diy solar

diy solar

DLG E-BOX 48100R, testing and tinkering.

did you know about login debug?
DLG>login debug
@
Command completed successfully
$$
DLG_debug>help
@
Local command:
adc Addr show - adc
bat Battery data show - bat [pwr][index]
bmicbld BMIC Soft Bleed Ctrl - bmicbld [chip][Val]
bmicd BMIC data show - bmicd [chip]
bmice Setup BMIC - bmice [chip]
bmicr BMIC read - bmicr [chip][Offset]
bmicsh BMIC show reg -bmicsh [chip]
bmicw BMIC write - bmicw [chip][Offset][Val]
ci Current Comm Info
cmdquit Quit the Console Mode
config config [pov/povr/phv/phvr/plv/plvr/puv/puvr/pslp/bov/bovr/bhv/bhvr/blv/blvr/buv/buvr/bslp/bsv/bv
/cot/cotr/cht/chtr/clt/cltr/cut/cutr/dot/dotr/dht/dhtr/dlt/dltr/dut/dutr/coc/coca/cocar
/eot/eotr/eht/ehtr/elt/eltr/eut/eutr/doc/doca/docar/ocd/ocr/sc/scd/scr/clc
/recinv/shuttime/uvtime/save/default][val]
/[sleep/record][on/off/day/week/month][starttime][endtime]
/[hwsleep][<on/off>][sleeptime][wakeuptime]
ct Track Comm Port Data [Port Number]

Remote command:
Command completed successfully
$$
DLG_debug>

I did exactly that today for the moment 2 bats are at 82% and 2 at 93%. Now the first invertor is positive from bat 1 and negative from bat 4. And the second invertor positive on bat 4 and negative on bat 1.
Be advised that the SurLok connectors are only rated for 125A.

Did you verify each is running the same firmware? Have you tried charging each one individually to 100% and putting back in parallel ? It's hard to see the connection scheme from your photo, but I suspect the issue is cabling.
Can you show a schematic or clearer photos?

Also, it seems like you have 4 sets of the long cables. Why not just run all 4 to a busbar and have them paralleled there?

Did you verify each is running the same firmware? Have you tried charging each one individually to 100% and putting back in parallel ? It's hard to see the connection scheme from your photo, but I suspect the issue is cabling.
Can you show a schematic or clearer photos?
Yes same firmware. I will make a schematic tomorow! I tried charghing to 100% individiual and then put them back on all. The result is the same

I know thank you! Great note!
You've got two inverters connected; my concern is that depending on the model you may be able to exceed that current with a single inverter, let alone two.

You've got two inverters connected; my concern is that depending on the model you may be able to exceed that current with a single inverter, let alone two.
The invertors are Growatt SPF 5000 ES, each inverter has it`s own cable and it`s limited to 50Amps. So most cand both get it`s 100Amps

I hope this helps. I`m thinking that maybe the central bms it`s doing that. Or internal resitence on the first 2 batteries is lower!

Attachments

• power_schematic.png
    power_schematic.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 33
  • SOC-10-08-2022.png
    SOC-10-08-2022.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 32
I received the same update file as the one posted here today from the factory in china. I updated all my batteries.
Main Soft version : SPBMS16SRP2110V1.1.3.
Use at your own risk as they say!

Attachments

• Latest update file for 48100R-A.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
Can we do a survey on how many batteries each of you have?
Does any of you monitor the discharge and charge rates?
I am talking to the factory about my issue and it seems that it needs further investigation. I think you should all check your batteries to see if they discharge and charge equaly. Not doing so will result in one failling early! If any of you detected the same issue leave me a message and i will add you to the group!

Today i moved just swapped the batteries at the factory`s request. I moved the battery 2 in place of battery 4 . And the issue moved with them, so it`s not a cable issue. I think that the batteries have different internal resistance. the change was done around 16:20. If any of you has any other ideas let me know!

Attachments

• soc_all.png
    soc_all.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 12
Are you guys running the ground wire on these?

The manual says to ground it and there appears to be a ground link for between batteries, but in all the videos of people running these nobody seems to have the ground wires connected.

Yes, grounding all equipment is a good idea.

Mine seem to be pulling current pretty evenly.

What software/hardware are you using to graph that data?

Attachments

• PXL_20220811_232304973.jpg
    PXL_20220811_232304973.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 18

Your`s seem to be even. I wrote a program to read the console and send the data to a database. Cacti get`s the data from there and graphs it.
Wrote the templates for cacti as well.

Everyone should ground evrething, but do not ground solar panels with batteries and invertor.
I have different grounds for panels and invertor + batteries.

Can you please put a picture of the battery connections or schematic that would be even better and the number of cycles from each battery.
Do you have one invertor or more? What type of invertor?
Thank you so much!

Back