diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart BMS

Hi! I've just had exactly the same issue. Ordered some 4S 80A smart BMS. Their bluetooth module and app work, but I can't set any parameters. I also can't communicate with their BMS using the UART cable they sent me and the app posted here - https://diysolarforum.com/resources/daly-smart-bms-pc-software.50/

@Richard888 would it be possible for you upload the software somewhere? I haven't had anything back from Daly support, I suspect it's my gmail address causing issues.

Hi! I've just had exactly the same issue. Ordered some 4S 80A smart BMS. Their bluetooth module and app work, but I can't set any parameters. I also can't communicate with their BMS using the UART cable they sent me and the app posted here - https://diysolarforum.com/resources/daly-smart-bms-pc-software.50/

@Richard888 would it be possible for you upload the software somewhere? I haven't had anything back from Daly support, I suspect it's my gmail address causing issues.
someone actually posted the software here https://diysolarforum.com/threads/new-daly-smart-bms-w-communication-80-250a.7002/page-11#post-98838

Excellent thanks so much! Now... do you know what IC to select or should I just go down the list until some sensible values pop out? :)

Also BT connects with DalyBMS android app, shows SOC and currents, but can't set parameters cause requires a password, and its not 123456, I also have NTC cable and will check low temp shutoff works?
Did you figure out the password?
(Also looking for it :) )

Strange. According to the specification this must be possible. Do you have a different model?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-150329_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-150329_AliExpress.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 84
I checked the daly listing again after reading this thread :geek: , they have fully programmable bms now. Has anyone managed to get one and set their own parameters for temperatures and voltages? Do the temperature and voltage cutoffs work?

Previously the "smart bms" had preset configurations that you had to tell daly, that is why I did not get one. Thinking of getting one with the bluetooth, as that seems the most hassle free of getting the app to work.

My inverter, even though it has an ios app. It does not run the authentication. I used an andriod phone, simple connect with bluetooth and everything is available.

I was given this link by folks at daly, a bit helpful. Their document website, i think.

Last edited:
Ik heb 2 Daly Smart BMS 100A met bluetooth-adapter besteld. Ik weet zeker dat ik de instellingen kan aanpassen via de app. Zie bijlage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-150329_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-150329_AliExpress.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 24
I bought a Daly 200 amp smart BMS and could not get it to work, I got my money back through AliExpress and I bought the 500 amp Daly smart BMS and could not get it to turn on. I knew my wiring was correct because I have been using a 200 amp PWOD BMS for a few weeks without a problem. I tried everything to get it to work and nothing. I then decided to use my multimeter to do a continuity check across the BMS and the first two times (reversing the meter polarity each time) I got zero continuity and that's what I was expecting because no current was flowing to my inverter/charger. On the third and fourth tests I got continuity and it is all working now. Could the multimeter have activated the BMS?

I have also been investigating the Daly Smart BMS, as low temp cutoff is crucial for what i want to do.

I spoke to a technician yesterday from a local reseller to me, who confirmed he has programmed them via UART, and changed the low temp cutoff to different temperatures, and that it does infact work (ie. he tested it). ie this listing:

He mentioned seeing Wills Youtube test where he could not get the low tempo cutoff to work and suggested that was an earlier model than he had.

I received the same confirmation from another local battery builder. Confusing i know. It would be good for someone to make a video of it working so this is clear once and for all.

I checked the daly listing again after reading this thread :geek: , they have fully programmable bms now. Has anyone managed to get one and set their own parameters for temperatures and voltages? Do the temperature and voltage cutoffs work?

I was given this link by folks at daly, a bit helpful. Their document website, i think.

I have yet to see 1 Daly UART usb or BT connection that works and allows parameters to be set, Its vapor ware, the BT requires passcode that noone knows and UART plug doesnt show on SW program, it shows port connection 3 or 6 but no UART connection.

Back