diy solar

diy solar

DIY 'Chargenectifier'

This one (3kW R48-3000e3) allows you to pick the output voltage and comes with an adapter board:

Under €100 including shipping.
Well this may be way easier than I thought... The seller stated this will accept 120vac input. I asked for clarity 1 more time, I'll likely order tonight if I'm awake when they reply.
US $49.82 | Emerson R48-3000e3 Communication Switching Power Supply Module 48V Induction Heater Power Supply Disassemble With interface

Thank you upNorth for your personal help and advice on this. ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230314-180129.jpg
    Screenshot_20230314-180129.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 26
Yeah, make sure it accepts 120V for sure. I've not looked into that, but it looks not to be the case from the label. I'm planning on getting a couple of them myself.
Keep us informed how it goes!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230314-182604.jpg
    Screenshot_20230314-182604.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 21
Actually does anyone know of a telecom recycler, there's probably thousands of these things getting trashed in this country every day. I had a kid local to me selling reclaimed batteries from old cell towers.
If I can find his contact info again I'm going to ping him about this.

Would this work too? I have a bigger generator... (I also asked seller for clarity.)
Screenshot_20230315-165809.jpg

I'm glad the seller knows the product they are selling and honest in replies...

I also found this from another seller.
US $127.05 23%OFF | Charger 90v 120v 0- 20A 15A Adjustable Charger 140v 10-120v LI-ION Lithium Lifepo4 Battery Pack Charger LTO
Screenshot_20230315-170555.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230315-170352.jpg
    Screenshot_20230315-170352.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 11
Would this work too? I have a bigger generator... (I also asked seller for clarity.)
Screenshot_20230315-165809.jpg

This could work, yes.

Out of curiosity.. does anyone have the real AC power draw of an Emerson/Eltek/Huawei style 3KW power supply at 230v AC? I've seen anything from 17a to 22a printed on them, but I'd sure hope its not 22a! With a power factor of 0.99 and 90+ efficiency I'm wondering what the real draw is.. my geni is rated for 4.5kw continuous but I've found that brings the HZ down way too low so somewhere between 3.5-4 kw is more appropriate, so maybe a 3kw PSU would pull around 3.5kw AC?

I was originally thinking of two 2kw units, but with conversion rates that would probably overload the geni.

Is the output limit on these units programmable via the control bus? Or via a dial on the unit?

That's probably a feature you want anyway regardless of the quirks of your generator. It's available on the Chargeverter

If you're only powering the chargers then dropping the HZ may be less of an issue. Maybe that also pulls the geni out of its optimal performance band.

does anyone have the real AC power draw of an Emerson/Eltek/Huawei style 3KW power supply at 230v AC? I've seen anything from 17a to 22a printed on them

The current it draw is directly related to the voltage you supply. Because it has a wide voltage input range, it also has a wide current output based on that voltage and max power output. Since 3kW is the max output, at 230V, that's a maximum of about 13A. These should be in the 90% efficiency, so even taking that into account, it shouldn't be more than 15A or so.

Is the output limit on these units programmable via the control bus? Or via a dial on the unit?

There should be a control module somewhere, but not sure where to find it. It plugs into the CAN bus as far as I know. That said, they also go into constant current mode, so even if your load is higher, the supply will just deliver whatever it can (similar to a limited power supply when you balance cells).

There should be a control module somewhere, but not sure where to find it. It plugs into the CAN bus as far as I know. That said, they also go into constant current mode, so even if your load is higher, the supply will just deliver whatever it can (similar to a limited power supply when you balance cells).

Sure. Depending on the user the generator may be the bottleneck so CC needs to be set lower.

Sure. Depending on the user the generator may be the bottleneck so CC needs to be set lower.

Yes, of course.

I think the control module needed for these is the Emerson (now Vertiv) NetSure M820D Controller:

Manual:

There's a few fro sale on eBay and other places...

The links posted above to the AliExpress seller are configurable (at least some of his products) I did ask about current limiting and they will do that on the Huawei units before they ship them out to you. Of course there are smaller power supplies available thought that may be better suited to your generators output.

Now I really want to figure out the CAN protocol on that Emerson. I'll look around to see if it's available. If not, I might just get the controller and sniff out the protocol that way.

Now I really want to figure out the CAN protocol on that Emerson. I'll look around to see if it's available. If not, I might just get the controller and sniff out the protocol that way.

That should be helpful.

diy solar

diy solar
Back