diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart BMS

I ordered 2 Daly Smart BMS 100A with bluetooth adapter. I'm sure I can adjust the settings via the app. See Appendix.
VAPORWARE no worky, only BT will Show SOC but can't adjust or see anything else, no one has yet (password baloney), also UART usb no nothing on software, go with other BT 100A that works and NTC.

I am using Daly BMS with Bluetooth (only read, no write without PW as stated) I was able to load the software Sinwealth referenced earlier and I was able to change and write values to the BMS. In reading the values, however, I have some concerns as the BMS was intended to be for Lifepo4 and the BMS physically shows the correct labeling, however when I pull/read the values from the BMS it shows Device Chemistry as LION with Hex value for Battery Chemistry ID as 002F (no reference to know if this is correct for Lifepo4) I will look to see what parameters for charge and discharge should relate to Lifepo4 and see if those are correct.

I bought a Daly 200 amp smart BMS and could not get it to work, I got my money back through AliExpress and I bought the 500 amp Daly smart BMS and could not get it to turn on. I knew my wiring was correct because I have been using a 200 amp PWOD BMS for a few weeks without a problem. I tried everything to get it to work and nothing. I then decided to use my multimeter to do a continuity check across the BMS and the first two times (reversing the meter polarity each time) I got zero continuity and that's what I was expecting because no current was flowing to my inverter/charger. On the third and fourth tests I got continuity and it is all working now. Could the multimeter have activated the BMS?
Csimmer, I am having similar behavior with my BMS, by any chance is your BMS not balancing? Mine would not wake up once I unplugged the balance leads and replugged them, the BMS did wake up once I used my ohm meter to check continuity from P- to B-, but I do not think my BMS is balancing as I have cells that are almost .2 volts apart and the balance setting is at .05.... Thanks in advance.

Which Daly model did you get? From the best i can understand the < 60 A models can be user customized for settings either 3.7V Li-IOn or 3.2V LiFePO4 batteries.

ie.

" 1. DL4S 12V Smart BMS 30A 40A 60A bms can be used to 4S Li ion or LiFePO4 or LTO battery pack. Customer can adjust the paramter of overcharge or overdischarge the parameter sitting & other parameter if customer need to use which type battery for the same series battery. "

Are you using UART - USB or RS485 - USB to communicate with it from the PC?

Does the bluetooth work at the same time as USB connection?

I am using Daly BMS with Bluetooth (only read, no write without PW as stated) I was able to load the software Sinwealth referenced earlier and I was able to change and write values to the BMS. In reading the values, however, I have some concerns as the BMS was intended to be for Lifepo4 and the BMS physically shows the correct labeling, however when I pull/read the values from the BMS it shows Device Chemistry as LION with Hex value for Battery Chemistry ID as 002F (no reference to know if this is correct for Lifepo4) I will look to see what parameters for charge and discharge should relate to Lifepo4 and see if those are correct.

It is an 80 amp model, I can connect with UART to USB for the PC BMS tool to read and change settings, Bluetooth can monitor at the same time, but requires a passcode to change parameters, which I do not have.

According to the aliexpress description, my understanding was parameters can only be set with the PC software, and not over bluetooth. This is from the "Smart BMS" store 30-60AH Smart BMS (they claim this is Daly's second store. Their prices are cheaper and they dont charge extra for shipping. I didnt know if they are the exact same products / old products / seconds, but they didnt respond to my chat messages).

" 3s and 4S and 5S , the paramters can be adjusted by customer using the USB UART and USB 485 cable, but if cutomre choose bluetooth must only choose UART BT model. THanks。 "

This was confirmed by chat with Daly BMS store yesterday**, but its not explicitly stated in the Daly BMS store description. It took me about 10 exchanges and 4 hrs to conform this with the language barrier and unclear responses. I bought the 60A model to play with. Ive really wanted to see a howto / guide / explanation / test of these devices; guess ill take that challenge on myself if noone else does in the meantime.

