diy solar

diy solar

Deye Hybrid Split-Phase Inverters - Discontinued in favor of SOL-ARK

I received basically the same info from Huaya. Frankly the specs look great, very appealing. The price is more than I expected for a new and unproven product with arguably limited internal and external support, especially since they were recently advertising it at $2500. I'm still very tempted based on the superior specs.

I have also reached out to Luxpower for a quote on their LXP10K inverter, which 100% does indeed appear to be the same product as the Huayu inverter. Unknown if they are working towards UL approval.
Since I haven't heard back from Luxpower, I went to their site to send a follow-up email. Much to my surprise, the LXP Hybrid inverters from 7.6k-10k seem to have been removed from their website. Only the LXP 12k remains on their site.

There's scummy ways to operate in the free market and there's ethical ways. No, what they're doing isn't illegal or uncommon - but it doesn't communicate to the customer that they're a priority concern for Sol-Ark.

If they came out and just plainly stated that they utilize a design from Sun-Synk/Deye and make their own improvements to it or customize it for the US market and explain how their improvements and development are worth the massive added cost - then that would be a very ethical and upfront way of doing business in the "free market". As the customer could then decide the best path for their situation.

Instead, Sol-Ark appears to have hidden the fact that they didn't design the overall unit - then proceed to remove some features (Parallel smaller units) and at the same time jack the price up 300-400%. Then when customers (free market) start to find other sources for the original design - instead of trying to compete with the market and meet the customer needs, they decide to force the market by making deals to limit customers' ability to obtain the products in the "free market". Reducing customer options and securing their own bottom line. If they can't find a business model that works outside of scummy tactics - then maybe they should get the hint.

Very anti-free market in my mind. Yes, tons of companies do it - but I despise every single one of them that does. If that's the kind of "free market" you guys support and encourage - then I guess you enjoy getting bent over and used. Companies need to be called out on this and stop harming what really is a Free Market where the best products are widely available and customers ultimately get the choice on which business to support via purchases.

Wasn't directing this at anyone personally - so don't take this as an attack on you, Scorch - just giving an alternate opinion and you happened to be last. Just a difference of viewpoints.
How is Sol-Ark a little 5 million annual sale company Making a Multinational Giant like Deye do anything?

They don’t.

They are nearly enforcing their agreement which Deye signed not to compete with them in the North American Market.

Be mad at Deye if you want to complain.

I couldn't care less about the split-phase agreement.
It's too inefficient and problematic.
My issue with Sol-Ark is their bs sales pitch.
"Designed and built by US veterans "
When, in reality. They are just buying a Chinese inverter, jacking the price up x3, and slapping their name on it.
I have a lot of respect for our veterans.
And they are trying to take advantage of this respect, to line their pockets.

When, in reality. They are just buying a Chinese inverter, jacking the price up x3, and slapping their name on it.
They are veterans.
They did design the original unit. Its more cost effective to take an existing inverter and Upfit it.

They signed the agreement with Deye who also signed it.

It’s a free market.

You can do the same thing.

If the inverter is crap and the service is bad then guess what? The company will fail.

It hasn’t failed.

People are NOT buying it because they are veterans. They are buying it because it works.

If you don’t like it then don’t buy it.

You’re bitching about free market forces.
I guess you would rather have a monopoly of Chinese cheap inverters with absolutely no benefit to Americans.

They are veterans.
They did design the original unit. Its more cost effective to take an existing inverter and Upfit it.

It’s a free market.

If the inverter is crap and the service is bad then guess what? The company will fail.

It hasn’t failed.

People are NOT buying it because they are veterans. They are buying it because it works.

I guess you would rather have a monopoly of Chinese cheap inverters with absolutely no benefit to Americans.

I just don't care for liars.
Just that simple.
What exactly did they lie about? Specifically?

They are veterans. They did design the original and now doing ongoing design of the current product line.

You get all bent out of shape over some marketing anomalies.

9 out 10 products in the USA say Designed and made here when in truth it’s assembled here from parts made all over the world.

Call Deye and make your own to compete with them.
Just make sure your Company marketing materials says” Designed in China and Manufactured in China”.

They are veterans.

It’s a free market.

It hasn’t failed.

Agree and I am so tired of these crap posts from people who want a Sol-Ark but don't want to pay the price.
If the Sol-Ark was $1500 these same people would be singing it's praises and heaping praise on the Veterans who designed it and they would be happy and merry!
But because it is out of their price range all they do is bash it in hopes that the price will drop or that some cheap competitor will suddenly arrive on the scene. It's not going to happen! Sol-Ark is pretty much in the same Price range as Schneider, Outback, Tesla and Enphase.
Those are their competitors and that is the market they are targeting and so far with 300% sales increases year after year they seem to be very successfully at competing with them.

