diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

Placed an order for one the other day. I'll post a some photos of the build when it gets here. If it lives up to expectations I'll be buying a couple more.

Last edited:
Why haven't we had people bost their already set up systems with the boxes? I thought many already received their boxes. Let's have usage reviews.

Why haven't we had people bost their already set up systems with the boxes? I thought many already received their boxes. Let's have usage reviews.
Have 4 boxes currently in service. They work as advertised. Charging to 90% and discharging to 10%. Only issue is the battery bms kept changing the desired charge values on the solarak inverter. I reset the charge, float, and equalization values via the solark, and it was changed the next day. Did this several times. Finally set things up correctly in the BMS, and the values on the solark stay set.

Have 4 boxes currently in service. They work as advertised. Charging to 90% and discharging to 10%. Only issue is the battery bms kept changing the desired charge values on the solarak inverter. I reset the charge, float, and equalization values via the solark, and it was changed the next day. Did this several times. Finally set things up correctly in the BMS, and the values on the solark stay set.
Does the BMS have Bluetooth?

That's disappointing. Changing parameters via an app is much more convenient. How accurate is the reported SoC?

If you have any luck let me know. I tried to reach out to Futronics but my email got returned. Seplos doesn't seem to want folks to make their own cable and instead buy theirs which is quite annoying. As I mentioned above I replaced my connectors with Amphenol but it was expensive.
get BMS in one week by DHL.

That's disappointing. Changing parameters via an app is much more convenient. How accurate is the reported SoC?
The state of charge is not exact. It took several days of complete charge/discharge for the bms to learn the capacity. It is getting more accurate every day. I have all 4 boxes in parallel. The inverter will report a charge value and the 4 boxes will all have different values, that average close to the value reported by the inverter. IE - inverter says 50% - box 1 says 55%, box 2 says 51%, box 3 says 47% and box 4 says 42%. It does always count down from the top box to the bottom. The actual voltage of each box seems to hover very close to the same value despite what is reports as the charge percentage. So in the case above the value of the voltage on all 4 boxes will be close to within a hundredth - 52.38 or 52.39.

I would like to switch to a busbar situation, and the values would probably be more accurate vs having the boxes daisy chained.

Last edited:
The state of charge is not exact. It took several days of complete charge/discharge for the bms to learn the capacity. It is getting more accurate every day. I have all 4 boxes in parallel. The inverter will report a charge value and the 4 boxes will all have different values, that average close to the value reported by the inverter. IE - inverter says 50% - box 1 says 55%, box 2 says 51%, box 3 says 47% and box 4 says 42%. It does always count down from the top box to the bottom.

I would like to switch to a busbar situation, and the values would probably be more accurate vs having the boxes daisy chained.
I'm just hoping it's better than the Sol-ark's internal SoC algorithm

I think I was one of the first people to get and set up my boxes. I bought four (Henry @ Seplos was my sales guy, really helpful fellow).

I'm using 64 280Ah cells I bought from Docan and so far (couple months now) everything is working really well. I purchased an extra BMS to keep on hand as a spare, as Seplos has had BMS issues before, but I feel pretty good about the purchase overall.

Thinking about buying a couple more cases but we will see how we get on through winter this year - I originally thought we needed more capacity but now I am not so sure. Love these batteries compared to lead acid.

I just ordered one of these kits. Hopefully there are still some good cells around when it arrives.

Hello everyone,

I have a company that is working on designing a custom 16s eve LP280K cell box that includes their own BMS 200A. I spent the money to have them do it. And hopefully some of you will be interested (and possibly share the initial cost ;-)) anyway, here is the initial design. The BMS screen will also be added.

it will be professional design, with flexible bus bar, fuse, bms, cell holder / insulation.

Just bring you your cells and you're done.

Any feed back ?

View attachment 79191
Any way you could update the OP with relevant links?

Any way you could update the OP with relevant links?
That is what this entire thread is about. The seplos battery kits were designed in response to sergea's request. My understanding is he footed the cost of the engineering for these kits. That we have them at all is a reflection of his willingness to share his idea with a company and pay for their development.

That is what this entire thread is about. The seplos battery kits were designed in response to sergea's request. My understanding is he footed the cost of the engineering for these kits. That we have them at all is a reflection of his willingness to share his idea with a company and pay for their development.
I understand that, however it's nice to have links in the OP for whatever has been discussed so people don't have to scour through every single message in the thread to find relevant links. There are 23 pages in this thread. Not everyone has the time to read through all 23 pages to find important information.

It helps people who haven't been involved from the get-go.

Back