diy solar

diy solar

Dronequote.net feedback?

TheLoneAquarist

I got a couple of quotes using dronequote.net. Does anyone in the socal area have any issues or feedback on this company?

The quote:

I've got one interesting quote through them from NexusEnergy for Qty: 36 Hanwha Q-Cell 400W Black on black and Qty: 36 Enphase Micro Inverters. Gross purchase price is $49,710 but net ends up being $34,797 after tax credit. Energy production is rated as 1,568 kWh Monthly / 18,820 kWh Annual. This is without storage, just solar. I'd like to add in at least 3 days of backup at some point.

Any feedback or opinions are welcome. thank you :)

50k for panels and micros, What else?
That's an exorbitant price even if inverter(s) are included. Why the micros and not high voltage strings?

The price you got is at least 2 or 3 times higher than the current market price for similar equipment.
If throwing in the federal tax credit makes you feel better about that price, know that everyone can get the same tax credit.

Only benefit is of course that it includes installation labor, warranties on roof coverage, etc. and city permit/inspection fees. Not to mention this is on a tile/concrete roof — if that makes a difference in installation.

Btw, you didn't mention of the quote is just for the equipment or includes installation, permits, and everything else. For just the equipment, it is way overpriced.

The size of the system you indicated is about a 14KW system. Just for fun I ran it through Tesla solar for a 14KW system at a random adderss in Los Angeles. The quote Tesla came back with was approx $31,000 installed, permitted, and everything else included. You can add 3 Powerwalls for 7+ days backup for an additional $30,000.

Personally I don't like Tesla Solar. I ordered an 8KW system with two powerwalls last year, went through all of the paperwork, and on the day of installation they get up on my roof, drilling holes everywhere and then say they can't do it. So everything was cancelled. My main gripe about Tesla Solar was the complete lack of communication for weeks and months until the day the workers showed up to install. After they left, I was there to fend for myself.

Back