diy solar

diy solar

Did I have a weird dream about Will adding a 'dislike' button?

In general the forum has become less enjoyable place for me. It's the only forum I've ever thought it necessary to apply a block to other members and I'm starting to wonder why I am here.
Sadly, I also have a populated IGNORE list. Not too many <12 collected over the years. I can say 2 of them because of racist kind of krud & I think Will actually banned those 2 pretty quick. A couple of others who delighted in trying to be passive fire starters and the rest well...

Personally, I assume everybody that doesn't put a (y),:love:, or :ROFLMAO: on my posts must have me on ignore, because how else would they not be compelled to do so.

I don't have anyone on ignore. I rarely have someone I get so fed up with that I have to do that to. It has happened elsewhere on rare occasion. I figure hey, even a broken clock is still right twice a day, so maybe the guy might have something useful to say every once in a while :LOL:

I only have a couple of people on ignore.
They have to be obnoxiously annoying to get on there.
And they are usually gone or banned before very long.
Because everyone is ignoring them, or they go off the deep end on someone.

But I agree that the forum is working very well as it is.
Most people seem to enjoy being here.
We are all guilty of drifting off topic (myself a lot), it's the normal evolution of a conversation. But it only takes a simple reminder from one of us (in the conversation) to get the rest of us back on track.
If it gets out of hand, it can be reported.
I have personally picked up a lot of unexpected information from off topic conversations.

Your dream is becoming reality😆

It's actually turned out more than reality... with the new "moderate your own thread" feature, I just spotted a load of "delete" buttons on this thread, because I started it....

Heck, it looks like I can even delete @Will Prowse's posts in this thread... though I don't think I'll make it to 3000 posts on this forum if I try that trick :eek:

It's actually turned out more than reality... with the new "moderate your own thread" feature, I just spotted a load of "delete" buttons on this thread, because I started it....

Heck, it looks like I can even delete @Will Prowse's posts in this thread... though I don't think I'll make it to 3000 posts on this forum if I try that trick :eek:

I thought my post count went down, now I know why.

Maybe we need a shocked (as in electrocuted) emoji. It seem like it would be pretty relevant and important given the site's subject matter. They might be the response I need as start rewiring my RV in the next few weeks and am sure I will have some questions where these may be the appropriate response.

View attachment 223285View attachment 223286
I use this gif...
1718909797325.gif

The intent - keep threads on topic
The method - how about a reaction that is like a gentle "stay-on-topic-please" or "return to topic" - but without deleting the post altogether.
some creative graphic designer type can build a suitable icon for it. 🤬 Return to topic emoji ??

Or the OP for the thread can click a 'return to topic' reaction and the post changes from dark to half tone...readable but not as clear...
other ideas?

diy solar

diy solar
Back