diy solar

diy solar

Does anyone know anything about this

Y

Yes, glad I waited. Signature Solar is busy taking care of customer support victims. Same with MPP and Growatt. It seems the chinese are not quite ready for the budget primetime. Those seeking cheap are taking a 50/50 chance. Some workout with a few small glitches, others not so good. Even Victron products can have their problems. Seems that it’s best to buy with quality support as a priority. I’ve been trying to put a system together for over a year, learning and waiting. I have solar panels, wire, tools, hardware, and have yet to purchase home electronics. My Grendel 2200 was a good purchase for my van, but I am pretty much saving up for Victron electronic components for the home. Forums like this one are such an advantage when it comes to getting help from knowledgeable people. Thanks for helping others.
Good call.……I’m on my 9th piece of Victron gear now from small to large stuff., with the tenth in the crosshairs….no problems of any kind . Since I started I was never trying to “save money”..I just wanted results without problems…the money will work itself out in time by not having to deal with stooges on the phone somewhere…
some agree with me and many don’t… it’s been that way my whole life..I don’t care…I just get stuff done and move on.
J.

Wow, thanks for your help. I guess I would be better off using two Victron Multi-Plus 5000’s with the proper link cable. Just caught my eye and looked too good to be true. Again thanks for sharing your wisdom with a beginner.
You'll need a solar charge controller as well.

Looks interesting. I can only find it being shipped from SJ Puerto Rico. I am a beginner and would like feedback on this system. From what I understand, it has 3000 per leg, but somehow can add up to 20%of the unused power from the other leg if available and needed. The price almost looks like a scam.

Victron Inverter RS 48V/6000A PIN482601000, 100A Autotransformer 120/240 Combo​

Condition:
NewNew
Price:
US $3,097.46
You should be able to get that much cheaper, for example:

RS 48/6000: $1670

100A autotransformer: $727

I wish someone had of told me that in August 2022 before my DA spent one penny with Signature Solar on two new poj 6500ex’s, promoted by Will. I should of known better than to trust reviews on equipment people get for free. Edit: Signature Solar stood behind their products, provide great customer service, tech support and a fair resolution. I highly recommend them now. What a stress relief! Thank you!
What was the resolution? Full refund? That's not bad if you originally bought them in 8/2022. Prob well worth it to them to avoid your negative posts :)

Wow, thanks for your help. I guess I would be better off using two Victron Multi-Plus 5000’s with the proper link cable. Just caught my eye and looked too good to be true. Again thanks for sharing your wisdom with a beginner.
The RS inverter is strictly designed for off-grid use. It doesn't have an AC charger or transfer switch to go from AC grid to DC battery as a source like the multiplus units do. It can only charge from its built in SCC.

I wish someone had of told me that in August 2022 before my DA spent one penny with Signature Solar on two new poj 6500ex’s, promoted by Will. I should have known better than to trust reviews on equipment people get for free. Edit: Signature Solar stood behind their products, provide great customer service, tech support and a fair resolution. I highly recommend them now. What a stress relief! Thank you!
Other than the obvious of a courtroom nature , what is a DA… ? ..solar has has a lot of acronyms I always wonder about…

wow thank you. Thru the software? I liked what that transformer does. I was told on here that with the RS model that it was 50 hz only.

wow thank you. Thru the software? I liked what that transformer does. I was told on here that with the RS model that it was 50 hz only.
Yes via Bluetooth with Victron Connect app:
But you need to understand this isn't like a multiplus. It will only charge your batteries from solar. No AC charger like a multiplus has.

Screenshot_20230926_185857_Samsung Notes.jpg

Thanks again for sharing your wisdom. I am looking this over and starting to understand. Thanks again

Good call.……I’m on my 9th piece of Victron gear now from small to large stuff., with the tenth in the crosshairs….no problems of any kind . Since I started I was never trying to “save money”..I just wanted results without problems…the money will work itself out in time by not having to deal with stooges on the phone somewhere…
some agree with me and many don’t… it’s been that way my whole life..I don’t care…I just get stuff done and move on.
J.
Great philosopy. Sometimes cheap can cost you more, and hours and hours of time also. It can be very frustrating when things don’t work and you cant get any help.

Reactions: JRH
RS 6000:
240V - need autotransformer to get 120V
Built in mppt
No AC charging or transfer switch from grid to battery (no grid input at all).

Multiplus 2:
120V
No mppt
AC charger, transfer switch included for switching from grid to battery.

pretty much sums it up thank you. Think Ill buy two slightly used demo Quatro 5000’s that I have a really good deal on. They will be more, and I’ll need an MPPT charger, but I’ll have more potential down the road. You have been very helpful. If you ever need any help on building custom furniture or semi auto weapons, just let me know by PM please.

Back