diy solar

diy solar

Dyness 2.4kwh battery connection to growatt spf 5000 es

TJ Human

Hi guys. I have a growatt spf 5000 es inverter connected to a dyness 2.4kwh battery. When I go to setting 5 on the inberter selecting lithium battery it wants to know on which protocol to go. Which one do I put it on?

Hi guys. I have a growatt spf 5000 es inverter connected to a dyness 2.4kwh battery. When I go to setting 5 on the inberter selecting lithium battery it wants to know on which protocol to go. Which one do I put it on?
What protocols are there? If CAN Bus and Modbus RS485, it should be CAN Bus, as I understand..

What protocols are there? If CAN Bus and Modbus RS485, it should be CAN Bus, as I understand..
After connecting the communication cable and setting the dip switches on the battery for the inverter,the inberter lets you select lithium ion on setting number 5, but after that it wants to know on which protocol setting to run,I also dont know whiich one it is that is what I want to know.

After connecting the communication cable and setting the dip switches on the battery for the inverter,the inberter lets you select lithium ion on setting number 5, but after that it wants to know on which protocol setting to run,I also dont know whiich one it is that is what I want to know.
Generally, there should be a Drop Down and the communication protocols should be listed. If there are CAN Bus and RS484, you should select CAN Bus. Growatt SPF5000 ES is brand new. If you can share the use manual, it would help.

There is no drop down to explain which to choose,i plugged in the wire to the RS485 port,selected lithium ion and put it on protocol 1. Seems to be charging from the grid now so I will keep watching it to make sure. BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT IS THE CORRECT SETTING?!

Attachments

• User-Manual_Growatt-SPF5000-ES_2020_ENG.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 23
There is no drop down to explain which to choose,i plugged in the wire to the RS485 port,selected lithium ion and put it on protocol 1. Seems to be charging from the grid now so I will keep watching it to make sure. BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT IS THE CORRECT SETTING?!
There seem to be L1 ~ L65 battery types. Protocol 1 is RS485 and Protocol 51 and above are CAN. Your battery manual may have a cross reference of Protocol # for Growatt. That is what you should select in 36.

There seem to be L1 ~ L65 battery types. Protocol 1 is RS485 and Protocol 51 and above are CAN. Your battery manual may have a cross reference of Protocol # for Growatt. That is what you should select in 36.
Yes it is that cross reference number I am looking for but cant seem to find. I phoned the suppliers,but they are not willing to help me,they say I should get one of their installers to install the whole setup and they should do the setting but at a crazy prise. Attatvhed is the battery guide,maybe you see something I missed.

Attachments

• B4850_User_Manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
Yes it is that cross reference number I am looking for but cant seem to find. I phoned the suppliers,but they are not willing to help me,they say I should get one of their installers to install the whole setup and they should do the setting but at a crazy prise. Attatvhed is the battery guide,maybe you see something I missed.
Try DIP Setting according to Page 8 - Item 4. That should be enough.

Back