diy solar

diy solar

Duromax XP13000HXT and Autostart Wiring?

Robotica72

I spoke to Duramax and they told me this is possible, but they couldnt tell me how since it would void the warranty - They also said there are people who have done this and there are vidoes out there (But of course, they didnt/couldnt link to them).

I want to add my new Duromax to my Solar Setup, I already have an AGS from Schneider - I just need to figure out the wires I need to use to autostart the generator. I debated taking the remote start controller apart and using that, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

I have the wiring diagram, and Im hoping that the push to start button wiring can be used, its pretty simple with a red/green/black and one more wire in it.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or has done this on this model?

I didn't look up your model ... is this an automatic-choke model from duromax? If not, it may not be as suitable for gen-start modules. If it is, then sometimes the big inverter guys (ie, magnum, others) will have diagrams for auto-starting many different kinds of gens, where either they or a customer has figured it out.

Magnum puts out a bunch of such diagrams, and some googling might get you a starting point ...

Another "requirement" is does a gen have some kind of "smart" plug (ATS) ... between auto-choke and smart plug, most everything is there to support gen-start like a generac (just not quite as easy).

Hope this helps ...

Sorry I didnt reply earlier, had some health issues with my mom and it took a lot of time to drive her around / help at the house / etc.... But now thats settled down a bit, Im back to this.

So, this model is a Tri-Fuel and I will use Natural Gas with it - It includes a remote starter keyfob that works great, so since that all works, I have to assume it can be hooked up to autostart in some method. In the end, I will be wiring the generator starter with my solar AGS, so when my batteries get low it will kick on the generator to support the loads on my sub-panel.

Ill take a look at the Magnum stuff - maybe Ill get lucky ....

Thanks
Scott

I found a solution to this for the pulsar generator I bought off amazon for the house. I just never ordered it and I cant remember who makes it :)

Let me dig around and I will post a link. The guys in israel best I remember or maybe greece.

Cool unit though. It is configured and controlled via an android tablet and will auto start any generator that has electric start. You can program it to run the generator from time to time for maintenance and choose what makes it crank power wise and how long it runs after its started for to the house. Nice to keep it running long enough to get thru blinking power outages and avoid constant restarts.

REAL nice unit. They sell choke controls for it if needed.

Let me see if I can find the links.

Found it. They are in Cyprus.

The V2 unit is what I had bookmarked but its discontinued. The V6 one seems to be its replacement but it cost more.

Back