** What was confirmed / understood my me:

1. If i want to use bluetooth i need to buy the UART version (not the RS485 version).
2. I can set parameters with the PC software they will email me (ill get it from here), but not from the bluetooth app - only read from bluetooth.
3. I cannot use the PC software over UART and Bluetooth at the same time. mekohler - is this in fact true?
4. It does come with low temperature disconnect, and has 1 NTC builtin onboard. I asked for another NTC and cable and they said they would include it at no extra charge.

It is an 80 amp model, I can connect with UART to USB for the PC BMS tool to read and change settings, Bluetooth can monitor at the same time, but requires a passcode to change parameters, which I do not have.

Last edited:
I am able to use the app over Bluetooth and use the UART over USB to PC at the same time

@mekohler .... seems to me that instead of calling you a liar he should be asking you details about how you are doing it .... I'm not sure that I would be responding to any more post from @Pi3.14 without a heartfelt apology, however.

I thought about being a smart a$$ back, but hey I am new here thought it better to provide the info and contribute without drama. Too much drama in the world today already. Happy to answer any specific questions but below is so what I am doing.

USB connection is spotty, at times my Win10 pc does not connect to the cable/driver correctly, I unplug and replug until it shows in device manager. I loaded the software that was referenced earlier (Sinowealth BMS Tool), there is another software package that does not work with my BMS. For my BMS I select IC Name SH39F003 and open port, then click button to open app. This is my first BMS battery and the BMS was not awake so Bluetooth would not work. I finally check continuity across BMS leads while on Battery and the BMS and Bluetooth woke up. The app shows the Bluetooth id automatically under Device Name if the BMS is awake, just click it and you are good. I cannot change settings in App via Bluetooth, but can via the USB connection.

Csimmer, I am having similar behavior with my BMS, by any chance is your BMS not balancing? Mine would not wake up once I unplugged the balance leads and replugged them, the BMS did wake up once I used my ohm meter to check continuity from P- to B-, but I do not think my BMS is balancing as I have cells that are almost .2 volts apart and the balance setting is at .05.... Thanks in advance.
Hi mehohler, my bms is working and balancing but the SOC on the bluetooth does not work (it only shows the batteries discharging and will only reset to 100% when a high disconnect voltage is reached). And I cannot connect to UART via my laptop, I can't see the usb port

I have just learnt that I needed a driver for my USB Serial connection. Now the PCMaster software is working after I input the battery capacity and voltage parameters. Even the bluetooth app is now showing the SOC increase as it charges.

Hi, have you checked all your parameters using the pc software ie balancing start voltage etc. It seems that changing the settings in the app is problematic. I have used the app to change settings and it seems to work but even though the battery capacity and voltage settings in the app were correct, the app SOC and the PC SOC were incorrect until I re-entered the same parameters into PcMaster. Mind you the BMS will shutdown when you do this but it can be restarted by pressing restart on the last page PcMaster.

I was unable to get PcMaster to connect to my BMS, I was able to use Sinowealth to connect, however. I need to go through the parameters in detail, I have not yet. I have changed one or two to verify that the Sinowealth software was updating the BMS, but more to do. Thank you for the follow-up.

Hey so I'm using a Daly 250a smart BMS.
While charging it I have 2 PSU's in series sending it 56v for a 48v system.
What's strange is that the BMS shows MORE power coming in than I am providing..

the BMS is reporting 11.2 amps coming in when the PSUs report 10.43 going out.
Yesterday I saw a more extreme difference.
Do I need to use the "Current 10a calibration" and calibrate this myself? I assumed the factory would have done this already.

battery is 32 x 280ah EVE cells in a 16s2p configuration.

I was also struggling turning the BMS on. Have found that when connecting USB to the PC, it turned on the BMS (confirmed with internal LED). Then I have found that when applying the charging voltage to the battery bank, it was turning on the BMS. I playing with 3x 250A Daly BMS configured for 4S

Last edited:
Back