or any other details. They took 4 months to deliver my airfreight boxes, so I do not trust their estimate of 1 month to deliver custom cables. It is also much better to be able to customize any future changes in the battery position and placement by having the ability to make custom cables.
If you have any luck let me know. I tried to reach out to Futronics but my email got returned. Seplos doesn't seem to want folks to make their own cable and instead buy theirs which is quite annoying. As I mentioned above I replaced my connectors with Amphenol but it was expensive.

And FYI I believe it would be energy storage connector 6.0, not the 8.0 you linked (based on the measurements)
One of these two

If that is the case it is only rated up to 125A ?

And FYI I believe it would be energy storage connector 6.0, not the 8.0 you linked (based on the measurements)
One of these two

They claim their custom cables use 50mm wire. The 6.0 connector tops out at 25mm and 125 amps while the 8.0 connector goes from 25mm-70mm and would fit the claimed wire size and amp draw.

I sure hope they are the 8.0!

One of these two

Can anyone confirm or refute this? Was literally just about to buy one.

Can anyone confirm or refute this? Was literally just about to buy one.
I think I was initially wrong, based on the diagram I posted I would say the 8.0 looks right. If someone can measure the width of their futronics connector in mm that would tell you (I'm away so I can't).

Did you find a place to buy futronics connectors?

I think I was initially wrong, based on the diagram I posted I would say the 8.0 looks right. If someone can measure the width of their futronics connector in mm that would tell you (I'm away so I can't).

Did you find a place to buy futronics connectors?

Cheers. Worse case I can swap them out for something suitable.

Back