I was actually very interested in the Sol-Ark inverter.
It had all of the features that I was looking for. And even though the price was expensive, that didn't sway my choice. I just expected to save up, for a little while longer. It wasn't until I found out the truth, that I changed my mind. I just can't support a company like that. I will probably buy a Deye , eventually. For my next house. They make one of the best and most versatile inverters, on the market.
But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And can decide for themselves.
This is just mine.

I don't have a horse in this race but I think the general feeling is people don't like middle men.

Sol Ark took someone else's design (or at best gave Deye their specifications and asked them to design it for them) slapped their sticker on it, marked it up 300% and call it a day. All while using some questionable language (just like their naming convention) to give the impression that it was an American designed and made product. Just comes off a little slimy.

SunSynk, another Deye based inverter from South Africa, sells the 8k for $2900 and that includes SA's 15% VAT. Solark 8k? $6100.

I don't have a horse in this race but I think the general feeling is people don't like middle men.

Sol Ark took someone else's design (or at best gave Deye their specifications and asked them to design it for them) slapped their sticker on it, marked it up 300% and call it a day. All while using some questionable language (just like their naming convention) to give the impression that it was an American designed and made product. Just comes off a little slimy.

SunSynk, another Deye based inverter from South Africa, sells the 8k for $2900 and that includes SA's 15% VAT. Solark 8k? $6100.
Sol Ark did design and build the Beta Inverters in America and got them UL and FCC Certified Etc. They then sent out 30 Beta units and tested them extensively before they even got involved with Deye. You cannot compare Deye prices to Sol-Ark. Deye is selling on the grey market in the USA and the people importing them are doing so through other South American countries so they can avoid Trumps 25% Tariff.
Deye is NOT getting their stuff certified for the US market so that is a major expense they avoid. Deye is not using high quality parts in their Inverters so that is another huge cost savings. Deye is not warrantying anything, if it breaks your SOL unless they decide to be generous. Deye has no real customer support staff.

Sol-Ark on the other hand has about 30 full time Customer Service people who answer phone calls and emails 24/7/ 7 Days a week. Do you know what it cost to pay that many employees each week? Sol-Ark has a full Firmware development team that is updating the firmware about once per month with new features and bug fixes. Deye is cut off from firmware updates from Sol-Ark, so your basically running the early firmware that Sol-Ark first came out with.

I am really curious now. Was Solark designed by Solark and custom-built by Deye or did Solark create custom firmware for an existing Deye design?

The later.
Deye, comes out with a new model. And, all of the re branders announce it.

Deye re branders
Sol-ark
SunSink
LionEnergy
And, I'm sure that there's others.

I get both arguments on this ongoing saga.

I agree buying something through a middleman at a huge markup never sits well with me. Can I afford their product? Yes, but again knowing I could buy basically the same inverter through the OEM for 1/2 the price takes the option off the table for me. Not to mention it adds a lot to the ROI of the system.

OTOH, SA does add some nice stuff to the basic Deye inverter, they have excellent support (China has almost ZERO), and their CS is top-notch (again China basically has zero).

They do offer an excellent product though either way.

Deye re branders
Sol-ark
SunSink
LionEnergy
And, I'm sure that there's others.

LION ENERGY​

We are dedicated to providing safe, silent, renewable power to customers who want to become energy independent.

We do this by engineering, creating, manufacturing, testing and delivering high-quality energy storage products for your home, work and play.
This is our passion, our mission!

WHY WE'RE TRUSTED​

We provide products that are valued by our customers because we design, engineer, manufacture and test each product to the highest standards. It doesn't go into production or shipped out of our HQ until it passes a ridiculous amount of testing.

Those dirty dirty Middlemen Liars..

I get both arguments on this ongoing saga.

I agree buying something through a middleman at a huge markup never sits well with me. Can I afford their product? Yes, but again knowing I could buy basically the same inverter through the OEM for 1/2 the price takes the option off the table for me. Not to mention it adds a lot to the ROI of the system.

OTOH, SA does add some nice stuff to the basic Deye inverter, they have excellent support (China has almost ZERO), and their CS is top-notch (again China basically has zero).

They do offer an excellent product though either way.
That’s where SA market comes from Good products and Great support.

Buy a Deye and you get a Deye and a Good Luck.

Their newest model is definitely the Deye.
Not sure about any of their other products.
LionEnergy, that is.

Back