diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

I understand that, however it's nice to have links in the OP for whatever has been discussed so people don't have to scour through every single message in the thread to find relevant links. There are 23 pages in this thread. Not everyone has the time to read through all 23 pages to find important information.

It helps people who haven't been involved from the get-go.
Hello, I try to avoid to drop link, however just google seplos, and look for MASON DIY kit for EVE280Ah cells. Someone else have an other company build a box, and Amy W. has also a box. If I have time I'll try to summarize in a document the 3 box solution available for seplos BMS, and EVE LF280/304Ah cells, and publish it in the resource section if it is allowed ;-)

Hello, I try to avoid to drop link, however just google seplos, and look for MASON DIY kit for EVE280Ah cells. Someone else have an other company build a box, and Amy W. has also a box. If I have time I'll try to summarize in a document the 3 box solution available for seplos BMS, and EVE LF280/304Ah cells, and publish it in the resource section if it is allowed ;-)
A comparison would be great!

Just for cost comparison:

Not really a like for like comparison as the four units required to accommodate 16 cells works out $200 more than a Seplos and you get non of the benefits, such as the BMS, LCD screen and most importantly the form factor. Also theres the additional costs/time involved paralleling all the batteries.

Not really a like for like comparison as the four units required to accommodate 16 cells works out $200 more than a Seplos and you get non of the benefits, such as the BMS, LCD screen and most importantly the form factor. Also theres the additional costs/time involved paralleling all the batteries.
Yeah but does the Seplos come with angry messages and blackmail?

Just for cost comparison:
completely different league, and certainly seplos is a much better company.
how on earth can you compair a flimpsy 3d printed kit , to the mason kit is well beyond me

The state of charge is not exact. It took several days of complete charge/discharge for the bms to learn the capacity. It is getting more accurate every day. I have all 4 boxes in parallel. The inverter will report a charge value and the 4 boxes will all have different values, that average close to the value reported by the inverter. IE - inverter says 50% - box 1 says 55%, box 2 says 51%, box 3 says 47% and box 4 says 42%. It does always count down from the top box to the bottom. The actual voltage of each box seems to hover very close to the same value despite what is reports as the charge percentage. So in the case above the value of the voltage on all 4 boxes will be close to within a hundredth - 52.38 or 52.39.

I would like to switch to a busbar situation, and the values would probably be more accurate vs having the boxes daisy chained.
i takes a few cycles to calibrate..
is also stated in the manual , i suggest you read that

i takes a few cycles to calibrate..
is also stated in the manual , i suggest you read that
I did read the BMS manual. I was aware of the fact it takes time to learn the behavior and capacity via multiple charge/discharge cycles.. I was providing a review of my experience with the battery (as requested), and verifying the experience and documentation match. I was not criticizing the battery or BMS. If you can't tell via my multiple posts on this subject - I'm a fan of the system.

Seems very positive bar the old batteries. I'm glad I resisted the offer of buying my batteries from Seplos now.

Looking forward to the 280AH Mason build. Perfect timing.
what source for your batteries ?

completely different league, and certainly seplos is a much better company.
how on earth can you compair a flimpsy 3d printed kit , to the mason kit is well beyond me
I considered them but $600 a piece was just a bit much for me.
If I had not already bought all the JKB BMS I might have went that way..

what source for your batteries ?

Shenzhen Luyuan via Amy Wan. I could have gotten them slightly cheaper elsewhere, but given there is pretty much no option for return when buying from China I wanted to play it safe and they/she has a great reputation.

I considered them but $600 a piece was just a bit much for me.
If I had not already bought all the JKB BMS I might have went that way..

That's just the sticker price. You'll almost certainly get $100 knocked off if you ask for their best price. Possibly more if you are cheekier than I am.

Shenzhen Luyuan via Amy Wan. I could have gotten them slightly cheaper elsewhere, but given there is pretty much no option for return when buying from China I wanted to play it safe and they/she has a great reputation.
Did you buy A(utomotive) grade batteries, or rejects Grade B batteries ?

yep I can confirm she has , I got A cells from Amy W (with test report, going to be used with seplos BMS) and cells from docan (non test report, so rejected cells, going to be used with JK BMS, as the cells are not matched by capacity the 2A active balancer will help a little if ever needed) .

Who did you buy them from at that price?
seplos, directly, but i've had one for quite a while now

see my post april 19th

Last edited:
Back