diy solar

diy solar

East west configuration

From what I've just read it looks like LF are on their way out, too heavy and costly.
Does anyone know if the Voltronic 3000w hf inverter will run a modern split aircon unit of about 3.5kwatt. When it's running on cold it only draws just less than one kwatt. Of course its start up current wi be very high.
Actually, I thought my biggest load would be a 2 kw water boiler but was forgetting about the high compressor load of the air con. I will try find out the start up current of my aircon unit, but I may have to get a 4 or 5 kw inverter.
When I got quotes to have solar installed by solar companies they both were recommending 3kw inverters so maybe a 3kv inverter has enough surge capacity.
The mind boggles

Just found this Must, PH1800 PRO Series (PV:450V 3/5.2KW) for 550 euros, for the 24v, 3 kW.
It can take up to 450v pv and up to 4000w pv.
I have asked the seller if it will run a 3.5 kw aircon which when running on cold less than a kilo watt. It says it will surge up to 6 kw but only for milli seconds which I would think is not sufficient.

OK, I've done some more reading and it seems that inverter air cons don't have much of a draw so that's great.
My new aircon in lounge is OK but my 18 year old air on in Bedroom may not work.
Would it harm an inverter unit to try to run an older aircon, or would just switch it self off or blew a fuse.
Thank you for readers support I have learn a lot and hopefully saved making costly mistakes

Back