diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart BMS

i have the same problem, cant change the capacity.

for an other project, i ordered an bms with canbus. anyone has experience with setting up a daly bms with canbus? (should be connected to an easun inverter)

Last edited:
Hmm, you say the Uart to USB didn't work for you either???
I'm not sure mine has the 485 port you refer to.
I can only see the Uart port.
I wonder where this leaves me? I can't afford another one. :(

As far as i understand, some Daly's are UART, some are RS485 - depending on what you ordered.

As far as i understand, some Daly's are UART, some are RS485 - depending on what you ordered.
That's curious then. Mine has the BT and UART labelled but if you look underneath there are another set of 4 pins there.
I wonder if that is the RS486 port and whether it is enabled or not..
Very strange.

1606780269573.png

1606780323464.png

Sorry about the blurry pic.

That's correct, only one device can be paired at a time.
But that doesn't really speak to the problem tho. I had two different model and year iPhones both of which connected quickly and easily but the Andriod couldn't even see it, and neither did the Android head unit in my truck. I should also add that while the other iPhone connected it couldn't change the settings I was wanting to change either.

Any one know of a good brand bms that works.
Gawd! That's the million dollar question!

I need two. Still haven't bought anything.

I'd like to know a good USA source! I don't care that it's from China, I want it shipped from the lower 48.[/rantoff

I have no problem using passcode 123456 and I can alter some parameters, but most annoyingly I can't alter the Battery Type or Capacity. I enter LiFePo4 but nothing appears and when I enter 200ah (my battery capacity) it enters some bizarre figure like 3.2ah. If I enter 50ah it will stick but if I enter 56ah it will change to 3ah of something like that. This also then screws with my SOC.

I have no problem using passcode 123456 and I can alter some parameters, but most annoyingly I can't alter the Battery Type or Capacity. I enter LiFePo4 but nothing appears and when I enter 200ah (my battery capacity) it enters some bizarre figure like 3.2ah. If I enter 50ah it will stick but if I enter 56ah it will change to 3ah of something like that. This also then screws with my SOC.
Good morning!

Did you ever find a solution for this? I can also enter the app and change parameters but cannot select or even change the battery type? When charging, I cannot get above 3.337 per cell....the mos charge and discharge indicators show "on".

Thanks and happy new year!

Good morning!

Did you ever find a solution for this? I can also enter the app and change parameters but cannot select or even change the battery type? When charging, I cannot get above 3.337 per cell....the mos charge and discharge indicators show "on".

Thanks and happy new year!
Hi, I think you asked this to another of my posts.
Short answer is NO, I had no luck, in fact, it got even worse and now I get nothing.
I have gone into more detail with screenshots on that other post.
Good luck.

Is there a preconfigured file I can load into there daly bms pc software for the parameter settings?

i have managed to talk to their engineer today.
There are two issues preventing the UART communication.
1. BMS need to be activated by charging with high current(10A+) or use tweezer short the pins labeled key and ground to fully activate the BMS.
2. There are two versions of Smart BMS. And their UART protocols aren't compatible. If the software "DalyBMS" isn't working, you will need to speak to their support to send you their internal program, which basically is a software talking different protocols.
Can you attach a picture of pins to be shorted, the one labeled key and ground. Thanks

I have the Daly Smart BMS 4s 12v 200a discharge. The bluetooth app was showing the right info for a while then started showing really incorrect info, like 8 temp sensors and 18 batteries. I tried closing the app, disconnecting BT on my phone, disconnecting the BT dongle, shorting the KEY pins, nothing worked, eventually disconnected B- and shorted it to P- which I guess resets the BMS and then the stats started showing properly again. for a few hours and then now its just happened again.
Capture+_2021-01-19-14-45-46.pngCapture+_2021-01-19-14-46-03.png

This actually happened to me today. Strange enough when I connected it to the PC UART it shows up just fine in the software. Only happens when I connect via Bluetooth app. Not sure why, did not get mines to reset.

Back